US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada | Page 7 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For those who liked Eric’s skate he’s the current US Junior mens silver medalist.

You mean that Eric Sjoberg was the 2020 U.S. silver medalist in Junior Men.

Joe Klein is the 2021/reigning U.S. silver medalist in Junior Men.

I like both of them a lot. :)

Sebastian. I really like this program for him. Good skate. :)

I love Sebastian's skating, and I am so happy that he continues to compete.
He has a full-time career completely unrelated to skating. Architecture with a specialty in lighting design, or something like that.

Jordan. Rough skate for him. But this program is great for him and I'm sure his next competition will be great. :pray:

Ohhh, I love Jordan too, and I hope that he will make it back to Nationals.
Along with Sebastian. And Mitchell. And Liam (as a senior for the first time) and ...
(It will be no problem for Eric, I trust.)

[ Jordan and Alain did not meet the FS tech minimum for Nats, which is 50.0. :( ]

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You mean that Eric Sjoberg was the 2020 U.S. silver medalist in Junior Men.

Joe Klein is the 2021/reigning U.S. silver medalist in Junior Men.

I like both of them a lot. :)

I love Sebastian's skating, and I am so happy that he continues to compete.
He has a full-time career completely unrelated to skating. Architecture with a specialty in lighting design, or something like that.

Ohhh, I love Jordan too, and I hope that he will make it back to Nationals.
Along with Sebastian. And Mitchell. And Liam (as a senior for the first time) and ...
(It will be no problem for Eric, I trust.)

[ Jordan and Alain did not meet the FS tech minimums for Nats. :( ]
You are correct. I meant 2020.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I wish I knew which one Jason choreographed. Hanna in first, way fo come back.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What is up with the terrible camera work? I can’t even see one person half the time. Was especially interested in Sasha/Danny, but I can only see the top half of one person and sometimes not even that. Sometimes I see a leg and that’s it. And I’m paying for this.
I didn't have problems with the Peacock stream. Perhaps check the browser you are using, or the zoom feature on your computer? Camerawork is generally not great for fs events, but I don't recall having any specific problems seeing skaters in full most of the time.

It seems to me that Sasha might be injured, but they decided to compete anyway. Her problems on the jumps and the death spiral in the sp are what really hurt them in the scoring. Since they are also a fairly new team, they are still adjusting to each other in competition, which was obvious. Although they completed most of their elements in the fp, they were moving quite tentatively, and a lot of elements were unsteady, including lift dismounts.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Umm not that I don't like Starr but if she did score over 79 it probably is US homecooking. 79 would mean she is olympic and world medal contending. It means she probably is the top American even over LIu. I don't think that is the case.

Starr scored 70.10 in the sp, not 79. For some reason, she felt pressure in the fp, messed up with falls on some elements, and her tech score came down quite a bit (48.33 tech; 59:72 pcs) . There was not much high level competition for Starr in Blaine. Yet, because of her problems in the fp, she lost the fp portion to one competitor (Wren Warne-Jacobsen), but still remained in first overall.

Starr was absolutely lovely, smooth and clean in the sp, so the 70.10 score was not undeserved.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What is up with the terrible camera work? I can’t even see one person half the time. Was especially interested in Sasha/Danny, but I can only see the top half of one person and sometimes not even that. Sometimes I see a leg and that’s it. And I’m paying for this.
I havent watched any pairs yet but all I have seen on Peacock is excellence. The camera folk and the video switcher have to be skating broadcast pros.....maybe they were training a newbie or something.....

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did we have the Jason Brown choreographed skater yet, BTW?

The skater was Bow Bagley. I think she was first to skate, so I don't know if anyone caught her:

I also don't know if she used Jason's program. Look for Rohene's comment ;). Bow and Jason trained together in Monument, I believe.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't have problems with the Peacock stream. Perhaps check the browser you are using, or the zoom feature on your computer? Camerawork is generally not great for fs events, but I don't recall having any specific problems seeing skaters in full most of the time.

It seems to me that Sasha might be injured, but they decided to compete anyway. Her problems on the jumps and the death spiral in the sp are what really hurt them in the scoring. Since they are also a fairly new team, they are still adjusting to each other in competition, which was obvious. Although they completed most of their elements in the fp, they were moving quite tentatively, and a lot of elements were unsteady, including lift dismounts.
I watch it on my television through the Peacock app. The whole last half of the pairs short only showed an arm or a leg or at best half of one person. I use the same setup for all Peacock viewing.