2021 Lombardia Trophy: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia Trophy: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Lombardia Trophy is the first in a series of nine events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Bergamo, Italy, September 10-12, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

Last edited:

Orchidea

On the Ice
The 2021 Lombardia Trophy is the first in a series of ten events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Bergamo, Italy, September 10-12, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.
wow wow wow...entries are out and list is very long :love:

Andrea82

Medalist
Entries

S=Substitute

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Happy for the skaters who have a chance to compete there. It's important for them in the OG season.
OTOH, I'm gutted for Japan, China and Korea. No Russians at Lombardia, either, but at least they can hold their Russian Cup stages which are highly competitive on their own.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Wow! So many interesting names. I'm going with Grassl winning mens, followed by Kvitelashvili, Alysa Liu the ladies with Kiibus second, G/F from Italy the ice dance.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy for the skaters who have a chance to compete there. It's important for them in the OG season.
OTOH, I'm gutted for Japan, China and Korea. No Russians at Lombardia, either, but at least they can hold their Russian Cup stages which are highly competitive on their own.
Was there an official communication from Japan stating that skaters couldn't participate in CS events or was that for last year?

I'm particularly confused as to why the skaters from Stephane's group aren't here.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Was there an official communication from Japan stating that skaters couldn't participate in CS events or was that for last year?

I'm particularly confused as to why the skaters from Stephane's group aren't here.

That was last year. No statement has been made this year so far. They still have Challengers (except for Nebelhorn, Finlandia and the now-cancelled Nepela) listed in their calendar, and Japanese juniors were supposed to be absent from the first 3 JGP stages only.
But now we see that the 4th JGP stage is also without Japanese juniors, and there are no JPN skaters at Lombardia. Really sad, I hoped at least the seniors would get a chance to present their programs to the judges before skating them on the GP. What score the local judges in Japan give them does not tell much. Not to mention ranking points may be important for skaters to get into better groups on GP. I know there's SoE in Japan, but this is the OG season. If judges don't like JPN skaters' programs, they need to find out now instead of at GP. -_-

Country
Norway
Roman Galay, Emmi Peltonen and Laura Karhunen has all WD from Lombardia Trophy. Anyone know why? Thought perhaps it may be the skating federation taking the decision, but apparently the Finnish Ice dancers are still on the entries list.

Andrea82

Medalist
According to the organizing club (IceLab)'s Facebook page, the entries for the Pair competition (which is not part of the Challenger Series but it is held on the same days) are

BARQUERO Laura / ZANDRON Marco
🇪🇦

BRODA Dorota / BETEGON MARTIN Pedro
🇪🇦

HAMON Cleo / STREKALIN Denys
🇫🇷

KERIVEN Coline / PIERRE Noel-Antoine
🇫🇷

KOVALEV Camille / KOVALEV Pavel
🇫🇷

CONTI Sara / MACII Niccolo
🇮🇹

DELLA MONICA Nicole / GUARISE Matteo
🇮🇹

GHILARDI Rebecca / AMBROSINI Filippo
🇮🇹

DANILOVA Daria / TSIBA Michel
🇳🇱

N.P.

Spectator
Is their any news about an official schedule of events anywhere? All I can't ind online is a general schedule, of start and end dates, but no times for specific disciplines/events, etc.