Skate upgrade for adult starting jumps | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate upgrade for adult starting jumps

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am in the same situacion that you. I have tried the Edea in 250C and it is ok however, after 20 min i fell pain in the heel and the left foot it falls asleep (I think I think I have a problem with my left foot, the same thing happens to me with all the boots). The risport in 250C is very wide, however the fitting chart looks wrong because the 245C is correct in wide and the measure is similar to 250C according to the table.
I order for the 250B because they cannot be returned.
Do you order the 250B? How do you feel about them? could you tell me the width of your foot?
(I have 12 days to return Edea).
Please go see a fitter. This isn't really stuff random people on the internet can help you with.

SusanaFG

Rinkside
Please go see a fitter. This isn't really stuff random people on the internet can help you with.
In Spain a fitter doesn't exist. Only there are 3 seller in Madrid, and they don't want order a special size. The last time, they sold me a 245C they told me the boots were correct and my toes are curled up and asleep. They put the blades of wrong size.
My only option is to ask people who have similar experiences, not all of us are lucky enough to live in a country with fitters. That's what the forums are for, right? Among other things to help others.
What problems do you have with it? I have not consulted you.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
In Spain a fitter doesn't exist. Only there are 3 seller in Madrid, and they don't want order a special size. The last time, they sold me a 245C they told me the boots were correct and my toes are curled up and asleep. They put the blades of wrong size.
My only option is to ask people who have similar experiences, not all of us are lucky enough to live in a country with fitters. That's what the forums are for, right? Among other things to help others.
What problems do you have with it? I have not consulted you.
Hi and welcome.
@gliese was just trying to help because like me as a pro, she knows what she's talking about as a high level skater.

Secondly, the statement about fitter for Risport/EDEA doesn't exist in Spain is wrong. There is one that is a Risport fitting expert in Barcelona. Also, neighboring country of Portugal has one as well in Valongo. I will include their info, because you really do need an expert fitter and Risport dealer and/or Edea dealer for whatever brand you want. Also, if you keep saying your boot is too long for your foot, then you definitely need fitter because you may need semi-custom or custom boots if your foot won't fit a stock boot with small altering.
I will now list the contact info for both Risport dealers/fitters I spoke of above. Also, there are many edea fitters/dealers all throughout Spain, if you would like those I could list them later if you'd like. Good luck!

RISPORT:

RAG.SOC.
DISTRIBUCIONES CARLOS MUR S.L.
INDIRIZZO
CANIGO', 20
CAP
LOCALITA
BARCELONA
STA
E
TELEFONO
MAIL
[email protected]

RAG.SOC.
RCSKATES,LDA
INDIRIZZO
RUA PADRE B.CASTRO NEVES 152
CAP
LOCALITA
4440684 VALONGO PORTOGALLO
STA
P
TELEFONO
MAIL
[email protected]

EDEA:

Xari Creixell S.L.

Passeig de Gaudí, 9, 08203 Sabadell, Barcellona, Spain 8203
Website
http://www.queenskate.com
Email
[email protected]
Telephone
+34 93 727 6855

ESPORT SURIER

Calle Carmen, 28 Lloret de Mar, Spain 17310
Website
Email
[email protected]

ESPORTS MANLLEU

PSG ST. JOAN, 230 MANLLEU, SPAIN 8560
Website
Email
[email protected]

Last edited:

Elija

On the Ice
To add to the above list, I purchased my current boots and blades from these guys: https://stifeldshop.com/en/ They were really helpful and ordered me in the boot from edea (I wear a B width which they didn’t keep in stock). They’re based in Barcelona. They also stock a range of brands.

SusanaFG

Rinkside
Hi and welcome.
@gliese was just trying to help because like me as a pro, she knows what she's talking about as a high level skater.

Secondly, the statement about fitter for Risport/EDEA doesn't exist in Spain is wrong. There is one that is a Risport fitting expert in Barcelona. Also, neighboring country of Portugal has one as well in Valongo. I will include their info, because you really do need an expert fitter and Risport dealer and/or Edea dealer for whatever brand you want. Also, if you keep saying your boot is too long for your foot, then you definitely need fitter because you may need semi-custom or custom boots if your foot won't fit a stock boot with small altering.
I will now list the contact info for both Risport dealers/fitters I spoke of above. Also, there are many edea fitters/dealers all throughout Spain, if you would like those I could list them later if you'd like. Good luck!

RISPORT:

RAG.SOC.
DISTRIBUCIONES CARLOS MUR S.L.
INDIRIZZO
CANIGO', 20
CAP
LOCALITA
BARCELONA
STA
E
TELEFONO
MAIL
[email protected]

RAG.SOC.
RCSKATES,LDA
INDIRIZZO
RUA PADRE B.CASTRO NEVES 152
CAP
LOCALITA
4440684 VALONGO PORTOGALLO
STA
P
TELEFONO
MAIL
[email protected]

EDEA:

Xari Creixell S.L.

Passeig de Gaudí, 9, 08203 Sabadell, Barcellona, Spain 8203
Website
http://www.queenskate.com
Email
[email protected]
Telephone
+34 93 727 6855

ESPORT SURIER

Calle Carmen, 28 Lloret de Mar, Spain 17310
Website
Email
[email protected]

ESPORTS MANLLEU

PSG ST. JOAN, 230 MANLLEU, SPAIN 8560
Website
Email
[email protected]
Thank you, but I knew this list and the list is in Barcelona, not Madrid, 600Km of distance.
And they are shop/store, very small shop, familiar shop. They don't know about lasts, foot types, they don't have ovens, they just sell. "Hi, I want a boot" "Can I try it on?" and there they leave you trying on the boot. No, they do not want to order special widths. The same Saturday they told me. In Spain, there is more knowledge about inline skates not ice. Skaters know more than salespeople. Sometimes the daughter / son, niece / nephew, wife ... they serve the public, they sell without having knowledge. I had to explain myself that there was a table with widths to the seller. My last skates are small, and the blade is big. In another store, a friend's blades were badly assembled. For more information, 3 week ago I called to ESPORTS MANLLEU, I told them that my foot right has 24,5cm , they told me that I needed a 260. I hope that with this information you get an idea of the problem. And it is a seller from the list you put above.
One thing is a dealer, a salesperson, and other what you call an fitter (this person is not exist in spain).
I searched all the website, wrote to edea, wrote to risport... I have tried all options.

Thank you!

Last edited:

SusanaFG

Rinkside
To add to the above list, I purchased my current boots and blades from these guys: https://stifeldshop.com/en/ They were really helpful and ordered me in the boot from edea (I wear a B width which they didn’t keep in stock). They’re based in Barcelona. They also stock a range of brands.
Thank you very much. I saw that website and I called them several times 2 week ago, but they never answered me. In all the stores, they told me that until December there will be no stock. There is a problem, I suppose because of the pandemic. I found a table of Edea where appears the B is a normal size in store, however in Risport the B is a special size, thay are manufactured to order.

Today I was finally able to try on a 245 -Edea and a 250C - risport (other models). I discard 245, I can't move my fingers. The 250C on the right foot is a bit too big for me, I think it's big on the instep. Edea's 250 fits a little bit right on my heels and right bunion and my left foot goes numb. I ordered the Edea's Boots from Barcelona and I can still return them. The risport is comfortable for me, but if it is hollow, I do not know if it is a good idea, the Edea I feel a little fair, and after 20 minutes my feet hurt, I do not know if they will adapt. I am very lost the truth. I wasted on some wrong boots and I don't want to make the mistake again, they are very expensive.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you, but I knew this list and the list is in Barcelona, not Madrid, 600Km of distance.
And they are shop/store, very small shop, familiar shop. They don't know about lasts, foot types, they don't have ovens, they just sell. "Hi, I want a boot" "Can I try it on?" and there they leave you trying on the boot. No, they do not want to order special widths. The same Saturday they told me. In Spain, there is more knowledge about inline skates not ice. Skaters know more than salespeople. Sometimes the daughter / son, niece / nephew, wife ... they serve the public, they sell without having knowledge. I had to explain myself that there was a table with widths to the seller. My last skates are small, and the blade is big. In another store, a friend's blades were badly assembled. For more information, 3 week ago I called to ESPORTS MANLLEU, I told them that my foot right has 24,5cm , they told me that I needed a 260. I hope that with this information you get an idea of the problem. And it is a seller from the list you put above.
One thing is a dealer, a salesperson, and other what you call an fitter (this person is not exist in spain).
I searched all the website, wrote to edea, wrote to risport... I have tried all options.

Thank you!

Okay, first of all, I'm just trying to help. Also, I know the difference between dealer, fitter and so on. The level I have competed at and skate at now and how long I've been in and around the sport: I know things about skating and equipment that would make ones head spin. I'm sorry that the shop visited didn't have what you wanted, I listed what I did in case the places in Barcelona or your neighboring country of Portugal had what you needed and if they could actually help you. In a country such as yours, you are more than likely going to have to travel to get what you want, that's just how it works. Now, a fitter HAS to exist somewhere in that country or nearby otherwise the skaters who have become elite in your country (who wore edea btw) would have needed fitter and had one. So there has to be a skate tech pro (aka fitter) in your country somewhere. What I don't understand is that you made a point to complain that I listed places that specialize in EDEA in Barcelona and you said 600KM of distance like you don't want to travel, yet later stated you were actually to one of these shops. So which is it?!

Again, I am just trying to help.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

SusanaFG

Rinkside
Okay, first of all I don't need rudeness b/c I'm just trying to help with my expert knowledge. Also, I know the difference between dealer, fitter and so on. I'm a pro, former elite and know things about skating and equipment that would make ones head spin. I'm sorry that the shop visited didn't have what you wanted, I listed what I did in case the places in Barcelona or your neighboring country of Portugal had what you needed and if they could actually help you. In a country such as yours you are more than likely going to have to travel to get what you want, that's just how it works. Now, a fitter HAS to exist somewhere in that country or nearby otherwise the skaters who have become elite in your country (who wore edea btw) would have needed fitter and had one. So there has to be a skate tech pro (aka fitter) in your country somewhere. What I don't understand is that you made a point to complain that I listed places that specialize in EDEA in Barcelona and you said 600KM of distance like you don't want to travel, yet later stated you were actually to one of these shops. So which is it?!

I am sorry if I sound
Okay, first of all, I'm just trying to help. Also, I know the difference between dealer, fitter and so on. The level I have competed at and skate at now and how long I've been in and around the sport: I know things about skating and equipment that would make ones head spin. I'm sorry that the shop visited didn't have what you wanted, I listed what I did in case the places in Barcelona or your neighboring country of Portugal had what you needed and if they could actually help you. In a country such as yours, you are more than likely going to have to travel to get what you want, that's just how it works. Now, a fitter HAS to exist somewhere in that country or nearby otherwise the skaters who have become elite in your country (who wore edea btw) would have needed fitter and had one. So there has to be a skate tech pro (aka fitter) in your country somewhere. What I don't understand is that you made a point to complain that I listed places that specialize in EDEA in Barcelona and you said 600KM of distance like you don't want to travel, yet later stated you were actually to one of these shops. So which is it?!

I'm sorry if it seemed rude, it was not my intention but it did bother me a bit, because my word was doubted. No, I don't want to travel, I can't travel better, I am working and I ordered the Edea en 250 and I have only 1 week to return the boots.
In Madrid there are 3 ice rinks, in Barcelona I think 1. In Portugal it is the same as Spain or worse. They are hot countries, so roller skating is more demand but not on ice.
Here only Risport or Edea is sold, Edea in Madrid if you order for them and after they are not ok, can't be returned. And risport the same in special widths.
In Madrid, only 2 stores have ice boots physically (Dr. Patin and Patin de Oro). None of them know anything about ice boots and feet. Possibly in academies or personal trainers they know more, but I learn by myselft, so I don't have that contact.

I conctacted via phone with ESPORTS MANLLEU (Barcelona), they recommended the 260, when I know that I am a 250. Also, Edea answered me by suggesting the 245. After ordering Edea from the store in Barcelona, my heel hurts after 20 minutes at home and my right falls asleep. This is the reason why I consulted. Today I was able to try on Dr.Patin the 245 from Edea and 250 of Risport. Risport : I think it is too big in the instep. Nobody in the stores knows how to advise me.
Finally I have 2 options: Edea o Risport en 250C.

Thank you again. :)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am sorry if I sound

I'm sorry if it seemed rude, it was not my intention but it did bother me a bit, because my word was doubted. No, I don't want to travel, I can't travel better, I am working and I ordered the Edea en 250 and I have only 1 week to return the boots.
In Madrid there are 3 ice rinks, in Barcelona I think 1. In Portugal it is the same as Spain or worse. They are hot countries, so roller skating is more demand but not on ice.
Here only Risport or Edea is sold, Edea in Madrid if you order for them and after they are not ok, can't be returned. And risport the same in special widths.
In Madrid, only 2 stores have ice boots physically (Dr. Patin and Patin de Oro). None of them know anything about ice boots and feet. Possibly in academies or personal trainers they know more, but I learn by myselft, so I don't have that contact.

I conctacted via phone with ESPORTS MANLLEU (Barcelona), they recommended the 260, when I know that I am a 250. Also, Edea answered me by suggesting the 245. After ordering Edea from the store in Barcelona, my heel hurts after 20 minutes at home and my right falls asleep. This is the reason why I consulted. Today I was able to try on Dr.Patin the 245 from Edea and 250 of Risport. Risport : I think it is too big in the instep. Nobody in the stores knows how to advise me.

Perhaps ask coaches at your rink or skating director. Also, please do not teach yourself to skate ( you are going to learn incorrectly and risk injuries), that is if I understood correctly what you wrote. You are welcome, but I don't know what else to tell you with your skate supply issues and finding a skate expert in your country without travel.

I do wish you luck though. :)

marcopolobear

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Hi Susana,

You might look into ordering from Golden Horse boots. This is a company in Taiwan that specializes in custom online skating boots. They've been in business for a long time and are well-established in the roller skating world. I've read reviews and it seems that their fitting system works pretty well. https://ghskates.myshopify.com/ If you don't have a good shop to mount the blades, you might want to purchase them with blades and have them do it.

As far as the Risport chart goes. Remember their width is done by circumference of the ball of the foot. This shop has a very nice informative website with help about measuring your feet and fitting boots: https://www.kinziescloset.com/risport-skate-sizing-chart.html I've gone through their charts and the size I ended up with fit perfectly when I tried the boots in person. They also have info on sizing Edea boots.

If you end up buying leather boots, that could be an advantage to you because they can be easier to stretch as needed and with time will mold to your foot shape. My feet are wide and I really could use a size EE width boot, but am fine with a wide width leather Jackson boot as I had the front stretched a bit and made a piece of wood the width of my foot that I kept in the front of the boot after skating to keep it stretched.

I can sympathize with your situation though for sure. I am a guy who used to live in a very small town with no good skate shop for hundreds of miles. And as a guy, even good shops rarely had a variety of skates for men to try on (often only one pair of my size in the whole shop!) So I always had a very difficult time to buy boots that fit well. You might try to describe your foot shape to the forum here as some have a wide experience with what boots should be a good fit for a certain shape of foot and so you might get good ideas that way too. It probably would have helped me. I can say now, if you have wide feet with big ankle bones (my feet), Jackson or Risport Royal line should be a good fit.

M.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Risport Royal line is not a good idea to suggest when we don't even know her level. Also, if said person can't get european made skates in Europe fitted correctly, suggesting skates out of Taiwan is not a good idea either. Just saying.:shrug:

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I am sorry if I sound

Hola Susana,

I’m sorry - it sounds like it hasn’t been easy to find the help you need, and you’re super-frustrated.

I have an idea. I think I read that Javier Fernandez recently opened a skating academy at the Palacio de Hielo in Madrid. Have you tried contacting someone there for advice? I’m guessing Javi or one of the other coaches might be able to help you figure out what to do.

One of the reasons I’m suggesting this is because you said you’ve had problems with your left foot going numb and pain in the heel in every boot you’ve had. So it may not be a matter of just buying the right size boot - you may also need an orthotic or special adjustment to fix the problem. For that, unfortunately, you really need to be fitted in person.

Best of luck.

SusanaFG

Rinkside
Hi Susana,

You might look into ordering from Golden Horse boots. This is a company in Taiwan that specializes in custom online skating boots. They've been in business for a long time and are well-established in the roller skating world. I've read reviews and it seems that their fitting system works pretty well. https://ghskates.myshopify.com/ If you don't have a good shop to mount the blades, you might want to purchase them with blades and have them do it.

As far as the Risport chart goes. Remember their width is done by circumference of the ball of the foot. This shop has a very nice informative website with help about measuring your feet and fitting boots: https://www.kinziescloset.com/risport-skate-sizing-chart.html I've gone through their charts and the size I ended up with fit perfectly when I tried the boots in person. They also have info on sizing Edea boots.

If you end up buying leather boots, that could be an advantage to you because they can be easier to stretch as needed and with time will mold to your foot shape. My feet are wide and I really could use a size EE width boot, but am fine with a wide width leather Jackson boot as I had the front stretched a bit and made a piece of wood the width of my foot that I kept in the front of the boot after skating to keep it stretched.

I can sympathize with your situation though for sure. I am a guy who used to live in a very small town with no good skate shop for hundreds of miles. And as a guy, even good shops rarely had a variety of skates for men to try on (often only one pair of my size in the whole shop!) So I always had a very difficult time to buy boots that fit well. You might try to describe your foot shape to the forum here as some have a wide experience with what boots should be a good fit for a certain shape of foot and so you might get good ideas that way too. It probably would have helped me. I can say now, if you have wide feet with big ankle bones (my feet), Jackson or Risport Royal line should be a good fit.

M.
Thank you very much! I began my search 2 years ago, and bought the wrong size in the end. I measured my feet as indicated on the risport page, length and width around the ball. However, I don't know what my heels are like. In the store they told me that my foot was narrow but I don't know more. Edea doesn't have a table for width, only length.
My measures:
Left: L=24cm and W=21.5cm,
Right L=24,5 cm and W=21cm (I think my feet are wider in +0.5cm)

I bougth the 245C Risport however, my toes are curled up. I asked to front stretched them and they told me they didn't know if they could. How did you do it?!!
Finally I have decide to buy a new boots. I have tried the size 250C I can move the toes, in Edea and Risport, however, with Edea I feel pain in the I feel pain in the sole of the heel and it becomes numb, and the left one falls asleep (but this happens to all of them). In Risport I noticed my right foot somewhat loose and big on the instep. I couldn't try it for more than 5min (an error), it felt comfortable of course, but I don't know I how they feel 15 minutes later, but I thought that if I noticed something big it would get worse.
I'm surprised when people say boots feel comfortable. Can it stop hurting in time?

Thank you again!

SusanaFG

Rinkside
Hola Susana,

I’m sorry - it sounds like it hasn’t been easy to find the help you need, and you’re super-frustrated.

I have an idea. I think I read that Javier Fernandez recently opened a skating academy at the Palacio de Hielo in Madrid. Have you tried contacting someone there for advice? I’m guessing Javi or one of the other coaches might be able to help you figure out what to do.

One of the reasons I’m suggesting this is because you said you’ve had problems with your left foot going numb and pain in the heel in every boot you’ve had. So it may not be a matter of just buying the right size boot - you may also need an orthotic or special adjustment to fix the problem. For that, unfortunately, you really need to be fitted in person.

Best of luck.
Hi, Tavi.
Yes, in Palacio de Hielo there is academy yes in the 3 rinks and there are coacher privates, but they are only accessible to registered people. I have a friend that he knows a lot about skating, he does not recommend risport, he tells me to take the Edeas and mold the heel. However, he is surprised by my problems.
And yes, I need a podiatrist or a physiotherapist to analyze my left foot, to find out why it falls asleep. About the right, the pain is only with Edea, maybe if I change the insole...

Thanks!

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have a friend that he knows a lot about skating, he does not recommend risport, he tells me to take the Edeas and mold the heel. However, he is surprised by my problems.
Has he seen your feet, looked at the shape, and measured them?

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Hi, Tavi.
Yes, in Palacio de Hielo there is academy yes in the 3 rinks and there are coacher privates, but they are only accessible to registered people. I have a friend that he knows a lot about skating, he does not recommend risport, he tells me to take the Edeas and mold the heel. However, he is surprised by my problems.
And yes, I need a podiatrist or a physiotherapist to analyze my left foot, to find out why it falls asleep. About the right, the pain is only with Edea, maybe if I change the insole...

Thanks!
I know so many people who think Edea is the "be all and end all" who never tried on any other skate, or had foot shaped ideally for edea.
Ignore his advice. Plenty of top skaters wear risport, and if it suits your foot in my opinion is much better than edea.