2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS

Country
Norway
People tend to forget that beside the quad Anna has an insanely difficult layout with THREE 3+3's. Sure the Loop combo was messy, but she rotated it, and got negative GOE on it.
Her PCS was two points above Trusova and Tuktamysheva - fair enough to me.
And her lead from the short obviously was the reason for that she still medalled. Without it she would have been behind Petrosian and Samodelkina.
My problem is that some of her jumps don´t get called UR, while they call other skaters.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
No. She fell and underrotated at least two jumps, which is why she should have lost. That BV of hers should have been a lot lower.
Yep. The 4F wasn't even close and the 3loop was under. Also, with three triple/triple combos, she still only has seven triples. It simply allows her a second individual double axel instead of a double toe/loop on a combo. If she did a 3a, then it would be a big deal

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Well, I'm exhausted. Russian Nationals does that to you (and the champagne didn't help either).

But what a wonderful competition this was!!🍾🍾🍾

Kamila clean as a whistle was kinda expected. But still she blew my mind.

I am SUPER happy for Sasha. Clean-ish program and a well deserved silver medal. This is the first time she beats Anna in quite a few years!!

Anna was messy today, but she fought through, and she still medalled because of her big advantage from the short. Knowing Anna, this will only fuel her motivation more.

Super happy for Adelia and Samodelkina. Fantastic skates and names for the future.

Sinitsyna was also lovely as always. I hope she will still be in the National Team next year.

Tuktamysheva delivered at last in the free. But it wasn't enough unfortunately and she did have lower content than usual. No 3+3's. If she had skated clean in the short and upped her game in the free, she might have challenged Anna for that 3rd spot.

Remember, RusFed usually decides after Euros. I'm expecting them to send Kamila, Sasha and Anna there, but if anyone of them isn't on the podium I think Liza might have a chance at the Olympics. The Russians biggest enemy right now at Euros is Hendrickx.

Last edited:

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Kamila, Sasha and Liza Nugumanova
Wait, in your trinity "Sasha" Is Sasha Trusova or Sasha Samarin disguised in a woman's dress and trying to get to the Olympics at least like that? :laugh: I myself do not think that this is a good move - obviously Trusova will tear Samarin apart figuratively (on sport field) and litteraly (for encroaching on her Olympic ticket) :laugh: "Sasha, don't hit me with skates, they're sharp!" in a panic, Samarin shouted, "I just wanted to see the Olympics, at least in this way"

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Yes. Sending someone based on current seasons is crazy strategy if you want the best result. If you send someone who had a bad season you can´t really be surprised if the end up being off the podium. RusFed has so many strong good skaters in just so odd not to send the best skaters.

That said, I´m pretty sure they will send her. It´s quite obvious based on the scoring here they want to have her on the team. But I don´t think it´s a wise strategy.
Anna has the second highest international score this season behind Kamila and has won 2 grand prixs this season. It's not like she had a bad season at all or anyone else besides Kamila had a better season.

Smith16

Rinkside
Yes. Sending someone based on current seasons is crazy strategy if you want the best result. If you send someone who had a bad season you can´t really be surprised if the end up being off the podium. RusFed has so many strong good skaters in just so odd not to send the best skaters.

That said, I´m pretty sure they will send her. It´s quite obvious based on the scoring here they want to have her on the team. But I don´t think it´s a wise strategy.
Did Anna have a bad season or a bad competition? She won both her grand prixs.

starlight97

Final Flight
Well the protocols are out:

Valieva - no calls
Trusova - ! calls on her Flips and a q on 3T, steps 3
Petrosian - no calls but steps 3
Shcherbakova - no calls
Samodelkina - 4Sq, 4S<, spin 3V
Tuktamysheva - 3A<, spin 3V
Muravieva - no calls, steps 3
Khromykh - 3Lo<, steps 3, spin 3
I believe Anna deserves to be at the Olympics and she is a better skater and a better bet than Liza, BUT this truly is ridiculous. The reason why I don't much care is cause it doesn't change the overall picture - these junior girls can't do much with a bronze here, they mainly show up to do exactly that, show up and make a good impression. And they did. And even if she had finished in 5th she would be going to the Olympics and not them, so... it's like arguing if Kamila wins by 10 or by 30 points to me.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm not so sure it was a cross-fire.

Rather, someone may have used the unique opportunity to throw something at Eteri. :tantrum:
When I saw the avalance being hurled at Eteri, I figured it was some kind of celebratory prank to commemorate her 'sweeping the podium' with three of her TT skaters.

And for what it's worth, I, too, was concerned about both Sofias being placed under Anna in their combined totals, until I thought about all the extra points Anna had brought from the technical program, plus the fact her free program did deserve very high PCs. Also, it means more to have three senior-qualified podium finalists in an Olympic year; those who are juniors NOW will return to literally kick butt come the 2022-2023 season, when a few key senior members may have decided to retire. Therefore I decided not to worry about the seeming 'unfairness' of it.

Last edited:

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I think you guys should be VERY careful about karma. Since it strikes hard, real hard, but i guess haters just don't learn.
I’m not a hater. I’m a skating fan. A fan of all skaters and good skating.

Can you, S someone calling others haters, honestly justify Anna’s placement? And if so, please explain how.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
When I saw the avalance being hurled at Eteri, I figured it was some kind of celebritory prank to commemorate her 'sweeping the podium' with three of her TT skaters.

And for what it's worth, I, too, was concerned about both Sofias being placed under Anna in their combined totals, until I thought about all the extra points Anna had brought from the technical program, plus the fact her free program did deserve very high PCs. Also, it means more to have three senior-qualified podium finalists in an Olympic year; those who are juniors NOW will return to literally kick butt come the 2022-2023 season, when a few key senior members may have decided to retire. Therefore I decided not to worry about the seeming 'unfairness' of it.
One of the problems is that there are only 3 junior worlds spots, so if they called URs on Samodelkina to let Scherbakova ahead it will carry on to the junior nationals. With Akatyeva not being in this Nationals, one of these 3 girls will be out and I dunno if calls on Samodelkina and -1 for Murav’yeva is the message there. But, come January, maybe things would be forgotten. I sure hope so.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
One of the problems is that there are only 3 junior worlds spots, so if they called URs on Samodelkina to let Scherbakova ahead it will carry on to the junior nationals. With Akatyeva not being in this Nationals, one of these 3 girls will be out and I dunno if calls on Samodelkina and -1 for Murav’yeva is the message there. But, come January, maybe things would be forgotten. I sure hope so.
I've a pretty good idea that this particular Russian Nationals was a bit of a one-off due to extreme circumstances of that-which-cannot-be-mentioned; there was no way to hold a fair JGPF or GPF, even if that could have been done after all. We'll not know until the last minute if 4CC, Euros, Olympics, and/or World will be held or cancelled. Seems like it'd only be right to 'start over' July 1 of 2022, in determination of who gets GP and JGP spots, etc. Pretty sure I'm missing something, but like I said--I'm not going to worry about it. This seeming lineup of a Russian Olympics team may not come to pass due to more illnesses, injuries, or cancellations. If the world was 'normal' now as it was late 2019, I feel that details such as appearing to rig scores in order to place only eligible seniors on a Russian Nationals podium could be quite different, that is, much more 'fair'.