Ice Dance world title up for grabs in Stockholm | Golden Skate

Ice Dance world title up for grabs in Stockholm

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Review top six contenders

Who else to watch?

The competition features several other interesting teams that are all close to each other in terms of points and ability. Tiffani Zagorski and Jonathan Guerreiro (FSR), Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker (USA), Laurence Fournier-Beaudry and Nikolaj Sorensen (CAN) and Sara Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin (ESP) are among those to watch.

Missing in action

Four-time World Champions Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron of France decided to sit out the World Championships and want to focus on the Olympic season.

Prediction Contest coming soon!

ucrgirl

On the Ice
I miss the top French team, but it is exciting to have a wide open field. My favorite outcome would be a Chock and Bates win this year, but I'm not sure they have had enough preparation time. I'm guessing the winner will be a Russian team. Followed by H/D and maybe Piper and Paul for the bronze.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This might just be H/D's year... though I think you're right, a Russian team is likely to take it. Probably two American and one Russian, or vice versa on the podium. Wouldn't I love Piper and Paul on the podium though!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pulling for Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue to win. Their nationals skates were so powerful and sensual ... which I think is one of their many unique qualities as a team. That's an interesting and tricky combination of qualities to pull off.

I just today read an article quoting them as saying that if Gaby/Guillaume were skating at this worlds, their goal to win worlds would still have been the same. And then Maddie said:

"It seems impossible until it's done, to knock off the reigning world champions."

readernick

Medalist
I think S/K Rhythm Dance is so much better then both Americans. I think they will gain a lead and be able to hold on in the free.

Do you? It is amazing how opinions differ. I find their material quite uninspiring this year and their absence due to COVID hasn't helped his cleanliness or her edges. The SD is better than the FD. The SD is pleasant enough but nothing to write home about. I think the RusFed will push to put them on top of the podium, but I think it is going to be a hard sell with their programs this year and their ,so far, weak execution. Politics is important in ice dance, but I wonder if any countries politics is strong enough to make that FD win. We will see..

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well I think the Canadians will get screwed again. My guess USA will win gold but which team is a toss up betwee H/B and H/D. The russians have had way too mauch issues with injuries and illness and in particular their top team if all things were at the optimal best S/K.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Well I think the Canadians will get screwed again. My guess USA will win gold but which team is a toss up betwee H/B and H/D. The russians have had way too mauch issues with injuries and illness and in particular their top team if all things were at the optimal best S/K.
H/B??? Maybe in my dreams lol.

Realistically, I'm hoping for a Stepbuk gold. If not them, then I'd prefer Chock/Bates.

Also hoping for Wang/Liu to continue improving and getting scores they deserve. They started to gain really good momentum in 19/20 but now with the state of things, you never know. They've said their goal is to get China 2 spots so :pray::pray::pray: for a not-impossible Top 10 finish.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I mean, if Hawayek and Baker became world champions I’d be over the moon but I suspect you mean H/D and Chock and Bates (Who I’m also rooting hard for but I suspect have a far better chance than H/B)

mrrice

Record Breaker
A good start for the US teams. Sitting in 2nd and 3rd positions after the first segment. It would be amazing to see 2 teams on the podium again. Best of luck in the FD