2021 IDF Entries | Golden Skate

2021 IDF Entries

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought it might be a good idea to keep track of all entries for each GP separately, and to keep track of any withdrawals and replacements (hopefully not necessary!)

Preliminary as of 7/1/2021

Men

Keegan Messing (CAN)
Kevin Aymoz (FRA)
Adam Siao Him Fa (FRA)
Romain Ponsart (FRA) (added Sept 16)
Gabriele Frangipani (ITA)
Yuma Kagiyama (JPN)
Shun Sato (JPN)
Dennis Vasiljevs (LAT)
Dmitri Aliev (RUS)
Artur Danielan (RUS)
Andrei Mozalev (RUS)
Jason Brown (USA)

Ladies

Ekaterina Ryabova (AZE)
Maia Mazzarra (FRA) (added Nov 8)
Mae Berenice Meite (FRA) (wd Nov 3)
Lea Serna (FRA)
Wakaba Higuchi (JPN)
Yuhana Yokoi (JPN) (added Nov 8)
Haien Lee (KOR)
Yeojeon Park (KOR) (added Nov 8)
Alena Kostornaia (RUS)
Anna Scherbakova (RUS)
Ksenia Sinitsyna (RUS)
Starr Andrews (USA)
Mariah Bell (USA)
Karen Chen (USA)

Pairs

Vanessa James / Eric Radford (CAN)
Cheng Peng / Yang Jin (CHN) (wd Oct 19)
Yuchen Wang / Yihang Huang (CHN) (wd Oct 19)
Cleo Hamon / Denis Strekalin (FRA) (wd Oct 18)
Coline Kerevin / Noel-Antoine Pierre (FRA)
Camille Kovalev / Pavel Kovalev (FRA) (added Oct 18)
Ioulia Chtchetinina / Mark Magyar (HUN) (added Oct 21)
Rebecca Ghilardi / Filippo Ambrosini (ITA) (added Oct 21)
Iulilia Artemeva / Mikhail Nazarychev (RUS)
Alexandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kolvoskii (RUS)
Alexa Knierim / Brandon Frazier (USA)

Ice Dance

Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier (CAN)
Loicia Demogeout / Theo Le Mercier (FRA) (added Nov 3)
Adelina Galyavieva / Louis Thauron (FRA) (wd Nov 2)
Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron (FRA)
Juulia Turkilla / Matthias Versluis (FIN) (added Nov 8)
Evgenia Lopareva / Geoffrey Brissaud (FRA) (added Sept 16)
Jennifer Janse van Rensberg / Benjamin Steffan (GER)
Allison Reed / Saulius Ambruleviicus (LTU)
Annnabelle Morozov / Andrei Bagin (RUS)
Alexandra Stepanpova / Ivan Bukin (RUS)
Tiffani Zagorski / Jonathan Gurreiro (RUS) (wd Nov 2)
Christina Carreira / Anthony Ponomarenko (USA)

Last edited:

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
I do hope the Russian skaters will be allowed to skate here. Russia is still listed as a red category country for France. I do hope the Russian skaters got vaccinated. There are 11 entries from Russia.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
WHAT? First Han Yan, now Peng and Jin? I have a feeling this could be due to certain skaters not doing what the CFSA wants, and so we have had numerous Chinese withdrawals from GP/CS events. This sucks. I really hope it's just a really mild injury for Peng/Jin, but considering how early it is in the GP series, I think they're joining Han Yan and Hongyi Chen on the no-no list.

Andrea82

Medalist
WHAT? First Han Yan, now Peng and Jin? I have a feeling this could be due to certain skaters not doing what the CFSA wants, and so we have had numerous Chinese withdrawals from GP/CS events. This sucks. I really hope it's just a really mild injury for Peng/Jin, but considering how early it is in the GP series, I think they're joining Han Yan and Hongyi Chen on the no-no list.

Peng/Jin have not been withdrawn yet from Italy GP which takes place before French GP.
So it may be due to issues related to entering France (quarantines, etc) rather than injuries.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Peng/Jin have not been withdrawn yet from Italy GP which takes place before French GP.
So it may be due to issues related to entering France (quarantines, etc) rather than injuries.
Team China has taken base for a month in Milan. So it's not P/J (or W/H) being on a "no-no" list, I'd imagine - but them possibly running into quarantine issues with France still sucks. :(

Hongyi on the other hand... Guess the rumours about her being taken off the national team are true.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Team China has taken base for a month in Milan. So it's not P/J (or W/H) being on a "no-no" list, I'd imagine - but them possibly running into quarantine issues with France still sucks. :(

Hongyi on the other hand... Guess the rumours about her being taken off the national team are true.
If they were coming from Italy, I think they should have been fine on that since it's a green country on France's list. So I'm not sure of the reason.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
If they were coming from Italy, I think they should have been fine on that since it's a green country on France's list. So I'm not sure of the reason.
I didn't bring up quarantine (it was @Andrea82 ) - but I'm not sure about it anyway. Maybe they'll have to quarantine in Italy, or maybe it's nothing to do with quarantine. Actually, Team China doesn't need to be on any list for France. They were vaccinated before Worlds 2021 IIRC. All they need is whatever proof France wants them to produce. https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...virus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

Anyway, we'll probably not know why they withdrew.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Demougeot/Le Mercier replace Galyavieva/Thauron at IdF.

Does the French Fed have any substitutes to replace Meite? With Serna and Mazzara already on the list, i´m wondering who that might be.
Julie Froetscher was 3rd at French Masters and was recently 6th at the 2021 Trophée Métropole Nice so I guess she would be next in line?

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Really? For some reason I was sure they only had one GP. And then I missed them when I looked at the original post here. Thanks!

Yeah, I have no idea how I missed them! And nobody else noticed they were missing either! It's been fixed now, though!