2021 NHK Trophy: Women's Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2021 NHK Trophy: Women's Free Skate

randomfan

Record Breaker
i wonder what language Young and Mana communicate in? i assume Young and Mie Hamada talk in English, but does Mana know English, or Young know Japanese?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I was watching the FS from NHK broadcasting: was Kaori catching a bug? after the interview and waiting for the awarding ceremon?😹 And the way she carried the trophy off the scene…

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also recall Kaori saying that she didn't have a lot of practice time after coming back from America (due to quarantine, I presume). She also made some mistakes in America, such as on her spins, and was glad to correct those at NHK.

Joekaz

On the Ice
I have to agree. Mana is such an exciting skater. I see a bright future for her.
As an American, I loved Liu but clearly see the others ahead of her were better.
I think they are pushing Liu because its an Olympic year, but she clearly isn't ready. Matsuike had a bad ankle and was clearly nervous skating at home, but was much more polished in her basic skating than Liu. Allysa seems rushed and overcoached right now.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
i don't not like it :LOL: i find it naive and made by basic motivational quotes you can find on Instagram, but i understand it'is made to appeal to teen agers so...
Oh mama! While I am working with adolescents everyday, I am growing up, too. #notagirlnotyetawoman

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇯🇵 #KaoriSakamoto #NHKTrophy SB (146.78/223.34) "My first and last jump I was angled in the air, but at least I put in good short and long programs. About one month ago, it would have been hard to imagine today's results. It took me two years to really get the Matrix to get to where I liked."

readernick

Medalist
Why does Alysa get terrible GOEs

Her jumps look decent to me, no wobbly landings. It's like they don't want to give her a fraction of GOE 😭😭😭😭😭

Someone explain what is offensive about them that I'm not seeing????
They are small and don't carry good running edge in and out. What Alysa does do very well though is her leveled elements.... She does a good job of getting level 4 step sequences and spins....

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇯🇵 #KaoriSakamoto #NHKTrophy "My jumps are not consistent yet. When I try to make them stable, I slow down. I really need to work on that. If I can skate with speed, I'll do better on the jumps and is something I will focus on when I get home."

readernick

Medalist
I enjoyed Mana the most. She doesn't have polish and she needs to get her levels but I enjoy her program , flow across the ice, and lack of fear.

Kaori has never been my favorite but she is a great technical skater. The best program she ever had was No Roots from Shae-Lynn. She should get a new LP and ditch Benoit who is really just giving terrible programs to skaters this year.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇯🇵 #ManaKawabe #NHKTrophy "The morning of my SP I wasn't doing that well, but because I was able to succeed, I really wanted to succeed in the FS as well. I think beyond this big stage and being able to put on a good performance has given me confidence."