2021 JGP Kosice: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Kosice: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The third of seven events of the 2021-22 Junior Grand Prix series will take place in Kosice, Slovakia, from Sep 1-4, 2021. The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of seven international junior invitational events during the fall culminating with the 2021-22 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in December 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Medalist
Entry lists

Men

1 Mikayel SALAZARYAN ARM 1
2 Filip KAIMAKCHIEV BUL 2
3 Corey CIRCELLI CAN 3
4 Georgii RESHTENKO CZE 4
5 Mihhail SELEVKO EST 5
6 Makar SUNTSEV FIN 6
7 Louis WEISSERT GER 7
8 Mozes Jozsef BEREI HUN 8
9 Dillon JUDGE IRL 9
10 Emanuele INDELICATO ITA 10
11 Nikolaj MEMOLA ITA 10
12 Oleg MELNIKOV KAZ 11
13 Douglas GERBER NZL 12
14 Younghyun CHA KOR 13
15 Seldin SALIU MKD 14
16 Aleksandr GOLUBEV RUS 15
17 Ilya YABLOKOV RUS 15
18 Jakub GALBAVY SVK 16
19 Adam HAGARA SVK 16
20 Marko PILIAR SVK 16
21 Oliver PRAETORIUS SWE 17
22 Naoki ROSSI SUI 18
23 Kyrylo LISHENKO UKR 19
24 William ANNIS USA 20

Ladies

1 Elen GHAZARYAN ARM
2 Zara HUSEDZINOVIC BIH
3 Maria LEVUSHKINA BUL
4 Justine MICLETTE CAN
5 Thea REICHMACHEROVA CZE
6 Anna-Flora Colmor JEPSEN DEN
7 Olivia LISKO FIN
8 Lorine SCHILD FRA
9 Hannah DEMPFLE GER
10 Regina SCHERMANN HUN
11 Sophia TKACHEVA IRL
12 Lara Naki GUTMANN ITA
13 Mariya GRECHANAYA KAZ
14 Julia VAN DIJK NED
15 Ella SMITH NZL
16 Linnea Sophie Kolstad KILSAND NOR
17 Matylda PASZYNSKA POL
18 Laura SZCZESNA POL
19 Seoyeon JI KOR
20 Chaeyeon KIM KOR
21 Adeliia PETROSIAN RUS
22 Veronika ZHILINA RUS
23 Danica DJORDJEVIC SRB
24 Marina Angela ALEXY SVK
25 Hana CERMAKOVA SVK
26 Ema DOBOSZOVA SVK
27 Josefin BROVALL SWE
28 Kimmy REPOND SUI
29 Anastasiia SHABOTOVA UKR
30 Mia KALIN USA
31 Lindsay THORNGREN USA

Pairs

1 Meghan FREDETTE / William ST-LOUIS CAN 1
2 Barbora KUCIANOVA / Lukas VOCHOZKA CZE 2
3 Oxana VOUILLAMOZ / Flavien GINIAUX FRA 3
4 Karina SAFINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO 4
5 Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER GER 5
6 Alyssa MONTAN / Filippo CLERICI ITA 6
7 Federica SIMIOLI / Alessandro ZARBO ITA 6
8 Kseniia AKHANTEVA / Valerii KOLESOV RUS 7
9 Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Aleksei BRIUKHANOV RUS 7
10 Anastasia MUKHORTOVA / Dmitry EVGENYEV RUS 7
11 Margareta MUSKOVA / Oliver KUBACAK SVK 8
12 Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA UKR 9

Ice Dance

1 Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL CAN
2 Chloe NGUYEN / Alec ROUECHE CAN
3 Angelina KUDRYAVTSEVA / Ilia KARANKEVICH CYP
4 Denisa CIMLOVA / Vilem HLAVSA CZE
5 Daniela IVANITSKIY / David GOLDSHTEYN FIN
6 Lila-Maya SECLET MONCHOT / Martin CHARDAIN FRA
7 Yulia LEBEDEVA-BITADZE / Dmitri PARKHOMENKO GEO
8 Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikita REMESHEVSKIY GER
9 Sophia BUSHELL / Alex LAPSKY GBR
10 Petra CSIKOS / Patrik CSIKOS HUN
11 Nicole CALDERARI / Marco CILLI ITA
12 Vasilisa KAGANOVSKAIA / Valeriy ANGELOPOL RUS
13 Sofya TYUTYUNINA / Alexander SHUSTITSKIY RUS
14 Anna SIMOVA / Kirill AKSENOV SVK
15 Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV UKR
16 Isabella FLORES / Dimitry TSAREVSKI USA

Andrea82

Medalist
Only one US man (so far) :( But go Will!:clap:

No US pairs either.
How many junior pairs are there in USFSA International Selection Pool? Less than 7?
Only 4 JGPs have pair event next season. With USA entitled of 2 spots in each, they can still fit 3 pairs with 2 events using the 3 remaining GPs.

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No US pairs either.
How many junior pairs are there in USFSA International Selection Pool? Less than 7?
Only 4 JGP have pair event next season. With USA entitled of 2 spots in each, they can still fit 3 pairs with 2 events using the 3 remaining GPs.
The US is entitled to 3 entries in pairs at each event.

Andrea82

Medalist
The US is entitled to 3 entries in pairs at each event.
Ah, yes. I totally forgot it is 3 entries for countries in "pool a" for Pair.
Even more so, I guess US skipped pairs here because they have enough spots in the other 3 events with pairs to fit all their junior pairs.

Country
Norway
I´m happy to finally see Norway present again :jump:I was a bit worried because I just realized that the junior skaters probably aren´t vaccinated because of age, so they have to rely on countries being listed as green to be able to go without quarantine when returning. I believe France was out of question because they are listed as red now. Slovakia is green, so that is good news. All though I believe originally Norway had spots at 2 circuits, so it looks like on of them is being unused. Unless they would go to Russia, I doubt that.

Travel restrictions will still be a thing for a while, they havn´t really decided if children under age of 17/16 years old should get the vaccine yet, but we will see. It would be really helpful if the junior skaters would get a shot, if they are going to get experience competing it is really important for them to go abroad and compete against other countries.

Country
Norway
Never mind, I thought Russia was the last , I see now there will JGP in Austria, Slovenia and Poland as well afterwards. All of them green countries at this point, so no worries.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh... My... Goodness!!! :jaw:

This competition is overflowing with my kids!!! :cheer:

DILLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finally going to see my fellow Ulsterman in action!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

And, although I haven't adopted her, it's good to see that Sophia Tkacheva will also be in action.

Ah, good! Anna-Flora is now doing Juniors. That means I will FINALLY be able to upload the Fan Fest that I made for her 2 ⅓ years ago!

You see, I was doing threads for Leonora and Linus. And since all three of the Colmer Jepsens were coming up in all my search results, it was easier to just adopt the whole family right from the start. But, I didn't know what age Anna-Flora was. So, she couldn't be published at the same time as her older siblings.

Wait until you see Anna-Flora. I swear, you'll think you've gone back 10 years in a time machine. She is a carbon copy of what Leonora looked liked when she was that age! 😲

And we also have Angelina and Ilia, who should be right in the mix for the top positions in Ice Dance.

Oh, I am so excited for this competition!!! It's just a pity that it is a month away.

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Russia got more spots due to the inability to participate in France.
Men: Vladislav Dikidzhi, Aleksandr Golubev, Kirill Sarnovskiy, Ilya Yablokov
Women: Sofia Muravieva, Adeliia Petrosian, Mariia Zakharova, Veronika Zhilina
Pairs: Akhanteva/Kolesov, Kostiukovich/Briukhanov, Mukhortova/Evgenyev
Ice Dance: Kaganovskaia/Angelopol, Mamchenkova/Volkov, Svistunova/Studenikin, Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia should not be given extra entries because they refused quarantine in France. It was their choice to not participate in the first two events, so they should not be rewarded.

It is not fair to the other federations who chose to follow the French rules and now face packed Russian fields in SVK.

Shame on the ISU for allowing this travesty.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Russia should not be given extra entries because they refused quarantine in France. It was their choice to not participate in the first two events, so they should not be rewarded.

It is not fair to the other federations who chose to follow the French rules and now face packed Russian fields in SVK.

Shame on the ISU for allowing this travesty.

BS. You have no idea what the quarantine would cost, and what toll it takes on skaters to abstain from trainings, but my, are you fast to condemn. Shame on you.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The other skaters at the French events presumably WILL do the quarantine, if required, with all the costs and tribulations.

The Russians should have just done what the Japanese did---stated up front they would not be attending the early events. But I doubt the Japanese will be given extra spots at the last 4 events to make up for the missed opportunities at the first 3.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The other skaters at the French events presumably WILL do the quarantine, if required, with all the costs and tribulations.

The Russians should have just done what the Japanese did---stated up front they would not be attending the early events. But I doubt the Japanese will be given extra spots at the last 4 events to make up for the missed opportunities at the first 3.
Russian skaters must do the quarantine, because France has put Russia on the "red list". Most other skaters don't need it.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The difference is I'm pretty sure this change is new and Russia didn't know they were going to be put on the list.

Now the list is out and Russia is the only major skating country on the red list. Japan is on the green list so they have the option to go with no quarantine requirements. If they choose not to attend that's not Russia's fault.