2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Short Program | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Short Program

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Loena is nice skater. I always hope that she will reach such a level that she will be able to challenge for places on the podium of the European Championship. But all the time there are some difficulties.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Looked the scores and this must another dimension. Tuktamysheva getting basically the same PCS than Kostornaya. I will watch those videos with big attention.
All the attention in the world will prove useless...

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
perhaps because i have been mentioning this for years that jump content should not affect skating skills and just gave up? Yup.. it's not good... Liza doesn't have the best skating skills in this field for sure.
Not talking about you, just poking a stick at one die hard Mishin Stan :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sadly, that's how PCS scoring works. I'm also not a fan of it. :shrug:
I get it that your strategy is "the best defense is a strong offense", but I felt you omitted some important facts in your post about the PCS capping limits and already people are getting confused here. Kami's scores would be within the limits anyway, so no issue there.
Hey, that's my line from this post, should I demand a copyright? :biggrin:

The thing is you on one side condemn it by arguing about Kamila's score being too high because of the status of an "olympic medal contender", on the other hand you demand it being lower based on the same "logic", purely because her status of a fresh senior should be lower than that. But that's not possible, those are two conflicting attitudes. Either the scoring is based purely on rules and skate, then let¨s talk about technical issues and analyze where the scores should be higher/lower, no matter on what event it is, or it should be based on status. But then, what status should be the right one? There completely other than quality criteria decide, and that's what I really see witht hose who complain now, esp. when compared how they overprize other wobbly skated performances or performances with uncalled serious mistakes.

Last edited: