2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 5 - Perm | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 5 - Perm

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Omg all three of Sofia M, Sofia A and Adeliya are here we are getting a showdown between half of women JGPF early :eek:

But no Nastya Z ? isn't this the last cup stage are they giving up in senior nationals? Hopefully she isn't injured:scratch2:

Feel bad for Shulskaya she is up against 4 skaters who have already qualified for nats and 3 are going for ultra c jumps and she needs a high finish to qualify herself here. Liventseva is also back I taught she might have retired from competitive skating after last season, im happy she is back.

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Morozova Vs. Rubtsova Vs. Scherbinina?

I have deja vu, Medalists of the Volkov Memorial :)

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I don't see any Sofia A...
huh her name was in the starting line up originally and now its gone that's odd and according to her fanpage she is there competing which I admit would be against the rules. I guess her name in the seniors was a mistake and she will be added to juniors instead?

edit: Yeah I checked her fanpage that personally are in contact with her already posted in the morning hours before the entries got revealed that she will be competing in seniors here and her name was for a minute or 2 in the 2nd warm up group before it got removed? I wonder what happened there as her competing there is against the rules did everyone involved not remember the rules until now?

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kirill S, Nikita S and Mark Lukin are in the Juniors :)

Sofia M and Sofia Samodurova are in the Seniors 🥰

I wanted to post a funny gif of what I'm pretty sure the Russian Fed is up to with the wait to put the entry list out, but alas I can't attach .gifs anymore :(

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder what happened there as her competing there is against the rules did everyone involved not remember the rules until now?
I think the Russian Figure Skating Fed often forgets the rules? Last year Sofia Titova was doing one of her combos in the non-bonus half of her FS all season but wasn't called on it until the Moscow Junior Championships. It was bizarre? Like nobody noticed the whole time?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Some interesting names in women:

Seniors:
Surprislingly Muravieva and Samodurova is here.
But NO Zinina and Akatieva!! Petrosian is here though.
I don't understand Zinina. She was 2nd at the last stage and would easily have qualified here.

Juniors:
As expected. But why does Ovchinnikova show up for only one stage?
And no Berestovskaya.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
huh her name was in the starting line up originally and now its gone that's odd and according to her fanpage she is there competing which I admit would be against the rules. I guess her name in the seniors was a mistake and she will be added to juniors instead?

edit: Yeah I checked her fanpage that personally are in contact with her already posted in the morning hours before the entries got revealed that she will be competing in seniors here and her name was for a minute or 2 in the 2nd warm up group before it got removed? I wonder what happened there as her competing there is against the rules did everyone involved not remember the rules until now?
It seems they changed the rules this year so she must be 14 before 1st of July. That wasn't the case before.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Some interesting names in women:

Seniors:
Surprislingly Muravieva and Samodurova is here.
But NO Zinina and Akatieva!! Petrosian is here though.
I don't understand Zinina. She was 2nd at the last stage and would easily have qualified here.

Juniors:
As expected. But why does Ovchinnikova show up for only one stage?
And no Berestovskaya.
Akatieva isn't age eligible to compete in cup stages but she actually for a minute or 2 was in the starting list then got removed.

Im assuming even 1 JGP assignment gets you to jr nats? would explain Liza B disappearance.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Akatieva isn't age eligible to compete in cup stages but she actually for a minute or 2 was in the starting list then got removed.

Im assuming even 1 JGP assignment gets you to jr nats? would explain Liza B disappearance.
It looks like Akatieva will be at senior Nats though after all? At least according to Wikipedia...
But it's strange that she doesn't have the chance to try out her senior program here.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Sofias fan page clarified what happened with Sofia A apparently the plan was truly that she would compete in seniors at the 5th stage Russian cup but obviously because of the age rule she wasn't able to compete at the end.
It looks like Akatieva will be at senior Nats though after all? At least according to Wikipedia...
But it's strange that she doesn't have the chance to try out her senior program here.
yeah she will be at senior nats, oddly enough senior nats and Russian cup this season have different age rules...

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I wonder what happened there as her competing there is against the rules did everyone involved not remember the rules until now?
5.8. Age of skaters is verified during final registration at a meeting of the admission commission

36726615.jpg

According to the schedule, the Admission Commission was at 9-12 o'clock (local time).

36726588.jpg

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Sofias fan page clarified what happened with Sofia A apparently the plan was truly that she would compete in seniors at the 5th stage Russian cup but obviously because of the age rule she wasn't able to compete at the end.

yeah she will be at senior nats, oddly enough senior nats and Russian cup this season have different age rules...
Well, at least that's good news for Shulskaya. She needs at least a 4th place here and she should manage that.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
5.8. Age of skaters is verified during final registration at a meeting of the admission commission

36726615.jpg

According to the schedule, the Admission Commission was at 9-12 o'clock (local time).

36726588.jpg
I feel like everyone involved should have known better, she went all the way there for nothing. Shouldn't moscow fed who submits the skaters know the rules and not submit anyone who isn't of required age?

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I feel like everyone involved should have known better, she went all the way there for nothing. Shouldn't moscow fed who submits the skaters know the rules and not submit anyone who isn't of required age?
I think Eteri and co know that Akatieva has a date of birth problem. Why did they send Akatieva to Perm?:) Need to ask them :)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Looks like some form of miscommunication. Kostornaia and Sinitsyna both competed when they were 14 but with a birthday after 1st of July. Eteri and Co probably thought the rules were still the same.