Programs that will be reused in the Olympic season? | Golden Skate

Programs that will be reused in the Olympic season?

lappo

Final Flight
What are the programs from this or the past season that have already been announced for the next Olympic season?
So far I know of Kamila's LP (Bolero) and Rika's 2020/21 programs. Any other?
Also, what are your thoughts about the reused programs? Will they work at the big stage or would you have preferred something new or for the skater to reuse another program?
My two cents: as I already said elsewhere, I really wish that Kamila will reuse her SP "Storm" instead of Bolero, but it seems that this is an already settled matter for them. As for Rika, I read somewhere that she is rethinking her program choice for the Olympics and, if reuse must be, I hope she will go back to her "Beautiful Storm" LP. Battle of the storms, that's it!

Lota

Record Breaker
In general I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan of reused programmes, but I understand that skaters have their circumstances. I really don't mind if a skater uses a programme when they were out with an injury for a while, or, in this case, when there were limited opportunities to perform due to the virus.

As for any skaters in particular, I really really really really hope that Kolyada keeps his "Nureyev" LP. It is absolutely magical and I would love to see it skated absolutely cleanly.

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
My two cents: as I already said elsewhere, I really wish that Kamila will reuse her SP "Storm" instead of Bolero, but it seems that this is an already settled matter for them. As for Rika, I read somewhere that she is rethinking her program choice for the Olympics and, if reuse must be, I hope she will go back to her "Beautiful Storm" LP. Battle of the storms, that's it!
I love this brilliant idea!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I would love for Uno to keep his "Spirits" SP.
And unpopular opinion: I would love for Nathan to bring back his Rocketman LP and skate it full out. The step sequence would be glorious on Olympic ice.:love2::dance3:

As for ice dance: Fear Gibson Vogue needs to stay as the FD for Olympic season, unless they can top it. ;)

Ladies: I want Sakamoto to keep her Matrix LP.

Aglae

On the Ice
That's an interesting thread! I think Yuzuru said he would keep his LP. Shoma is changing both programs, he might transform his new Oboe EX in a SP but it seems rather unlikely.
I think Nathan should keep his LP and change his SP. Same for Mikhail Kolyada. I hope Yuma changes both and gets himself costumes worthy of top Japanese male skaters.
I hope B/K keep their brand new SP with better costumes. Hopefully S/H will show us two new programs. I agree that Satoko should keep her programs, especially her SP, and I'd like new programs for Kaori, Wakaba and a new LP for Rika...

Seven Sisters

Medalist
And unpopular opinion: I would love for Nathan to bring back his Rocketman LP and skate it full out. The step sequence would be glorious on Olympic ice.:love2::dance3:

As for ice dance: Fear Gibson Vogue needs to stay as the FD for Olympic season, unless they can top it. ;)

Regardless of how much I enjoy many of the programs listed above (I absolutely love Shoma’s Great Spirit, for example), I usually feel that two consecutive seasons with any program is enough. I’d especially like to see Fear & Gibson go in a little bit of a different direction for next season.

pearly

Record Breaker

I would actually love it if more skaters would go back to their old programs for the Olympics. Not all skaters and not necessarily both programs, but I really wouldn't mind seeing some of my old favorites again.

I'd like Nathan to bring back La Boheme and Yuzuru Otonal (although I know the latter isn't happening for sure). I'd also love Shoma's Stairway.

Happy Rika is keeping this season's short program and I agree, her Beautiful Storm should come back as well.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As long as one of the correct answers is Bolero, everything else is a bonus.

Last edited:

Idiote

On the Ice
I'll never get tired of Kaori's Matrix, I hope she keeps it forever :3

Kamila's Bolero is fine, I wish they would do something different but I understand the strategy. I keep thinking she would do magnificently with a Camille Claudel themed program. That would be pretty original, the 80s movie soundtrack is beautiful, and she even kinda looks the part (and their names match too !) :D However I might be crucified for it, but I really cannot understand all the hype and praise for her Storm SP :slink: I mean, it's nice, but honestly the music's pretty meh to me ^^''

I love Rika's SP, it does wonder for her and I'm super happy she keeps it. Her long is quite bland and generic in comparison, I wasn't a hardcore fan of Beautiful Storm but I agree that this style suits her a lot more.

I hope Anna changes her programs for next season. She really grew on me during 19/20 with her Perfume and Firebird, these programs had a lot more personality, and it seems I can't enjoy her skating when I feel nothing for the music. I have no specific ideas as to what she could skate to, I feel that she can interpret everything beautifully :)

And also, if Mikhail Kolyada changes his LP imma be very mad è.é

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great Spirit has been a wonderful vehicle for Shoma, but he debuted that as an EX in the summer of 2018 (at ice shows). Even though the 2019-2020 was an abbreviated season, I'm sure he wouldn't want to use it again. Ah, I see it's been mentioned above that he is getting a new SP.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I love Jason's short program but he brings something new and fabulous pretty much every year so I wouldn't want to keep him from that in an Olympic season. I mostly want to see Kolyada skate his Nureyev long program to its fullest potential.

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
I really want Yuzu to keep his 'Heaven & Earth' long program, and i'm pretty sure he said he would. It's a program that deserves more outings as well as a chance to be perfected.

Everything about it is gorgeous. The music is amazing and the choreography is breathtaking (i literally felt like i wasn't breathing at all while watching it at japanese nationals), and i love how quietly powerful it is. It's also incredibly 'yuzu' like, it suits him a lot.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I love Jason's short program but he brings something new and fabulous pretty much every year so I wouldn't want to keep him from that in an Olympic season. I mostly want to see Kolyada skate his Nureyev long program to its fullest potential.

Jason’s already announced he’s keeping Sinnerman as his SP for the Olympic season.
He’s also bringing back a Free Programme and I would bet a good sum of money on it being Schindler’s List.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Regardless of how much I enjoy many of the programs listed above (I absolutely love Shoma’s Great Spirit, for example), I usually feel that two consecutive seasons with any program is enough. I’d especially like to see Fear & Gibson go in a little bit of a different direction for next season.
I usually don't like multi-seasons of programs from skaters. But in these cases I make exceptions. In the case of Nathan's he hasn't done Rocketman as a competitive program since the 19-20 season (it wasn't his LP this season, so it wouldn't be a back to back repeat program).