The Nordics Open 2022 | Golden Skate

The Nordics Open 2022

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Nordics Open 2022 will take place on Jan 26-30, 2022, in Copenhagen, Denmark, at the Bitcoin Arena. The event will feature competitors in the Singles' discipline (women and men) in the Junior and Senior categories and will coincide with "The Nordics" which is for the novice division. The competition will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2021, and the relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Team Finland

Seniors
Women: Jenni Saarinen, Linnea Ceder, Emmi Peltonen (substitutes Oona Ounasvuori, Laura Karhunen, Olivia Lisko)
Men: Valtter Virtanen, Makar Suntsev, Jan Ollikainen (substitutes Lauri Lankila, Nuutti Järvinen)

Juniors
Women: Janna Jyrkinen, Iida Karhunen, Petra Laine, Olivia Lisko (substitutes Rosa Reponen, Pihla Bergman, Nella Pelkonen, Minja Peltonen)
Men: Matias Lindfors, Arttu Juusola, Jari Krestiyannikov

Novice:
Girls: Rosa Reponen, Pihla Bergman, Lotta Artimo, Kiia Kurkinen (substitutes Wilma Levola, Amanda Eskelin, Ulla Nieminen)
Boys: Matias Heinonen, Anton Erkama, Benjamin Eriksson, Romulus Peltonen

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Team Denmark

Senior Men
Daniel Tsion, ESK
Nikolaj Mølgaard Pedersen, FSF

Senior Women

Maia Sørensen, HI-KU
Amalie Borup, FSF

Junior Women
Catharina Victoria Petersen, ESK
Anna-Flora Colmor Jepsen, HIKU
Babeth Hansson-Östergaard, SOS

Esther Dalum, ESK, 1st reserve
Selma Larsen, HI-KU, 2nd reserve
Annika Skibby, TSK, 3rd reserve

Novice Girls
Camilla Poulsen, FSF
Emilia Due Borch, HKF

Country
Norway
Team Norway:

Senior Women:

Frida Turiddotter Berge, AKK
Linnea Kolstad Kilsand, AKK
Silja Anna Skulstad Urang, BKK

Junior Women:

Ida Eline Vamnes, AKK
Oda Tønnesen Havgar, OI
Mia Caroline Riza-Gomes, SKK
Kaia Kleven, TSK

Reserve: Kamilla Elise Aaby, AKK

Novice Girls:

Pernille With, AKK
Hannah Christensen, OSK
Marie Markus, OSK
Celina Gretland, SSK

Reserve: Elea Rustgaard, AKK

Novice boys:

Daniil Valanov, BKK

Country
Norway
Team Sweden:

Senior women:

Julia Brovall
Emma Kivioja
Emelie Ling
Isabele Paulsson
Anita Östlund

Senior men:

Gabriel Folkesson
Oliver Praetorius

Junior women:

Josefin Brovall
Selma Hellström
Miranda Lundgren
Ellinor Nordqvist
Lise Trulsson

Junior men:

Adam Bjelke
Jonathan Egyptson
Casper Johansson
Andreas Nordebäck
Erik Pellnor

Novice Girls:

Tintomara Eklund Aspe
Nina Fredriksson
Leona Gebara
Elicia Ling
Fanny Szalkai
Hanne Trulsson

Novice boys:
Albin Samuelsson
Elias Sayed

Last edited:
Country
Norway
So I guess Nikolaj and Josefin are not on the Team because they should be prepared for OG, does that mean they Swedish Olympic committee finally came to their senses??!

Unless they gamble that they will make their requirements at Euros.

Btw, Sweden is sending quite a team. I´m wondering what is up with Matilda A. though, havn´t seen her a in a long time.

Is Finland really sending their Olympic Team to Nordics or are they planning to WD that is going? Emmi is already out because of injury, Jenni will probably go to Beijing.

It´s totally weird Nordics is in the end of January already, but i´m glad they arrange it before OG.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Team Finland

Seniors
Women: Jenni Saarinen, Linnea Ceder, Emmi Peltonen (substitutes Oona Ounasvuori, Laura Karhunen, Olivia Lisko)
Men: Valtter Virtanen, Makar Suntsev, Jan Ollikainen (substitutes Lauri Lankila, Nuutti Järvinen)

Juniors
Women: Janna Jyrkinen, Iida Karhunen, Petra Laine, Olivia Lisko (substitutes Rosa Reponen, Pihla Bergman, Nella Pelkonen, Minja Peltonen)
Men: Matias Lindfors, Arttu Juusola, Jari Krestiyannikov

Novice:
Girls: Rosa Reponen, Pihla Bergman, Lotta Artimo, Kiia Kurkinen (substitutes Wilma Levola, Amanda Eskelin, Ulla Nieminen)
Boys: Matias Heinonen, Anton Erkama, Benjamin Eriksson, Romulus Peltonen.
And because of injury, Emmi will be also replaced somebody, probably Oona also here. I think the one, probably Jenni, who will be selected to Olympics also will skip this and concentrate to it. Oona has a small chance to get the OC spot, but it means she had to skate 100 % clean at Euros and get at least 181,95 points In that case, if Oona could get it, Jenni's scores should be 19,28 points lower than Oona's (Yes, I love mathematic :ROFLMAO:). Based on rule the federation has, in singles two skater's best competition scores counted together will be count and the one of the senior's result must be CS or GP or Euro's. They haven't actually announced if the rule is the same as for worlds, but usually they have the same rules for OC.

So ladies' teams will more likely to be Linnea, Oona and Laura, if they all stay healthy. Oona does already have the TES for worlds, so Nordics is not important competition for her in that perspective.

Country
Norway
I have no idea, but hopefully soon. It will be interesting to see if there will be any other skaters from other countries as well. Deniss was there in 2019? or 2020?, it was an easy win for him to collect WR points. Wouln´t it be great if the US send a skater like Ilia to get his minimums for Worlds (Ok, I know he can´t go because he is first alternate for the Olympics), or Gracie Gold. In that case, I would book myself a flight to Denmark right away :ROFLMAO: We will not see skaters who go to Olympics or 4CC for that matter, 4CC will be the week before, but it also not far from Denmark, so who knows. There is still a lot of interesting skaters who don´t go to Olympics who might attend.

Since this competition is before Challenge Cup this year there might be a few other attending who wants to get the Worlds minimum. Bavarian Open who is the week before might be too close to Europeans for those who needs a bit of rest. Since the competition is in Denmark this year it´s much more available.

Country
Norway
Also, I wanted to comment on the fact that it will be arranged in something called Bitcoin Arena :ROFLMAO: I´m really interested in the story behind this name, was it build with the funding of someone who got rich from Bitcoin?

TimSparkle

Rinkside
Wouln´t it be great if the US send a skater like Ilia to get his minimums for Worlds (Ok, I know he can´t go because he is first alternate for the Olympics), or Gracie Gold. In that case, I would book myself a flight to Denmark right away :ROFLMAO:
Oh how did I have exactly the same thought, about the exact same skaters (Ilia & Gracie).

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Wow, Olga M! But isn´t she going to the Olympic?! It seems weird she will do this so close before departure. I suspect if she goes it´s because WR points so she can start in a later group in Beijing, but that seems risky taking the risk.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Maurizio Zandron is also scheduled to compete this week at Bavarian Open. So, if this is really happenening, he's doing three competitions in a row (he's not going to the Olympics, not a thing with him) which seems a bit much for any skater.

Country
Norway
Olga WD as well, as one would expect. Jenni Saarinen is out as well, which was also expected because she is most likely named for the Olympic Team, and Laura Karhunen has WD too.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Because of WDs Olivia Lisko competes in seniors and Rosa Reponen in juniors.

Important competition for some Finns, I'll return to it when the competition is about to begin.