US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada | Page 3 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m driving back from the GOAT tour. Sent you a pic Seven Sisters. I must learn to tag people

auser

Record Breaker
I finally just signed up for Peacock Premium lol. Watched the Sr. Pairs. I agree about Plazas/Fernandez. While not clean I really enjoyed them - really lovely elements and expression!

This Stars on Ice uber fan recognized that Katie McBeath was wearing Jenni Meno's beautiful skating dress from the Both Sides Now trio number she did with Kristi Yamaguchi and Denis Petrov back in 2001 (20 years ago - can it be that long ago?! Gosh I'm getting old) Anyway, it looked great on Katie!
What sharp eyes and great recall you have. Impressive.:)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is my man Mitchell Friess, lover of turtles and fractals coming along?

auser

Record Breaker
Aww... Eric shaking his head at the end of his skate. Well I enjoyed it. There is a lovely kind of soft quality in his skating.

auser

Record Breaker
Aww...Mitchell had a freak fall. But otherwise a nice skate with a score of 57.36. Fifth place with one to go.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aww...Mitchell had a freak fall. But otherwise a nice skate with a score of 57.36. Fifth place with one to go.
Bleh judges..that’s not high enough for minimum TES is it?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The senior pairs sp was interesting:

Nice performances by most of the teams. I'm sure Sasha/Danny were upset by the miscues (Sasha singled sbs triple, and the death spiral was rough -- Sasha had problems on the entry and an incomplete dismount -- it was shaky throughout). I guess they got zero points for the ds, and probably nothing or not much for a singled sbs jump, which is the jump of record, despite Danny completing his triple. Jumps are supposed to be one of their strengths as a team, so I wonder whether Sasha is dealing with injuries or nagging aches, or maybe it was just nerves. Hopefully, they will pull up in the fp.

The top three teams looked very good generally, with obviously continued work and improvements needed in some areas. Pairs is not easy. I think Sasha/Danny could possibly have placed third or fourth had they aced their program. For sure, they are at least competitive with Finster/Silecky and Plazas/Fernandez.

Mokhova/Mokhov need to get a new sp. It seems like they have used this sp for at least 3 seasons. I guess they really like it or something. Ian Meyh looks good with his new partner. I would have liked to see how well he might have fared with Nica Digerness, but their partnership barely got off the ground with waiting for Nica's rehab from injury, and then they were training together for awhile, but perhaps weren't ready to compete during the pandemic season. And then they split without ever competing together.

I wonder whether Nica and her new partner, Mark Sadusky, might compete in Norwood in November? it's the only other venue for pairs qualifying competition.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Does this mean Mariah is not skating in the free skate portion?
I think so. She may not feel the need to put the old free out in front of the judges. I do not know if she would have bumped someone out of their slot for nats if she would have skated....maybe not if she has a buy anyway. Oh those kids....
a kids.JPG

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The senior pairs sp was interesting:

Nice performances by most of the teams. I'm sure Sasha/Danny were upset by the miscues (Sasha singled sbs triple, and the death spiral was rough -- Sasha had problems on the entry and an incomplete dismount -- it was shaky throughout). I guess they got zero points for the ds, and probably nothing or not much for a singled sbs jump, which is the jump of record, despite Danny completing his triple. Jumps are supposed to be one of their strengths as a team, so I wonder whether Sasha is dealing with injuries or nagging aches, or maybe it was just nerves. Hopefully, they will pull up in the fp.

The top three teams looked very good generally, with obviously continued work and improvements needed in some areas. Pairs is not easy. I think Sasha/Danny could possibly have placed third or fourth had they aced their program. For sure, they are at least competitive with Finster/Silecky and Plazas/Fernandez.

Mokhova/Mokhov need to get a new sp. It seems like they have used this sp for at least 3 seasons. I guess they really like it or something. Ian Meyh looks good with his new partner. I would have liked to see how well he might have fared with Nica Digerness, but their partnership barely got off the ground with waiting for Nica's rehab from injury, and then they were training together for awhile, but perhaps weren't ready to compete during the pandemic season. And then they split without ever competing together.

I wonder whether Nica and her new partner, Mark Sadusky, might compete in Norwood in November? it's the only other venue for pairs qualifying competition.
What is up with the terrible camera work? I can’t even see one person half the time. Was especially interested in Sasha/Danny, but I can only see the top half of one person and sometimes not even that. Sometimes I see a leg and that’s it. And I’m paying for this.