2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Free Skate | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Free Skate

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Isn't that the FS program that her coach last year publicly trashed and said she didn't like it? The internet would have loved that, and given that she's not a 100% right now and programs look a little 'meh' there would have been a 'their punishing/sabotaging her' firestorm.
Nope. It's the program she replaced by twilight.

Amei

Record Breaker
And the spiral..does anyone currently skating have one like that?

Not really, I think there are more than a few skaters that could have equally or more beautiful spirals, but spirals aren't a required element and an extended spiral isn't going to grab points so there's not a lot of focus on it. Is it enjoyable - yes (IF done right), but a beautiful spiral is not going to win a medal.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I guess it was too much to hope that style, maturity and very high technical ability would triumph over a skinny girl who's been programmed to milk as many points as possible. :cautious:
Where on earth should she get more points??

Her PCS are HIGH here. And as for technical ability how can you say that positively for Liza and negatively for Kamila? Bit of a double standard...

As for the skinny comment...I don't even feel like justifying that with comment. What on earth does anyone's body have to do with anything??

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Able to comment again :)
Kamiii! With a clean 3A that would be among the top scores even among men :)
Aliona - nervous start, removing 3A from the SP was a right decision. But then she did well and it was better than anything she delivered during the last season. If she won't lose the way, she can return back to the top within next several skates.
Liza - solid technically, just the PCS she received is too much for me for this particular skate. But kudos to her, she clearly doesn't want to let her chance slip through her fingers.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I hope Alyona will perceive what happened as a motivating sobering slap in the face - that she lost FS to the Loena, both by technical assessment and by PCS! (I really ike the Loena, but in the normal course of events, Alyona should not lose to her)

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also think the talk about how the rest of the world has caught the Russians will die done a bit. The gap may be increasing if anything.

icybear

Medalist
Judges would like you to know Elizaveta has better transitions than Kamila. :biggrin: Isnt Elizaveta kinda renowned for not having transitions and telegraphing her jumps. Well at least they didnt go as far as to say Elizaveta has better SS than Kamila. I mean they're night and day difference.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You are very much correct, moonvine, in that this has been her pattern HER ENTIRE CAREER. The only way she makes the Olympic team now for me is if she blows Alysa et al out of the water and wins USN. Not gonna happen. I find joy in other places, moonie. I hope you can too. 😆
Yes for you…but neither of us is in charge of picking them. I wouldn’t leave Karen off my Olympic team as she’s the reason we have 3 spots. Unfortunately for Karen my opinion means 0 as to who gets on the real team. Only 5 months to go, I can do this!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not really, I think there are more than a few skaters that could have equally or more beautiful spirals, but spirals aren't a required element and an extended spiral isn't going to grab points so there's not a lot of focus on it. Is it enjoyable - yes (IF done right), but a beautiful spiral is not going to win a medal.
And that’s not a good thing.