US Championship Series - Spokane, Washington | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Spokane, Washington

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh @CoyoteChris I don't want to take the sole blame:laugh:. And although I have cruised Hawaii, I have never cruised Alaska, nor am I likely to, because as beautiful as it is, my limit for cold is achieved in ice rinks.

And your saga with the Skate America tickets is truly:eek: and:palmf:. I hope the skating makes up for it!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
el henry has made me so missing cruising that I booked another cruise to Alaska in May (this will be my fourth)....cold as an ice rink but people actually care about you, un like the Orleans!
oosterdam.jpg
I have the Glory booked out of NOLA for 2/3. Will be watching the Olympics from the Caribbean. It’s so cheap now ..

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... I have emailed the arena to see if they will let me in. Its a pretty nice facility. ...

Back on topic :) ... ticket information has been added to the Spokane event page.

"Tickets will be sold online and on-site at Eagles Ice Arena. All event and individual day tickets are available HERE."​

(Don't know whether you already received a reply from the arena, Chris, but maybe others also would be interested in attending.)

BTW, a random FYI that Courtney Hicks mentioned a while back on Instagram that she plans to compete in Spokane.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Re: the whole Alaska is cold thing.

During the summer months - aka the tourist season bc yay cruise ships - you are not in ice rink like weather. Now as Chris pointed out the Panhandle IS a rainforest so while it may not be ice cold it can be damp and drizzly. BUT! if you do the cruise that takes you into Seward (also a rainforest, and closer to where I live on the Kenai Peninsula) and then drive into South Central and Interior Alaska you should have amazing weather. We are averaging in the mid70s to low80s in the summer now (I am personally not a fan of those temps, but I am in the minority). Ice Rink temps are from October-Early December. Then we get the bitter cold from Late December through February. Then back to Ice Rink temps from March to very early May.

(I'd also point out that many folks who visited this past year without cruise ships said they enjoyed it more than just sticking to the cruise itineraries and ports... I can hook you up with non-cruise ideas if anyone is ever interested. I don't get kick backs, I just love my state.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Back on topic :) ... ticket information has been added to the Spokane event page.

"Tickets will be sold online and on-site at Eagles Ice Arena. All event and individual day tickets are available HERE."​

(Don't know whether you already received a reply from the arena, Chris, but maybe others also would be interested in attending.)

BTW, a random FYI that Courtney Hicks mentioned a while back on Instagram that she plans to compete in Spokane.
Thanks! Trying to unpack, make doc appts and watch skating...now have it down on my calander.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No entries yet?
Its 5:30 PM on Sunday and nothing. We are in the mists of a windstorm....41 mpg gust with higher tomorrow so my internet is up and down with the power. I am trying to plan my week to go to the event and nothing. Very odd. Clearly they KNOW who is coming...maybe they just havent done all the planning on when the cast will appear....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Its 5:30 PM on Sunday and nothing. We are in the mists of a windstorm....41 mpg gust with higher tomorrow so my internet is up and down with the power. I am trying to plan my week to go to the event and nothing. Very odd. Clearly they KNOW who is coming...maybe they just havent done all the planning on when the cast will appear....
Surely tomorrow?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yes it is. And they have to have it up soon - doesn’t it start Wednesday?

Has the storm blown by?
Its suppose to anyway.
Storm is raging...30,000 without power at the peak. Peak gust here was 62 mph. 72 in Athol
Generator ready.
a peak gust.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That sounds awful.
We here got off lightly....not alot of extensive damage...Western WA has terrible flooding. Closed roads due to mudslides.
(Still no starting orders from the USFS For Spokane.)
This is a white knuckle ride on a motorcycle over the 180 ft Deception Pass bridge.....during the best of times.

FERBpfGWYAUyXdN

deception-pass-bridge-whidbey-island-washington-aerial-photograph,2061365.jpg

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We here got off lightly....not alot of extensive damage...Western WA has terrible flooding. Closed roads due to mudslides.
(Still no starting orders from the USFS For Spokane.)
This is a white knuckle ride on a motorcycle over the 180 ft Deception Pass bridge.....during the best of times.

FERBpfGWYAUyXdN

deception-pass-bridge-whidbey-island-washington-aerial-photograph,2061365.jpg
Oh heck no. Not this woman.

Maybe I should call the rink and see if it is still taking place