2021 Rostelecom Cup: Rhythm Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here to catch Group 2.

Observations during warm-up

In my absolute lack of taste opinion... Nikita's shirt is awesome! I love it for some reason! Even though it looks like something he picked up at Millers (aka the shop for ladies of a certain age here in Australia ;) ) But come on, he wears it with such confidence! You go, sir!

Nikolaj Sorenson is so good looking it's actually distracting :laugh:

Macro and Charlene are so cute.

OK here we go!

Sara/Kirill - Dang Sara's got it and she knows it ;) Meanwhile Kirill's picking up his bow and arrow and heading for the range after this ;)

Laurance/Nikolaj - Is he Superman? It looks like the Superman logo on the back of his jacket. Also +5.00 GOE for using George Michael and not a cover. Although the song still confuses me.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oops pressed post for no good reason...

Does Canada have three spots in Dance for Beijing? If so I'm curious who will join Piper and Paul.

Charlene/Marco - Unexpected debris on the ice surface! Good thing they caught it before starting.

I'm not a big MJ fan, but I love these too so hard! Awesome lift! Also Barbara F-P is always a pleasure to see ;)

Mark talking about Marco's diminutive statue, like I said...SMALL, but MIGHTY! 🥰

Vika/Nikita - He can leave his hat on should he have one ;) And I think his Twizzles have improved a lot! You can't deny he's fast! They always look like they're having a blast out there, it makes me smile. I really have no clue about ice dance, I thought they were really good! And congratulations to them! I hope Nikita's back trouble has passed.

If sass was a component they'd get a nice 10 :biggrin:

Ha ha look at those bizarre cat stuffies.

Aside from Jean-Luc and Kaitlyn I think the placements are good.

I might watch the whole FD tonight, but not sure. Either way good luck to all the couples!

rain

Record Breaker
Oops pressed post for no good reason...

Does Canada have three spots in Dance for Beijing? If so I'm curious who will join Piper and Paul.
Canada does have three spots. It'll be Piper and Paul, of course, Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen, and Lajoie/Lagha. I don't see any scenario barring catastrophic injury where these are not the three teams chosen.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sultry is not a quality that I associate with Kaitlin. This seems well conceptualized, decent choreo, but I’m not sure it’s the right dance for them. Decent score though, well done for a first outing!
See…I think she’s sultry. Oh well what do I know.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sad to see that Hawayek and Baker's career has basically plateau'd. I guess their size and lack power will always hold them back. I always held out hope.
They’re the last priority in Montreal.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seeing this 5th placement for H/B, I am officially worried about their getting that 3d spot at the Olys. I agree with someone previously saying that they have plateaued. And it pains me to say that because I love them!
I don’t think they have plateaued. It was their first time skating this in front of judges. They’ll go rework it now.