Anastasia Zinina | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Zinina

LRK

Record Breaker
It's one of my favourite programs this seasoon. I love the music, the choreo and Nastya's performance to it. It's just one beautiful, flowing whole.

Wishing her better fortune in the free tooday.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It was quite the nailbiter at the free skate today, Nastya tried her Quad toes but fell on both so got the dreaded REP.

However the rest of the program was beautiful, I especially liked the choreo sequence (it's the first we've seen it as Junior Free programs don't have them.)

Unfortunately for the final group, but fortunately for Nastya all but one faltered and she managed to pick up silver!

Congratulations Nastya! šŸ„³

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Nastya isn't competing in Stage 5 of the Russian Cup, which means she'll miss senior Nationals. I wonder what's going on. It looks increasingly likely that she'll have to stay in Juniors next season.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nastya isn't competing in Stage 5 of the Russian Cup, which means she'll miss senior Nationals. I wonder what's going on. It looks increasingly likely that she'll have to stay in Juniors next season.
It's ridiculous and there's always a mystery about what's going on with these Russian girls and women. Qualifying for senior nationals at 14 would be more important than any medal she wins on the junior circuit this season. Nastyas peers are going to be there so she should be too if she qualifies.

No junior Grand Prix final no senior nationals. Probably no junior worlds unless she can be on the podium at junior Russian nationals and that's going to be several girls competing for silver and bronze there.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
According to Nastya's fan group on Instagram, they've changed the rules yet again and now if you've particicpated in the JGP one stage of the Russian Cup is enough to make it to Nationals (presumably if you show a good result). So she should be there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I've just found out some very exciting news!

Nastya is going to the Junior Grand Prix Final next week!

Unfortunately Isabeau Levito had to withdraw (no word on why, hopefully nothing serious)

Here's a post from Nastya's official fan group :)

This is a great opportunity for Nastya.
I just hope the American Girl isn't injured and they just decided not to send her halfway around the world in the middle of a pandemic when she had no chance to win. And as I understand it Japan is getting hit again with Coronavirus.

Back to NZ this is a golden opportunity for her most importantly to show the audience beautiful skating. Sofia has not skated in a long time and it will be interesting to see which one of the other Russian girls can give her a real challenge at the Junior Grand Prix final. Whoever does challenge SA will have to be very clean I would think.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unfortunately for Nastya (and all the others) the JGPF has been postponed (cancelled?) It should have been this weekend. :(

However! Nastya was among five Angels who were invited to Zasport's unveiling of the Russian Olympic uniform for Beijing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXV51ILgKtb and https://www.instagram.com/p/CXVB132loas - Nastya, Veronika Zhilina, Kirill Sarnovsky, Sofia Murareva and Sofia Titova represented the 5 Olympic Rings, which I thought was really cool. :biggrin:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Unfortunately for Nastya (and all the others) the JGPF has been postponed (cancelled?) It should have been this weekend. :(

However! Nastya was among five Angels who were invited to Zasport's unveiling of the Russian Olympic uniform for Beijing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXV51ILgKtb and https://www.instagram.com/p/CXVB132loas - Nastya, Veronika Zhilina, Kirill Sarnovsky, Sofia Murareva and Sofia Titova represented the 5 Olympic Rings, which I thought was really cool. :biggrin:
It's unbelievable the ISU did not have a plan B plan B plan C or plan D since they saw this coming from weeks ago. They should have moved the GPF once NHK was taking place and covid was on the rise big time in Japan.

This was a golden opportunity for Nastia. They could have moved the Grand Prix final to Sochi. Or Zagreb.

So they canceled the Grand Prix final 2 years in a row I guess they're gonna go for the hat trick next year huh? Hopefully they will have a plan B next year.

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Petersburg, meet up!

rQo-WgWbbn0.jpg

Stories @azinina07

LRK

Record Breaker
How shall I word this diplomatically? Let's call it... lack of reputation scoring.

ETA - It doesn't matter so much here, as she is not senioor eligible anyway - it's more concerning if this is a trend that continues into junior Nationals. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Short Program

Uploaded to VK, there is less risk that the video will be banned.

I don't understand why she has so low PCS.

Unfortunately it's in the name Nastya. ;) This Nastya has lots of style and grace and really nice artistry for 14 year old. Yes her PCS scores are way too low. Sad. PCS stores have infuriated me for years and continue to do so and I don't know why it's so hard to figure out.

Nastya should have scored higher. Good luck in the free skate to her and I hope she soaks up all of these thrills because it's something to build on.