COC cancelled - Italy will host | Page 6 | Golden Skate

COC cancelled - Italy will host

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I would love to see CoC in Italy. I'm so happy that there's a bid out, and that it's a mid-sized federation who can use this to promote skating. Plus, if it goes through, Daniel Grassl can compete on home territory.
i don't think he can, he already has two assignments and as far as i know it doesn't work like JGP, you can't move entries around, but it would be a good news for Gabriele Frangipani who would get his second spot, or for our ladies, pairs and dance teams

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I hope so. Now I'm sad that I came close to seeing Deniss Vasiljevs live. Plus I had favorites in all disciplines.
Yeah, my wallet is grateful (and I’m really happy for Italy and the Italian skaters) but wow, can’t believe we were this close to having Papadakis/Cizeron competing in the USA again.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Following the cancellation of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Cup of China, the International Skating Union is pleased to announce that the third event of the Series will be hosted on November 4-7, 2021 in Torino (ITA).

The Chinese Figure Skating Association informed the International Skating Union (ISU) of the cancellation of the third ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event – Cup of China, scheduled to take place from November 4-7, 2021, in Chongqing (CHN). It was no longer viable to hold the event and the Chinese Figure Skating Association regretfully made the decision to cancel the event.

Following the decision, the ISU invited ISU Members interested in hosting the event at the given dates to apply. Three members submitted full applications; Debrecen (HUN), Norwood MA (USA) and Torino (ITA). The Council decided to award the Federazione Italiana Sport de Ghiaccio with the third ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating competition that will be held in Torino (ITA) on November 4 – 7, 2021.

The ISU regrets that the hosting of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Cup of China in Chongqing (CHN) is no longer viable but is pleased that an alternative solution could be found to give Skaters the opportunity to compete. The ISU thanks the Chinese Figure Skating Association and the Federazione Italiana Sport de Ghiaccio for their continued effort and support.