US Championship Series - Leesburg, Virginia | Page 7 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Leesburg, Virginia

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Could have been better could have been worse but she went for it. Yes two popped jumps and a flop on the back end of her 3/3 combo but she landed her other jumps and skated with some fire and she looks faster. And into second!!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Must have not been too bad. I think this is her best score in some time now. I didn’t expect her to pass the 100 mark in the free skate.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Must have not been too bad. I think this is her best score in some time now. I didn’t expect her to pass the 100 mark in the free skate.
It was not bed and there was some aspects of the old Gracie back for sure. She can build on this!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is happening? I’m catching up on Skate Canada pairs. It sounds like you are watching Gracie’s second half of the free skate
Yes I was. And now I’m deciding which flavor ice cream I want to drown my sorrows in.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She was clearly pissed at herself, did not stay for scores even though she’s going to podium (4th) but she was not happy at all.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That is too bad. I think the reason why she is upset is because she knows she can do better. Her 3Lz is really an outstanding jump for her. Still, a 4th place finish is not too shabby.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Lindsay slaughtered this competition. Looks like another clean skate for her.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
That is too bad. I think the reason why she is upset is because she knows she can do better. Her 3Lz is really an outstanding jump for her. Still, a 4th place finish is not too shabby.
Yes re the lutz and I hope she concentrates on the positives. Yes she could have actually placed second but there will other comps. Lindsey on the other hand did break 200 at 202. And Rena skated better than I've ever seen her.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Gracie definitely looked like she has something to build on unlike some of her skates last year.

I literally don’t understand how they could be any faster. It’s like less than 5 minutes.
It's not 5 minutes. At least not in the Performance Center. Not in East Rink either. Maybe West?? I don't skate in there much.
Performance Center is about 8 to 9 minutes depending on ice quality and same with East Rink. Contrast that with another rink in the area which usually takes like 6 to 7 minutes. Their rinks are a bit smaller though.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie definitely looked like she has something to build on unlike some of her skates last year.

It's not 5 minutes. At least not in the Performance Center. Not in East Rink either. Maybe West?? I don't skate in there much.
Performance Center is about 8 to 9 minutes depending on ice quality and same with East Rink. Contrast that with another rink in the area which usually takes like 6 to 7 minutes. Their rinks are a bit smaller though.
We were in the performance center for Cranberry Cup and constantly marveled at how fast it was and literally I did not have time to get to the bathroom and back and was wishing they would take longer. It never occurred to me to actually time it. Maybe next year.

katymay

Medalist
Is this event a qualifier to nationals?
It is, but go back to the start of this thread as the qualifying is very convoluted this year. But, I think it is by scores-top 9-given those who have byes. Lindsay has already qualified and didn't need to be here.