How to watch the Olympic events | Golden Skate

How to watch the Olympic events

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So assuming there are more people like me who have no Cable (or an operating TV for that matter :laugh:)

maybe we could start a thread with everybody sharing ways to watch these events live online,
Like we do on the ISU Youtube channel

For example, I'm in Europe so probably can't use NBC
And I mostly wanna watch Gymnastics (Is it too much to hope for a feed to the qualifications?)
And the big ceremonies, Possibly also Judo

Is there any streaming service or live feed, Free or weekly\monthly charge that's available?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Eurosport Player/Discovery+ would be your best bet, they probably have the rights in the majority of European countries. The Player is, what, 7 euros for a month?

A lot of national public TV channels probably also acquired a sub-license, like for instance in the Netherlands the public broadcaster will air loads of stuff and provide a daytime program… but only stuff that would be of some interest to the general Dutch sportsviewer (ie sports in which they can score medals). I’m not holding my breath for them to air or even stream the stuff I’m interested in. ;-)

Anyway, the Eurosport Player will probably have just about every stream in existence; you can already see hundreds listed. And yes that includes all the qualifications of gymnastics etc.

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For streaming in the USA, NBC is great. If you have peacock and can authenticate through a provider (I have fubo tv), you get a stream of every event live and complete. And everything is archived and you can rewind and fast forward

Been watching mixed team archery and a bit of the cycling race.

Going to be great to be able to watch the women’s volleyball and water polo matches too.

Hopefully they keep this setup for the winter games too since I probably won’t able to watch the figure skating love due to time differences, so I will have to watch Liza winning her gold medal on delay ;)

luckyu2

On the Ice
For streaming in the USA, NBC is great. If you have peacock and can authenticate through a provider (I have fubo tv), you get a stream of every event live and complete. And everything is archived and you can rewind and fast forward
Are you steaming through Peacock TV app or NBC Sports app? I didn’t see a place to authenticate Fubo TV in Peacock TV app and it looks like I have to have a cable provider to stream through NBC Sports. I’d love to watch some not so popular sports :)

Edited: I found the fuboTV login option in NBC Sports app. Thanks for sharing info.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Funny thing, in the Netherlands Eurosport still exists, ie not migrated to the discovery+ platform… yet?

and to make me get into the mood, as Eurosport subscriber I received a free month discovery+. Y’know, to mentally prepare me for what is to come, I guess. Or to just see if I’m stupid and forget to cancel the month trial within a month and continue to pay monthly fees. ;-)

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you steaming through Peacock TV app or NBC Sports app? I didn’t see a place to authenticate Fubo TV in Peacock TV app and it looks like I have to have a cable provider to stream through NBC Sports. I’d love to watch some not so popular sports :)

Edited: I found the fuboTV login option in NBC Sports app. Thanks for sharing info.
Nbcolympics.com is where I go. I think the nbc sports app will work after you sign in at nbcolympics.com.

JOHIO2

Medalist
I have subscribed to Peacock to be able to watch the Olympics. They have the most unfriendly site I have ever seen. Fortunately, I also use slingtv through my Roku. They made it extremely easy to find and stream the sports I want to actually watch. I managed to figure that out during the podium training streams before the gymnastics actually started competition. With my Roku menu, I can find the right stream in seconds. With Peacock, I have had to slog through multiple sports listings and then I STILL couldn't get the stream, just a "watchlist" link. Um...it is ON NOW, why cant you let me stream? Whoever was responsible for the way their site functions, online and onscreen, should be fired. And this far into the Olympics, they STILL have not fixed that. It is not that hard, folks, even with all those different sports, to make your sites user-friendly. That is what we are paying for! (and, yeah, I DO want to watch both the main coverage and the apparatus feeds at the same time. I am picky that way. TV and computer at the same time.)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have subscribed to Peacock to be able to watch the Olympics. They have the most unfriendly site I have ever seen. Fortunately, I also use slingtv through my Roku. They made it extremely easy to find and stream the sports I want to actually watch. I managed to figure that out during the podium training streams before the gymnastics actually started competition. With my Roku menu, I can find the right stream in seconds. With Peacock, I have had to slog through multiple sports listings and then I STILL couldn't get the stream, just a "watchlist" link. Um...it is ON NOW, why cant you let me stream? Whoever was responsible for the way their site functions, online and onscreen, should be fired. And this far into the Olympics, they STILL have not fixed that. It is not that hard, folks, even with all those different sports, to make your sites user-friendly. That is what we are paying for! (and, yeah, I DO want to watch both the main coverage and the apparatus feeds at the same time. I am picky that way. TV and computer at the same time.)
The NBC sports app, which I have been using even though I have Peacock TV, is extremely easy to use. I go to the NBC sports app and pick replays, then I can choose a sport or scroll through them. I’ve enjoyed making my own Olympics by only picking the sports I want and then watching the International feed and getting to see all competitors instead of the chopped up mess NBC serves up every night.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
The choppy Australian coverage just reminded me of the dogs breakfast that’s coming for the Winter Olympics again! Some great commentary but that’s about it.