Stepanova/Bukin are planning to withdraw

Tarasova/Morozov are planning to go to the Challenge Cup in The Hague instead

Alexander Samarin misses the final

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It doesn't say in the article, but it would make sense to prepare for Worlds.
Now I remember, someone saw it on twitter and we discussed it in the RMT. No-one was sure if the information was accurate though, but it seems now that there was some truth to it.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Now I remember, someone saw it on twitter and we discussed it in the RMT. No-one was sure if the information was accurate though, but it seems now that there was some truth to it.
I'm not really surprised as this is a common occurrence that leading skaters don't turn up for the final. It's right, some things are just taken for granted and are not really news. I don't usually relay 'news' that everyone is expecting anyway. Must be the lockdown, sorry. ;)

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm not really surprised as this is a common occurrence that leading skaters don't turn up for the final. It's right, some things are just taken for granted and are not really news. I don't usually relay 'news' that everyone is expecting anyway. Must be the lockdown, sorry. ;)
Lol, same. Pre-pandemic I only ever used to lurk on here, but since lockdown I feel like I'm spending half my days discussing minor figure skating tidbits on GSF. It's fun, but I'm still looking forward to life returning back to normal. It will be better in summer, less skating ( :( ) and more warm evenings for outdoor activities.

Novalis

Record Breaker
There's some early schedule news in here:

Just click the "расписание соревнований" (competition schedule)

The seniors Saturday (3 pm to 9 pm) and Sunday (2 pm to 9.30 pm). The order for both days: Men, Pairs, Ladies, Dance

Time zone is surely Moscow time, since this is at Megasport.

The juniors Monday and Tuesday in order Boys, Girls, Pairs, Dance

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Well all the national champions have already been named for the World's team (if it happens) so it's not surprising that they might not want to be beaten here.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker

If you're already named to the World's team you probably don't want to come second. As all the winners CAN be beaten and have been before.

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
So wait would y'all bet that the ladies champion (also known as Anna) won't show up? And what about at the junior levels (all four disciplines)? There's no junior worlds this year, so...

Interested in any reflections.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I wonder if Gubanova has any chance to get invited to this RCF. Poor girl was in quarantine all season (because of people around her having Covid).

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Tarasova/Morozov are planning to go to the Challenge Cup in The Hague instead
I have just now found out that Mikhail Kolyada is on the latest update for entrees at the Challenge Cup.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Perhaps it is part of the preparation: it's an international competition with no spectators, just as Worlds is going to be. Smaller scale maybe, but having no audience at all is different from what he's used to for now.
Was thinking the same. It is mentally better preparation for these Worlds to travel somewhere and perform for empty stands, than crowded Megasport in Moscow.