2021 International Classic: Women's Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 International Classic: Women's Free Skate

icybear

Medalist
Got burned in the PCS, but rather fairly I think. There was a lot less performance here than at Russian Test Skates and she's never been the strongest in terms of SS
Seriously? 64pcs is hella generous considering the number of mistakes she had in the program. There is pretty much no choreography, interpretation is minimal, and its not like there are loads of difficult transitions. The music does most of the work for her in conveying the theme of the program. I would put it at a 60-62pcs

readernick

Medalist
I really like Sasha's SP this year. She showed artistic growth in her SP last year, too. However, this SP is more in her comfort zone. The LP is a jump drill, but it isn't a bad jump drill when everything is landed. Today, wasn't her best but I hope she blows it out of the water later in the season. I like her dorky personality. So even though her skating isn't always to my taste, I want her to be rewarded for her hardwork.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Park was spectacular! So close to beating Trusova with her wonderful clean program. iChat will be so happy. I think she is my favourite Korean lady. I’m so sad she isn’t on the Senior GP Circuit. After this performance, I hope she goes to a challenger event and delivers what she delivered at this event. A top 24 Season best score will out her in the circuit the following year.

Trusova, that is the danger of too many quads. I’m shocked that her 4S was the most solid, she won by gritting it out with her 4Lz’s towards the second half. Barely landed. But, she fought. Good not to peak to early in the season though. But, for her Grand Prix events, I would really focus on less quads so she can make it to the Finals.

Overall, an amazing event! Ice is slippery and that is what makes figure skating exciting.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was a quick turn around from test skates just last week. After such a high, there's bound to be a bit of a letdown. I wouldn't count Sasha out yet.
Certainly not counting her out.

But she still, for me, needs to prove that she is a big game player soon.

NaVi

Medalist
Would be interesting to know why Trusova did this event. It was 6 days from the LP today and the test skate LP. I have to assume Eteri's daughter was competing here and she asked if anyone wanted to compete. Or perhaps the Skating Club of Boston(which seems ambitious) as the host wanted a big name.

I didn't watch the FS(I tend to only watch after the fact if the result is positive), but I watched some of the videos of her practices. It's probably nothing, but it would be interesting to compare how she practices with the top men. To my eye, Trusova practices many of her jumps with entrance speeds often quite slower than in competition.

P44

On the Ice
Would be interesting to know why Trusova did this event. It was 6 days from the LP today and the test skate LP. I have to assume Eteri's daughter was competing here and she asked if anyone wanted to compete. Or perhaps the Skating Club of Boston(which seems ambitious) as the host wanted a big name.

I didn't watch the FS(I tend to only watch after the fact if the result is positive), but I watched some of the videos of her practices. It's probably nothing, but it would be interesting to compare how she practices with the top men. To my eye, Trusova practices many of her jumps with entrance speeds often quite slower than in competition.
Wasn't this competition part of the challenger serie a few weeks ago ?

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
At least in will keep her grounded.

And all this talk of her being the lock gold medalist will die down too.
very true, it's good for her to stay grounded and don't let it go to her head this early in the game.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States

My guess is she was already slated to come before she landed the 5 quads, and Boston was just lucky....very lucky to have her. And yes, it probably had something to do with Diana as well.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The US Classic is not a Challenger this year, the Autumn Classic was.

Canada and US switch off every other year for the Challenger status, IIRC.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I really like Sasha's SP this year. She showed artistic growth in her SP last year, too. However, this SP is more in her comfort zone. The LP is a jump drill, but it isn't a bad jump drill when everything is landed. Today, wasn't her best but I hope she blows it out of the water later in the season. I like her dorky personality. So even though her skating isn't always to my taste, I want her to be rewarded for her hardwork.
Her personality is my reason for liking Trusova over the rest of the Russian girls. I just love her quirkiness and authenticity.