2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Yep, I was born on July 7th too. I'd be livid if I was her. Sofia Akatyeva would likely have placed second today. Why hold her back from competing when the judges are giving the marks to Muraviëva, Petrosyan, and Samodelkina??? Akatyeva is wayyyyy ahead of those girls.
Sadly all of them were born in the wrong year concerning the next olympics. Petrosyan will be what 18 close to 19 , same with akatyeva she will also be close to 19 the other girls too will be 18 and veronika zhilina will be 17 close to 18 . And if eteri doesnt change her method at least akatyeva and petrosyan will probabl have it really hard and depending on what the newer generation after them brings could have almost no shot at ths olympics in 2026. And with the others it depends on how they are beeing trained and hoe they will be holding up

Draculus

On the Ice
Possibly. If Anna has lost her quads, doesn’t have a triple axel and her technique appears to be failing- I wouldn’t hesitate to send Liza.
Hasn't Liza lost her 3a and her technique (no 3+3 at all) appears to be failing? If not - why Anna has?
I don’t see Olympic judges cheating for Anna.
Are Olympic judges somehow different from Worlds/GPF, they never mix?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I've a pretty good idea that this particular Russian Nationals was a bit of a one-off due to extreme circumstances of that-which-cannot-be-mentioned; there was no way to hold a fair JGPF or GPF, even if that could have been done after all. We'll not know until the last minute if 4CC, Euros, Olympics, and/or World will be held or cancelled. Seems like it'd only be right to 'start over' July 1 of 2022, in determination of who gets GP and JGP spots, etc. Pretty sure I'm missing something, but like I said--I'm not going to worry about it. This seeming lineup of a Russian Olympics team may not come to pass due to more illnesses, injuries, or cancellations. If the world was 'normal' now as it was late 2019, I feel that details such as appearing to rig scores in order to place only eligible seniors on a Russian Nationals podium could be quite different, that is, much more 'fair'.
I prefer the skaters to get the scores they earned and positioned according to performance in each individual competition in all cases.

Matthew

On the Ice
I wonder what deductions they’ll find for Sasha so Anna can go second again. Even my 8 year old child could see the UR’s.
There were no underrotations. Perhaps, one of the second jumps of combos or sequences were not fully rotated, but still less than a quarter, so, no underrotation, at all.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
And little Adelia there among the senior medalists :)
Well, I'm exhausted. Russian Nationals does that to you (and the champagne didn't help either).

But what a wonderful competition this was!!🍾🍾🍾

Kamila clean as a whistle was kinda expected. But still she blew my mind.

I am SUPER happy for Sasha. Clean-ish program and a well deserved silver medal. This is the first time she beats Anna in quite a few years!!

Anna was messy today, but she fought through, and she still medalled because of her big advantage from the short. Knowing Anna, this will only fuel her motivation more.

Super happy for Adelia and Samodelkina. Fantastic skates and names for the future.

Sinitsyna was also lovely as always. I hope she will still be in the National Team next year.

Tuktamysheva delivered at last in the free. But it wasn't enough unfortunately and she did have lower content than usual. No 3+3's. If she had skated clean in the short and upped her game in the free, she might have challenged Anna for that 3rd spot.

Remember, RusFed usually decides after Euros. I'm expecting them to send Kamila, Sasha and Anna there, but if anyone of them isn't on the podium I think Liza might have a chance at the Olympics. The Russians biggest enemy right now is Hendrickx at Euros.
:laugh:

But seriously, they also have to skate super well, even if they medal and beat the others.

Last edited:

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Hasn't Liza lost her 3a and her technique (no 3+3 at all) appears to be failing? If not - why Anna has?

Are Olympic judges somehow different from Worlds/GPF, they never mix?
Liza had landed 3axels though. Has Anna landed her quads?

Clearly you’re okay with judges giving insist skaters higher scores based on your personal bias.

It’s a shame. Why even have a competition if placements are decided before the competition begins?

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
It's not true. Many skaters have jumps with clear edges. Even when skaters have problems with edges, judges are not blind (or not always blind).
It seems I misinterpreted your original post a bit, my bad. I agree with you now.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I don't like to complain on scoring but I have to agree. I don't understand what merited Shcherbakova's placement. Her jumps were poor, she had one fall and one bad wobble, the skating was flat and insecure, and generally the program felt off. There were far better skates from other skaters that deserved more.
That being said, I understand the logic that her consistency means she's a better bet to go to the Olympics and giving her third place allows that. But her consistency is shot here.
What gets me is that had Shcherbakova been scored more realistically, she STILL would have been the 3rd ranked woman eligible for Euros/Olympics, so she would have gotten the spot. She had the advantage over Tuktamysheva from the SP and was good enough in the FS to hold that. I think it was a combination of reputation scoring and potentially wanting their Olympic entrants to be top 3 at Nationals. The difference in how they scored seniors vs. juniors was pretty striking, at least for me.
One of the problems is that there are only 3 junior worlds spots, so if they called URs on Samodelkina to let Scherbakova ahead it will carry on to the junior nationals. With Akatyeva not being in this Nationals, one of these 3 girls will be out and I dunno if calls on Samodelkina and -1 for Murav’yeva is the message there. But, come January, maybe things would be forgotten. I sure hope so.
Junior nationals is going to be intense this year!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
What gets me is that had Shcherbakova been scored more realistically, she STILL would have been the 3rd ranked woman eligible for Euros/Olympics, so she would have gotten the spot. She had the advantage over Tuktamysheva from the SP and was good enough in the FS to hold that. I think it was a combination of reputation scoring and potentially wanting their Olympic entrants to be top 3 at Nationals. The difference in how they scored seniors vs. juniors was pretty striking, at least for me.

Junior nationals is going to be intense this year!
They will be! Honestly, looking forward to it a lot!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What does nC stand for in Liza T spin in protocols?

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
How can say that? Did you see the replay?? Do you have eyes?

Obviously we have very different thoughts about what a downgrade is.

A quarter 45 degrees is a 'q', 45-90 degrees is a UR, more than 90 degrees is a downgrade
watch the replay again :)

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
Do any of the Russian fans actually believe Anna deserved to get 158??

If Rika fell on a 4S and got anything even close to that, half of the Russian Women's forum would implode.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
watch the replay again :)
As I said, we have a very different view on what a downgrade is. Look at Sinitsyna and her unfortunate last combo. She landed forward on her last 2T, and so it was downgraded. No way that Anna was landing forward on that 3Loop.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Do any of the Russian fans actually believe Anna deserved to get 158??

If Rika fell on a 4S and got anything even close to that, half of the Russian Women's forum would implode.
You obviously don't grasp the maths of figure skating jumping. Rika is not comparable as she has not the BV that Anna has. If Anna misses her quad, the rest of her program is stacked with money grabbing jumps. Rika doesn't have that.