US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada | Page 6 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m guessing that we have a new camera operator? Because the camerawork for this skater is really excellent—I feel like I am skating along beside him
I hope they fired the one who only showed a random arm or leg of each pair. That was awful.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love all skaters but does no one ever want to skate to anything different except my man Jimmy Ma? And ages ago Stephanie Rosenthal?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
love all skaters but does no one ever want to skate to anything different except my man Jimmy Ma? And ages ago Stephanie Rosenthal?

Oh, I am certain there are many skaters who have chosen "originals".

Dai Takahashi's Hip Hop Swan Lake in 2008. I don't remember anyone skating to "Juke" before or after Jason did in 2015.

That could be a thread(y)

But without sappy ballads or movie music, the men here would have been skating in silence, it's true.
:biggrin:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, I am certain there are many skaters who have chosen "originals".

Dai Takahashi's Hip Hop Swan Lake in 2008. I don't remember anyone skating to "Juke" before or after Jason did in 2015.

That could be a thread(y)

But without sappy ballads or movie music, the men here would have been skating in silence, it's true.
:biggrin:
I
It could be a thread. I just literally cannot imagine being a skater and thinking “yes, I could bring something new to Carmen.” We can do words with songs now guys (but for the love of God not “The Greatest Show.”). Big applause for Katie!

jcmerman

Rinkside
I am completely, 100 percent sold on Eric Sjoberg! I love his ethereal skating. So strong and confident and yet an angelic style to it. Love the long limbs. Hope he's around for a while. Would love to watch him grow as an athlete.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I love all skaters but does no one ever want to skate to anything different except my man Jimmy Ma? And ages ago Stephanie Rosenthal?
Such an interesting topic of discussion. We all want to hear something other than the same old same old, and I’m sure the skaters are as sick of these boring old tried and true choices as we are. But the problem is, when you choose something different, it can so easily turn out to be just awful. It seems hard to get the balance of new/exciting and skateable/listenable exactly right.

One recent example of a very different, previously-unheard music choice that I thought worked beautifully: Kolyada’s White Crow program.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Such an interesting topic of discussion. We all want to hear something other than the same old same old, and I’m sure the skaters are as sick of these boring old tried and true choices as we are. But the problem is, when you choose something different, it can so easily turn out to be just awful. It seems hard to get the balance of new/exciting and skateable/listenable exactly right.

One recent example of a very different, previously-unheard music choice that I thought worked beautifully: Kolyada’s White Crow program.
I love Danny and Chelsea’s short to Taylor Swift. And no not a horrible cover from this young woman Lisa right now. 🥲

I accept Jimmy Ma’s short because at least he is playing the spirit of a dying evil swan. Did you know he’s a classically trained pianist?