2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Pairs Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Even their masks are yellow! Or golf rather ;)

Oh, don't you start now with the weird names for colours. :drama: That's elektra's department.

Australians on the ice!

Looking forward to seeing them. :biggrin:

I'm always fascinated to find out more about Aussies that have Greek names. To find out where their ancestry lies - in Greece itself or in Cyprus. Because I know you do have a large Cypriot population. (Hey, one of the Cypriot skaters I have adopted has a mother that is from Adelaide!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Absolutely loved that from the Aussies!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

And what was that I was saying about red and black going well together? :biggrin:

Oh, I hope these two go on and build on the success that Katia and Harley had.

It is nice to see Australia doing well.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since there have been so many Russians in this competition, I decided to look up where all of them are from.

Natalia KHABIBULLINA (last to go in Group 1, in 2nd) is from Izhevsk, Udmurtia. So, same republic as Tuktamysheva, and same city as Zagitova.

But, the last 2 guys we saw are interesting. They are both from places I had never heard of before.

Evgenii MALIKOV (last to go, in 3rd) is from Vologda, which is designated as a historic city. And looking at photos, I can see why. It is beautiful. :love:

Matvei IANCHENKOV (penultimate to go, in 1st) is from Lesnoi. And this is interesting, because Lesnoi is a closed town whose existance was kept secret for over 40 years. 😲

The things you find out through watching figure skating!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Googlebox Australia!

It's so addictive to watch :)

Have to admit, I've never watched a full episode of the British version. But, I can understand why it is popular. It shows real people doing the things that we all do - watching TV and commenting on it!

Hey, we could make our own version, where we film ourselves watching figure skating.

That would be box office viewing! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
An enjoyable Pairs short programme. It’s all to play for in the free, with just over 2 points covering the Top 4. On our 2nd competition and we have seen 7 strong Russian Pairs.

I wasn’t familiar with C/I but they are in a deserved lead. I really like their skating strong, fast and smooth. I was very impressed with the Aussies, they really captured the mood of the music. Nice to see Uzbekistan represented even if they were a bit behind the rest.