2021 JGP France - General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP France - General Info

removof

On the Ice
Why russia refuse quarantaine and why the athletes should to follow the same situation that common travelers ?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Why russia refuse quarantaine and why the athletes should to follow the same situation that common travelers ?
As I've replied in the RLT, you can't succesfully compete just after 10 days of quarantine spent in a small hotel room. And it could be even quite dangerous.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is even worse with Russia withdrawing from the first two events is that the Russian federation has packed the SVK event with two entries added in MEN, WOMEN and ICE DANCE.

This is totally unfair to all the entries from other countries.

If Russia refused the events in France, then they should not be given extra entries in any other event.

That is unprecedented and should not be allowed.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
What is even worse with Russia withdrawing from the first two events is that the Russian federation has packed the SVK event with two entries added in MEN, WOMEN and ICE DANCE.

This is totally unfair to all the entries from other countries.

If Russia refused the events in France, then they should not be given extra entries in any other event.

That is unprecedented and should not be allowed.
It's not the skaters' fault Sputnik isn't recognised in France... The entries from other countries do not face the same quarantine requirements as them.

Until the non-Western vaccines (and even Western ones like AZ or Janssen) gain more international recognition for travel, skaters who got these types of shots are in a bind. You can't blame them for taking the most available local vaccine in a situation when there is a global shortage. And even if they later had the option to re-vaccinate with Pfizer for travel purposes, AFAIK data is lacking on whether this is advisable or safe for someone who already had a Sputnik/Sinovac etc. vaccine.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As I've replied in the RLT, you can't succesfully compete just after 10 days in quarantine in a small hotel room. And can be even quite dangerous.
Also...did France miss the memo? The incubation period is up to 14 days. Reminds me of how England had a 5 day quarantine at some point. Honestly, if you're going to have a quarantine, do it properly!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I just wish this was figured out sooner. I don't think these are new requirements in France (please correct me if I'm wrong)? It has to be a little extra heartbreaking for the athletes that this came out so close to the competition.

I'll still be watching - there are skaters that I'm looking forward to seeing! - but I'll miss the Russian athletes for sure.

cabres

On the Ice
From now both JGP events in France can be completely ignored. :mad:
I'm sorry for the Russian skaters who have prepared for the competitions in France. I especially wanted to follow the promising Mark Kondratiuk.

But competitions are no longer interesting without Russian skaters and should be ignored ?? Do you ignore the performance and work of others?
You should then watch only the Russian domestic competitions.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm sorry for the Russian skaters who have prepared for the competitions in France. I especially wanted to follow the promising Mark Kondratiuk.

But competitions are no longer interesting without Russian skaters and should be ignored ?? Do you ignore the performance and work of others?
You should then watch only the Russian domestic competitions.
That's not what I'm saying. First, it's not only about the russian skaters, even though their absence will be the most visible. The Japanese will be missing as well (though by their own decision), Chinese and probably some from other countries.

Second, I've gladly watched competitions without the russian presence, like the last season's Nebelhorn, Budapest Trophy or the local GP events.

Third, it is different for instance to watch Europeans/4CC wheren the participation is limited to a region(s) or there is another reason why the starting field is limited like the examples above. But here the level of the competition is completely different now than it is intended to be and should be. Even if some remarkable skating can be expected, it won't be the full, like a cream cake without a cake, Lady with an Enmine without an Enmine, Nabucco without the chorus of the hebrew slaves. Just the overall worth will be downgraded. You are prepared to consumate particular thing in it's full beauty and they take it from you.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i understand Russia has the most promising young athlete, but ignoring the whole event is just disrespectuful to the effort and hard work everybody else is putting to be there, that said i love this sport regardless the nationality of the skaters i'll be watching. that said i think France messed up an already messed up situation and it's unfair to those who have to go to an extremely packed event

Azikin

Medalist
You are prepared to consumate particular thing in it's full beauty and they take it from you.
Yeah, something like that. It's not about being disrespectful to any efforts. I'm quite sure that skaters are also not happy they won't be able to compete against japanese or russian skaters and podium just won't have the same value. Just like on those Olympic games from Cold war times that were boycotted by many countries...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
i understand Russia has the most promising young athlete, but ignoring the whole event is just disrespectuful to the effort and hard work everybody else is putting to be there, that said i love this sport regardless the nationality of the skaters i'll be watching. that said i think France messed up an already messed up situation and it's unfair to those who have to go to an extremely packed event
That's why I'm not watching "just the best two groups" at worlds or just the best skaters at events like JGP, I watch it full or as much as possible and enjoy it. I'm not disrespectful to the lower level athletes. But I can't imagine I would watch this without constant thinking about "how different the feeling would be if the starting field was as it originally should have been".

Alex D

Record Breaker
When you are forced to quarantine, you can not just go to the gym or ice venue for practice. You must stay in your room all day, maybe a limited time outside but still isolated, is all you get.
It is also a very expensive task and requires some time in advance to organize everything properly.

You can't just show up and say here I am, give me a room and 14 days later you skate in a competition. šŸ™ƒ

I agree tho that every skater deserves to be watched and supported.

Country
Russia
ISU JGP Courchevel 2021
Junior Men in order of Personal Best.
* means non-ISU best, only if no ISU best.

No. Name Nation Score
1 Ilia MALININ USA 203.47
2 Corey CIRCELLI CAN 172.72
3 Lucas BROUSSARD USA 165.09*
4 Francois PITOT FRA 154.04
5 Fang-Yi LIN TPE 152.73
6 Vadym NOVIKOV UKR 145.31*
7 Ian VAUCLIN FRA 141.52*
8 Jonathan EGYPTSON SWE 122.13*
9 Heung Lai ZHAO HKG 121.93
10 Joseph Alexander ZAKIPOUR GBR 114.40
11 Makar SUNTSEV FIN 114.16