2020-21 (and -22) Ladies' skating predictions/rankings | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020-21 (and -22) Ladies' skating predictions/rankings

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Because that’s exactly what will make figure skating more popular: rigged competitions
Well, calling other skaters' URs and incorrect edges doesn't constitute as "rigging" to me.

I really wish they could do that instead of just not calling anything and inflating everyone's scores way too high, but that probably is a pipe dream.

kirauza343

On the Ice
Well, calling other skaters' URs and incorrect edges doesn't constitute as "rigging" to me.
It is when you selectively call certain skaters in order to make another skater win (as the person I replied to was implying).

Ideally everything would be called! That’s what I’d like to see! If Kamila wins let it be because was undeniably the strongest or cleanest, not because her issues were ignored but everyone else’s were called.

kirauza343

On the Ice
The last rigged competition was in France when Alina and Aliona got every call possible incl. that ridiculous time deduction in France and Mariah Bell's mistakes weren't, just like @[email protected] mentioned.
I definitely wouldn’t call it the last rigged competition (there’s been other issues in competitions since then) but yeah? It was still bad and I never said it wasn’t?

kirauza343

On the Ice
I didn't see this post as asking to rig the competitions lol
What part of “other skaters might be called TO MAKE SURE Valieva wins” isn’t suggesting rigging......exclusively calling Kamila’s rivals but not Kamila herself would literally be rigging the competition in her favor

Skatesocs

Final Flight
What part of “other skaters might be called TO MAKE SURE Valieva wins” isn’t suggesting rigging......exclusively calling Kamila’s rivals but not Kamila herself would literally be rigging the competition in her favor
Because I read it as "someone like Shcherbakova will finally get her calls". It doesn't say Valieva won't be getting any calls to fetch her the win. My charitable interpretation of their post anyway.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland

Kihira training, all the 4S look underrotated.

I start to think that she should just take it out and go for a safe 3A programs that will guarantee her bronze.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Actually it would be unrigged in that case. Valieva doesn't have calls that can be made against her. She has the edges and no questions on rotation.
I disagree, Kamila often tends to land on her inside edge. This is a problem especially if it happens on the first jump of her combo, since the distinct change of edge would in principle invalidate the combo. She doesn't get called on it though. :shrug:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
This is a problem especially if it happens on the first jump of her combo, since the distinct change of edge would in principle invalidate the combo. She doesn't get called on it though.
This isn't true though? I don't remember the rule (her problem to me is on the +3Salchow, where too much of the weight shifts on to the right foot at times), but there are several people who land on the inside/flat edge on the first jump (by mistake), and get -GOE...

I actually said as much here, haha

1. For the +Toeloops she usually does a clear edge change into the jump. Though I'll say I don't remember if this is a TP rule to *invalidate* it or not, but it needs a severe deduction. It's actually quite harmful to the ankles.

2. For the +3S she usually distributes too much of her weight onto the right foot. This is a judgment call the TP needs to make, but this was quite bad here.

I did think it was a rule, but not sure at all; the Salchow one has happened to some people before though.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This isn't true though? I don't remember the rule (her problem to me is on the +3Salchow, where too much of the weight shifts on to the left foot at times), but there are several people who land on the inside/flat edge on the first jump (by mistake), and get -GOE...
Tbh, I'm not sure how the rule should be interpreted correctly either. The fact remains that if there is a change of edge between two jumps, they don't constitute a combination. On the other hand, she isn't supposed to land on an inside edge at all, so :shrug::unsure:.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Tbh, I'm not sure how the rule should be interpreted correctly either. The fact remains that if there is a change of edge between two jumps, they don't constitute a combination. On the other hand, she isn't supposed to land on an inside edge at all, so :shrug::unsure:.
If there is change of edge between two jumps, it is still called a combination. To quote - 'Landing on the incorrect edge: The call will not change if a jump is landed on the incorrect edge. However Judges will reflect this in their GOE'. It is considered as weak landing. To quote: 'Weak landing (bad pos./wrong edge/scratching etc)' requires deduction in GOE (-1 to -3) from positives. You can still get overall positive GOE with it.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
If there is change of edge between two jumps, it is still called a combination. To quote - 'Landing on the incorrect edge: The call will not change if a jump is landed on the incorrect edge. However Judges will reflect this in their GOE'. It is considered as weak landing. To quote: 'Weak landing (bad pos./wrong edge/scratching etc)' and it requires deduction in GOE (-1 to -3) from positives. You can still get overall positive GOE with it.
Ok, that clears it up! :thank: Then I take back everything I said above and claim the opposite. :biggrin::biggrin: Nonetheless, I would appreciate if Kami works on her landing edge for aesthetic reasons and to prevent injury.

kirauza343

On the Ice

Kihira training, all the 4S look underrotated.

I start to think that she should just take it out and go for a safe 3A programs that will guarantee her bronze.
Those clips of her sal aren’t super recent. She’s more than capable of rotating it:

Dawn825

Medalist
You can still get overall positive GOE with it.
Well...not really. She could still get +1 for height and distance theoretically. But she could not get the bullet for good landing, or the bullet for effortless throughout which specifies rhythm in jump combinations. So that would leave her at maximum 0 goe if she only lost one point for the edge change.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Well...not really. She could still get +1 for height and distance theoretically. But she could not get the bullet for good landing, or the bullet for effortless throughout which specifies rhythm in jump combinations. So that would leave her at maximum 0 goe if she only lost one point for the edge change.
That's not how it works...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
She could get GOE points for the entry and exit, element matches the music and good body position in the air too. So with height and distance and GOE deduction that makes it +2. But off course its better to jump without it, cause she could easily get +4 in that case.

Last edited: