2021 Internationaux de France: Women's Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2021 Internationaux de France: Women's Short Program

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Post number 1 says vocals by Etta James, not Starr.

Post Number One is probably taken from the ISU Bio. The ISU may need to read this: :)

This season, Andrews stunned fans at 2021 Guaranteed Rate Skate America in October when she skated to her own cover of Etta James' "At Last" for her short program.
"My coach [Derrick Delmore] actually suggested it," said Andrews, who previously covered Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" for her free skate at the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. "I had been wanting to sing another one of my programs for a little bit now, and this year seems like the perfect year to do it."

b-man

Final Flight
Post Number One is probably taken from the ISU Bio. The ISU may need to read this: :)

This season, Andrews stunned fans at 2021 Guaranteed Rate Skate America in October when she skated to her own cover of Etta James' "At Last" for her short program.
"My coach [Derrick Delmore] actually suggested it," said Andrews, who previously covered Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" for her free skate at the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. "I had been wanting to sing another one of my programs for a little bit now, and this year seems like the perfect year to do it."
Wow! It was so good I thought must be from a professional. I will defer to your answer.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! It was so good I thought must be from a professional. I will defer to your answer.

Don't defer to me ;) : I didn't see Starr's program, and given she had a medical issue, I don't think I will watch it, it would make me nervous. So I don't know for sure what version she used here, but at least at SA, she said it was her cover.(y)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Man it totally slipped my mind that this was on and I could have watched the first group at least. Whoops!

So I'm catching up now!

The stadium looks surprisingly empty for a ladies event, but I guess that might be COVID related.

Some impressions

Ksenia S is really good! Not to mention flexible, she had a big smile on her face during the last spin. Like wow!

Yuhana for best dress! I was totally feeling the Olé! 💃Sad about the dreaded COMBO though.

It totally looks like Prince Eric and Princess Ariel are doing a Tango on the KnC background. Too bad Liza N didn't get this event ;)

Love Lea's jumpsuit! And OMG! Brian J there you are! What a great skate to have in front of your home crowd :biggrin:

Park - great jumps and her costume was of course perfect ;)

Mariah - It seems like forever since we saw her! And Zhenya Med music! It suits Mariah well! Hi Adam!

Starr - I knew she withdrew - very sad! And I love her SP so it's super sad to see her having to WD. Get well soon, Starr!

Why is the logo a chicken? 🐔 Do we have a chicken sponsor? Will the winners get a crate of chicken?
That is France's national logo, it pops up everywhere with their sports team :)

On that note I have to be off for church, I'll catch up on the second group when I get back.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Back from church and here I am for the second group!

May I just say, I love Rina Ryabova's dress so much! It's so colourful and gorgeous.

Wait...Anna and Aliona's dresses are practically the same in the torso? Odd! But I do like Anna's new dress with the embellishments on the gloves, makes her look fierce.

Hmm Mark says Anna's not known for 3As, has she ever attempted one 🤔

Haein - Another A plus dress! Although white is sometimes hard to see on wide angle. But the sparkles 🥰 and good work getting that combo in!

Wakaba - Once again I was a little spoiled so knew she missed the 3A. I gotta say though...I love Your Song but this is a shocker of a cover. Elton John should sue. Her dress is great though and great step sequence there.

Go, Rina, go! :cheer: This program is so fun! I'm chair dancing. Also credit on the illusion turn :) Also +5.00 GOE on matching hair ribbon to dress 🥰

I didn't know Rina was at Crystal, is Mark right about that?

Karen - She never goes wrong with her dress choices either! A most elegant skater! But wow the delay in getting her legs crossed on the first jump! Whoops. Look at her sell that step sequence though! Nice.

Aliona - When she announced the program change someone mentioned Lady Gaga's version, so I looked it up and dang me, it is a banger! Danny G should have picked it! Aliona looks good though, nice performance :) I like a good jazzy number. Big crowd support for her as well, which will help her confidence.

Anna - I'm kinda digging the music, it's very intense! Not sure what to make of the choreo. It is a new program though, so it'll probably improve a lot.

Apart from poor Starr this was a good event! Good luck to the ladies in the FS!