2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I'm so happy for Loena. Shhe is such a joy to watch. Not only on the ice but off the ice too. For many other skaters figure skating is a job, is a fight. For her it's a joy. My heart is blooming when I see a skater who is happy just be able to skate. Loena is one of them. It's great, that she also got a medal here. She deserved it.

Zora

On the Ice
This is because the program appeals to a Russian-language literary work that is simply not familiar to you. For me, everything is clear and very beautiful in this program.
Considering the first piece is from Apocalyptica, a Finnish band, and the last part is a David Garret piece, is it really that clear? Those two pieces have nothing to do with the novel.

Before I've read the background story of the program, I thought it was about a person going mental or something. :shrug:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Mai and Satoko skated beautifully at this competition and both made me cry today (actually Satoko's PCS always makes me cry...😒)

Congrats to Loena for delivering two amazing performances and earning a well deserved GP medal!

liv

Record Breaker
Unfortunately judges still have trouble realizing there is a difference between tech and pcs marks. Maiia deserved her tech score, but the pcs, with that program and skate?

But, that's the judging. If you have the quads then you must have everything else. And if you have trouble with your triples, then you obviously aren't strong in anything else either. Ridiculous, but true.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇷🇺 #AnnaShcherbakova #GPItaly "The main goal was to show my quad. I had some mistakes, especially in the short program. The short program needs to be good and clean every time so I will work on that, but I am happy with my free skate."

eterialskating

On the Ice
Even Mai and Satako barely getting these scores. How Maiia got 68 in her first senior debut? Is she more mature and polished skater than Satako and Mai? The PCS completely depends on Technical content nothing related about artistry and presentation. We all witnessed many times
Is Mai the girl that has never outgrown her ice princess programs and still looks like one of the little girls being chaperoned by their mothers at the ice rink. I wouldn't call her a paragon of artistry. I don't think she's even capable of doing tango and she's several years older than Maiia.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Loena must be the first European to reach 70 pcs in 20 years aside from Carolina. :biggrin: In fact probably ever since the implementation of the scoring system.
I know Russia is in Europe. But in figure skating, the term European means non Russian Europeans
I don't think this system has been around that long lol.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
First of all Maiia looks like a much more polished and mature skater than Tuk who's not shown any progress in her performance ability. The same tired cabaret act since I can remember. And they are not even scored the same so why bring it up. Tuktamysheva is scored in the 70+ like Anna and Kamila and more than Kostornaya this season. So no I don't buy this faux outrage on Maiia's PCS.
Yes but nobody has better choreography/composition from the wrist up than Tuk.:biggrin:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
First of all Maiia looks like a much more polished and mature skater than Tuk who's not shown any progress in her performance ability. The same tired cabaret act since I can remember. And they are not even scored the same so why bring it up. Tuktamysheva is scored in the 70+ like Anna and Kamila and more than Kostornaya this season. So no I don't buy this faux outrage on Maiia's PCS.
I am not sure Maiia looks more polished when it comes to performing. There is a big difference between reaching out to an audience and connection to music and skating skills and execution. Liza is a firecracker. She is intense. She reaches out. And yes, she does well in mostly one style of programs but she does these well. Maiia's tango today made me feel I was just getting out of bed, before my dose of coffee. It was lackluster, despite all her amazing qualities and skills. A tango program requires a lot of intensity, passion, a sense of rhythm, it's actually very hard to do as a single skater... to me, it was a complete miss. Maiia deserves a much better program.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Considering the first piece is from Apocalyptica, a Finnish band, and the last part is a David Garret piece, is it really that clear? Those two pieces have nothing to do with the novel.
The music should not be related to the novel. It sets the emotional mood.

Before I've read the background story of the program, I thought it was about a person going mental or something. :shrug:
In a way, yes

@florin stop sending people to the mental ward, here we're still wainting for you to explain us Anna's program :LOL:
click

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Mai the girl that has never outgrown her ice princess programs and still looks like one of the little girls being chaperoned by their mothers at the ice rink. I wouldn't call her a paragon of artistry. I don't think she's even capable of doing tango and she's several years older than Maiia.
2017 SP Mai Mihara Libertango

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Poje was joining the coaching staff of an arena in Kelowna
ok.. that's great news... the vancouver bits confused me..1) because it was last week 2) because there is already wing and lowe there... 3) now that you mention kelowna, well the two cities are a short flight apart from one another.. it's almost easier to get to victoria (which is on the island) .. than in the interior... however, kelowna is beautiful and poje will fit right in :)