US Championship Series - Spokane, Washington | Page 4 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Spokane, Washington

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Why would you stay home?
I hate to say this but this particular group of ladies did not excite tonight. How many clean skates did you see? Maybe I am just jaded after going to SkateAmerica....Right now there are about six of these I want to see and I can watch them live or on demand on Peacock and watch Skate France tomorrow evening. The other issue is the ladies start at 8pm which means I would probably go and see the last two flights and that puts them pretty late. And then I have a half hour drive home over ice fog covered roads. Now if Kanon Smith or someone I was really excited about were skating, I would probably go. I AM glad I went tonight and saw them live. How many years have I cheered for Court? The lady who came in Silver in NHK in 2015, beating Mao Asada? It was fun to see but at the end of the day, the ice was very slippery out there tonight. With any luck, I will see some of these at Nashville live again. Good luck to Kate, Sierra, Hanna and Court tomorrow. Please someone skate clean! And Hanna, we have to talk about your new hair do/color.... LOL!

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I should say that I did see at least one other fan. I sat four feet away from him and he scooted two ft more. He read a magazine when someone wasnt on the ice. This event wasnt mentioned on the news and it is probably a good thing as the bleachers, such as they were, had wads of extended family members and skaters as usual with many not obeying mask rules. Most sat in the 3rd and fourth and final row as you could see over the hockey shields and you got heat from the radiant heaters, which they eventually turned off and I put my layers back on.
Looking into the K and C from my seat in the fourth row. Actual distance was maybe 30 ft.
a k and c.jpg

I was about 25 ft from the coaches...final flight...for better or worse, a number of coaches would talk/yell encouragement/instructions to their students during performances. Didnt get a chance to ask any of the Broadmoor people about Kanon.....
a vultures row.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Some people chose to not sit in the cold and hung out in the lounge where it was warm and you could get something to eat.
a snack bar.jpg

Spokane's ever present ice fog made driving to and from the rink in the dark challanging if you are not used to black ice on the roads. Thankfully, in town, at 1900 ft, the effects were minimul...on the west plains at 2300 ft, it was worse.
a spokane icefog.jpg

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good job Mitchell! My turtle and fractal lover! 2 clean skates, I hope that is enough.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liam had a clean skate as well and just beat out Mitchell.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate to say this but this particular group of ladies did not excite tonight. How many clean skates did you see? Maybe I am just jaded after going to SkateAmerica....Right now there are about six of these I want to see and I can watch them live or on demand on Peacock and watch Skate France tomorrow evening. The other issue is the ladies start at 8pm which means I would probably go and see the last two flights and that puts them pretty late. And then I have a half hour drive home over ice fog covered roads. Now if Kanon Smith or someone I was really excited about were skating, I would probably go. I AM glad I went tonight and saw them live. How many years have I cheered for Court? The lady who came in Silver in NHK in 2015, beating Mao Asada? It was fun to see but at the end of the day, the ice was very slippery out there tonight. With any luck, I will see some of these at Nashville live again. Good luck to Kate, Sierra, Hanna and Court tomorrow. Please someone skate clean! And Hanna, we have to talk about your new hair do/color.... LOL!
I love watching all levels of skaters and they don’t have to be clean for me to enjoy. There was a lovely young lady in Norwood with a beautiful dress who skated the most charming samba with the biggest 😃
These skaters work hard and have few to cheer.

I don’t drive in ice or snow at all period so.. yeah I would not have been there for that reason

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok so who knows about the men…who is in and who is out..

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I need a selfie stick! 😂. Old hands can't hold phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_205018223_copy_970x879.jpg
    IMG_20211120_205018223_copy_970x879.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 59

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These folk need to take lessons in ice making from Skating Club of Boston. They are taking forever.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yay! Good skates by Sierra and Kate to solidify their qualification to Nationals. Also, I believe Rena Ikenishi is still safe with her spot. Which she deserves given that she had two consistent 160+ competitions. She came in 9th at Nationals last year and it is a shame that she wasn’t in any international competition this year. These three competitors I really like and I hope their time will come to shine during Nationals. Sierra is hot and cold. But, when she is on, I prefer her over Andrews and Shin

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yay! Good skates by Sierra and Kate to solidify their qualification to Nationals. Also, I believe Rena Ikenishi is still safe with her spot. Which she deserves given that she had two consistent 160+ competitions. She came in 9th at Nationals last year and it is a shame that she wasn’t in any international competition this year. These three competitors I really like and I hope their time will come to shine during Nationals. Sierra is hot and cold. But, when she is on, I prefer her over Andrews and Shin
Right now I am too busy but I believe if I brought up the results of the comps it would be a matter of inside an hour and I could figure out the order of the top 12. If the actual order is done under cold hard numbers, then certainly Gracie, Sierra, Kate and Rena would take four of the 12 spots. There are certain skaters that need the assistance of a USFS Jump coach for instance and they would be very good candidates for next season....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I love watching all levels of skaters and they don’t have to be clean for me to enjoy. There was a lovely young lady in Norwood with a beautiful dress who skated the most charming samba with the biggest 😃
These skaters work hard and have few to cheer.

I don’t drive in ice or snow at all period so.. yeah I would not have been there for that reason
I cheered for them all! I have a friend who just took up skating and is now competing in the adult level....there is nothing easy about this sport. The crowd at Spokane, such as it was, did clap pretty much for everyone.....unless you see someone go through what they have to in an effort to achieve nationals at any level, I dont think a person can appreciate the commitments one and ones family have to make....
My friend AC recently...Arriba and others here know her as well....I dont know how she has time to sleep!
alexia 7.jpg
I did have away around the Ice and snow issue but when I retired, they made me give it back.....
ess 2 a.jpg