2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS

brigit66

On the Ice
You obviously don't grasp the maths of figure skating jumping. Rika is not comparable as she has not the BV that Anna has. If Anna misses her quad, the rest of her program is stacked with money grabbing jumps. Rika doesn't have that.

lol Rika has good lutz, anna doesnt.Today, in that entire free skate, she was just dragging herself around, the step sequence was one of the slowest I have seen

Martins123

Rinkside
only just got to watching this - a long and fun christmas day for me! I see a mighty 650 replies to catch up on :0 may as well put it all together (not spoiled for me, watching as though live, following the conversation)

I loved Polina's music today (a personal fave) and I felt it was a good programme: shame about the lutz and flip and a bit of scruffiness at the end, but it contrasted so much to yday when I didnt enjoy the music nor the skate - shows how much music matters
I don't think she takes the meaning in. Not listening or maybe not even understands it.
to be fair, I'm a native English speaker and I've listened to this song maybe 20 times, and I've never clocked the lyrics - it's more about melody than lyrics anyway...

wasn't too keen on the music of Veronika Y but what a skater! carried way more energy through the programme than Polina it has to be said :D

Really loved Anastasia's programme - so much talent! I actually enjoyed the music, felt she carried it :D

Sad for Sofya - shame about the jumps, i thought it was a beautiful soundtrack and really wonderfully interpreted

Unfortunate falls for Zhinina, but she has so much potential and tbh i think it's good she went for the quad even if it didn't work out to future proof her career. that said, the second one was pretty scary...

Maia :( just really looked like the wind had been taken out of her sails. poor girl, i feel for her, and the immense pressure she's under too...
217.18 won't make it at Russian Nats :(
No - and she would have placed 3rd at Japanese nationals (accounting for inflation in RusNats as against Japanese Nationals), which is really saying something because Japanese ladies aren't exactly slackers. I think it's harder to make Russian national team than Olympic top 5...

Ksenia second StSq2?? i think. looked severely UR on the double toe, as though the foot just came out under her. Nice to see a quad attempt, shame it didnt work out. But I really love the choreo and interpretation and details, one of my fave skaters :D

Glad to see Liza landing her jumps. Her programme is good fun but I have to be honest I'm not sure it's the best for her - I love the sass and seductive aspects but it doesn't allow her to show off speed and power imo - and the cool choreo is all standstill. I felt like there was a bit of GOE inflation (not a popular opinion I know) - but it's lovely to see her do well and land her jumps!

Petrosian is a new fav of mine - tiny but she really whizzes across the ice and holds such a good performance. I like the Billie Eilish, less keen on Paint it Black. Amazing two quad loops - don't see too many of those about. That said not sure how i feel about 3 loops in a row... - bit of variation please!! She really does interpret the music beautifully, although that cut was g r o s s. I love the knee slide and ending the programme on the ice. Give her triple axel and maybe another quad and imo she could be on many podiums in the future...

My heart was absolutely in my throat for Sasha but my goodness she smashed it! 3/4 quads, sensible decision to stick with 2A for now. I am so so happy for her, and no injury I can see either. What an athlete. I would love to see a bit more choreo and interpretation in the future (admittedly some GOE and PCS inflation, but still: topped most the others fair and square). Coupled with a bit more consistency and a triple axel and who knows... she could challenge Valieva at the Olympics?!!! She must go now, right!!?!

Amazing three quads, including our first Sals, from Sofia S!! Great skater, felt like it dipped a bit in the middle. Very confusing music but definitely a strong performer :D

Two 3As from Sofia M as well, how fantastic! That first 3A was gorgeous, best one today imo! Great pace and interpretation, love the skating. I enjoy the soundtrack, especially the Lana part, although I'm not sure I would have appreciated The Great Gatsby at that age ahahaha. On another note, the spider camera cam (when not used for spins) is growing on me to be honest...

I know not her strongest technically, but Anna's performance really highlighted what a gorgeous skater she is, great PCS well deserved. Still will go to Olympics before Liza as far as I can tell

Valieva's performance was breathtaking. I mean, i forgot to check her TES before she finished, had to rewind, that's how caught up I was in the music, my goodness! She just seems so solid. If she does eventually win the Olympics, she really does deserve it! The GOE is slightly inflated but imo she deserves the highest PCS in the competition for this FS.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yep, I was born on July 7th too. I'd be livid if I was her. Sofia Akatyeva would likely have placed second today. Why hold her back from competing when the judges are giving the marks to Muraviëva, Petrosyan, and Samodelkina??? Akatyeva is wayyyyy ahead of those girls.
Not anymore. Samo and petro are closing the gap and got this magnificent experience of their 1st senior nationals while SA has not skated for like 2 and a 1/2 months.

Junior Russian nationals should be incredible for the girls.

I am also sick Sofia was not at senior nationals. I think they made up this
BS rule and held her back because because they did not want to do to her what they did to Samo which was hold the score down. The fed also did not want her outscoring Anna and sasha which may very well have happened.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Please, Rusfed, send Anna to Olympics. Wide open door for Japan, US or Korea. This program would've scored no higher than 140 by international panel. Between ice dance and women, Eteri is sabotaging Russian medal chances in individual and team events. Also, does Rusfed think that China will let in Olympic athletes with poz Covid test? The dearth of masks seems to indicate that!

Of course they're going to send Anna to the Olympics.

Seriously what American Girl is going to challenge Anna and all her 3 +3 s? Karen who doesn't even do one?

Anna had one off skate by her standards and still scored almost 240 points. And if you say internationally it would be 10 points less no girl from Korea America or Japan is gonna get to 230.

The overreaction to Annas average skate is unreal.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well here I am...

Oh Mr Lakernik...I do hope you've learnt how to press buttons today. Sure hate for something like yesterday to happen on your watch again. How embarrassing for you and your Federation, I'd sure feel like an idiot if I were you 🙄

Zhenya Med! She looks so cute in her Christmas sweater! I hope she's having fun. Do they have special Christmas themed food at this event.

Oops technical difficulties.

Group 1

Ksenia G - What a fabulous costume and what a brilliant program! Very well done!

I see it took ages for her score to come...move it along judges we all know how IMPORTANT time is, can't waste a single second, don't you know there's consequences to that?

Liza! Aww Liza, fight Empress! Fight!

Nastya Z! I hope she kills it.

Honestly, I love Ted's ice cream discourse, but this is a joke. After yesterday what BS.

I'm experiencing schaudefraude right now, poor Ksenia and the rest of girls, but the RusFed sure do deserve to look this incompetent and ridiculous. Who knows maybe it'll give them some time to consider how Sofia M and Nastya Z felt yesterday. Self-reflection is very good for you.

Arina - Egyptian hands incoming. I'm into it and the techno bit, so sue me ;)

Aww she's cute in the KnC saying hello to everyone!

Don't know the score...

Polina - I found out she's Leonid's sister, which seems obvious now. Leonid did some choreography work with the Academy (he might still be there?) - Sofia Sarnovskaya the Younger's FS I think. It was really good!

Wow amazing opening jump! But did she have to use this version of Experience, it's Hella depressing.

Oh dear, she started so amazingly, but it kinda fell apart at the end. I still kinda liked it in the end despite the music.

Veronika Y - Already dynamite in the opening seconds! The dress really accents it :biggrin:

She's super fast too! Great energy and oooo a cantilever.

Nice score! And listen to the support from the crowd!

Veronika P - Oof starts off well but the jumps are getting away from her a bit.

Hey this is Romeo and Juliet, not Chess? Or maybe it's a mix.

Oh dear finished behind the music too...

Yikes 5 deductions!

Valeriia - Looking elegant as always! Liza music aww :(

She's doing great though, love the dress.

Group 2

I'm so nervous for Nastya Z... I want her to do awesomely so much. Land those quads, Nastya, make those judges and the Federation sorry.

I hope Maiia comes back too, I like her a lot.

And Liza, I hope Liza can do it, c'mon Empress, we believe!

Argh I read ahead again and saw Sofia Samodurova had a rough skate. They did her dirty...as soon as Anna, Sasha and Aliona became age eligible they dropped her like a stone. If they weren't judging her correctly before that's on their heads. Building her up to tear her down, no wonder she's so unhappy. Absolutely shameful.

Hey Irina S! 🤩 Old school!

Hey Ari! And is that Anton S next to him? He's head of the St Petersburg Skating Federation now.

OK here we go Nastya M - very nice costume. Not so nice music, I usually like Celine (my taste, you know, it's terrible ;) ), but yeah no on this one.

Argh crap I just saw bad news about Nastya Z...but I don't know how awful I don't want to look. I bet they put her in last place...and now the Fed will be all "See you're just not up to it. Maybe figure skating isn't for you. Good luck in your future endeavours."

Sofia Samodurova - Since I know about the disaster I'm not sure I want to watch. Honestly I think the Fed get off watching her face crumble and her heart shatter in the KnC.

Nastya Z - The judges really set her up to fail...how is she supposed to skate her best after such a crap score yesterday? Her mind will be an absolute jumble, her confidence shattered. Even if two quads are a stupid idea she'll do them anyway. She skates her absolute best yesterday and gets below 70 what else can she do? She can't make her PCS better in 1 day, so she can only up her tech. They pulled the same crap with Sasha last season. History repeating.

I'm already crying for her. It's so unfair, but why should the Federation care they've got fifty Crystal skaters ready to go.

The other coaches should call their bluff and quit en masse. Let's see how well they do when Crystal has to coach HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of girls.

I can't watch any more.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Valieva is a monster. In a good way.
Agreed. She is the KaMonster! ;)

It's just hard to believe a lady'skater is scored 250 to 280 points this season. I never thought I would see that. Unreal. It was a great competition especially the final group.

Country
Norway
Anna has the second highest international score this season behind Kamila and has won 2 grand prixs this season. It's not like she had a bad season at all or anyone else besides Kamila had a better season.

Did Anna have a bad season or a bad competition? She won both her grand prixs.

When I say bad, I mean that her season hasn´t been as good as the last one and not her usual standard. When we know what she has done before, I don´t really think she or her team are very happy with what she has delivered. Of course if you compare to most skaters she is still one of the best skaters, but if she delivers like this at OG she might not get even medal. I say this to be realistic, not because I don´t think Anna is a good skater, because she is! I have rewatched her FS from last year Nationals several times, because it´s simply one of the most impressive things I have seen. So I have nothing against her!

Her international scores this season is 229,69 (IdF) , 236,78 (Gran Premio) and 222,73 at Budapest Trophy. She won twice and got a silver, but she didn´t compete against her biggest contenders in any of the competitions and was only up against Aloina and Kseniia S in idF and Maiia K and Sofia S in Italy. What gives me doubt, is that she scored under 80 points in her SP in all of them, her highest SP score was 77,94, and lowest one 71,73!

What worries is that she hasn´t had an event yet where she delivered 2 clean programs. In Budapest Trophy her triple triple combo was under in the SP and she also got a q on her lutz, in the FS she fell on her only quad and she lost to Maiia. In Italy she made a huge mistake in the SP on her combo and delivered only a 3Lz-2T and was 3rd overall in the SP. However she came back in the FS, but only with one quad, but her program was clean. In France she delivered a clean SP where she scored her highest SP score with 77,94 points. In her FS she she went for 2 quads but first quad she fell on the entrance so both zero points and a fall. It has been discussed if it was because of poor ice quality but we will never know. Her FS as we know from this weekend, there was only one quad which she fell on, and several other mistakes in the FS, which is probably the worst FS she has delivered.

I´m pointing all this out because it isn´t just one event she has been struggling, but because there is something in every event this season and for me it seems like she is struggling with certain jumps or an injury. We have not seen her land a quad lutz this season, she has not delivered 2 quads in her FS and she fell on her flip twice. She also had problem with her 3Lz-3Lo combo several times. The thing is, even if she is excellent with her other elements and delivers a difficult FS layout, she needs those ultra-C elements in OG. If she wants to be on the podium she can not fall on her one quad and make a combo mistake, if other delivers. And if she makes mistakes in the SP she might even not make the final group in OG and that might affect her overall score. At OG she will be against all the best skaters and she might not get the same PCS-marks as in the GP events simply because she will be compared to better skaters in Beijing, which she wasn´t in her 2 GP events this season.

It´s not easy though to say who would be better to send if not her. She and Liza T is very even this season. Liza has a mean overall score of 231 points this season for the 3 international events, and Annas mean is 229 points for the same, but has the second highest overall score. It´s hardly any difference. Liza though has the most stable Ultra-C element: Including this event she had 11 successful 3A with with only minor mistakes, one of them with a q. The first 3A fall of the season was this weekend. She has scored over 80 points in all of her SP internationally this season. Liza though makes small mistakes with other elements and of course she didn´t deliver this weekend when it counted the most. It´s just a shame we won´t see them against each other this season, except truly shady judging at Nationals. It´s really sad that GP final was cancelled in that matter.

Anna will go to EC, and I think how she delivers there will say a lot more about what shape she is and her chances of a OG-medal. Maybe her 2 quads will be back, or she will skate everything clean with one quad - that would probably do it. If there is one thing that Anna is good at, is fighting back and showing people they should not count her out. But so far this season i´m not convinced and a bit worried about her current development.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes! Scott has promoted her from KaMissle to KaMonster!

You get no argument from me.
I guess she is both the KaMissile and KaMonster! :)

Seriously though how will KV handle the pressure of European's Olympics and worlds back-to-back the back to close out her senior debut season? So far nothing seems to be bothering her and she has been getting better believer or not throughout the entire season.
If we are seeing her wind by scores we've never seen before.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I guess she is both the KaMissile and KaMonster! :)

Seriously though how will KV handle the pressure of European's Olympics and worlds back-to-back the back to close out her senior debut season? So far nothing seems to be bothering her and she has been getting better believer or not throughout the entire season.
If we are seeing her wind by scores we've never seen before.
I think she will handle it well. She seemed very focused here at Russian Nationals, which is a real pressure-cooker.
And she really does seem to be "peaking' at the right time. With each competition, she gets stronger and more confident.
If she remains confident, and barring any fluke mishaps, she should dominate the Olympics like Plushy in 2006 and Yuna Kim in 2010.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think she will handle it well. She seemed very focused here at Russian Nationals, which is a real pressure-cooker.
And she really does seem to be "peaking' at the right time. With each competition, she gets stronger and more confident.
If she remains confident, and barring any fluke mishaps, she should dominate the Olympics like Plushy in 2006 and Yuna Kim in 2010.
Remember the KV we saw at test skates back in September? She's come a long way since then it's hard to imagine she can get better from this point on but who knows.

I just hope coronavirus does not ruin the rest of the season like it did the GP final. But no one knows what's going to happen it's very scary and these athletes need to be commended.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching the ladies free skate and JPN men’s free skate, back to back. I couldn’t watch them live.

All I have to say is I have a new Russian Lady to watch out for. As noted in my SP commentary, Veronika Y. was the one who stunned me the most with her ice coverage and program out of the ladies who ended up in the bottom 6. Now in the free skate, she dazzled me again with her her speed and coverage and I loved her program. I’m glad she was able to move up to #10. But, the question is, will I get to see this stunning athlete in an international event or is she forever stuck in domestic events? Sigh….the depth of Russia is too high that athletes like her become forgotten. I’m kind of hoping she “Gubanovas”her way to another country 🤪;

Kseniia - I love her so much. Her programs are fantastic and she had no choice, but, to go for a 4T, if she wanted to move up in the standings. It will be sad to me if she doesn’t get an international assignment next year. She did really well at both her events with a 5th and 4th place and I would love to see her perform two new programs internationally next year. But, I think she is dependent on the retirement of others above her, for this to happen 😣; I wish her SA score was higher than Zinina. So, she could have a better chance 🙁; Panova is a coach who has a good eye in selecting programs for her athletes.

Maia - that was gutsy to go for 4S and then a 4T. I think her 4Ts are solid as she consistently lands them in practice. I wish she just stuck with just this quad. But, I think Eteri knew she needed two different quads to increase difficulty overall with program by repeating two triples instead and upping the technical content. I loved her entry into the triple loop, even though she fell. She will be second alternate for the Olympics and deserved her 8th place finish here. Maia can be rest assured that she has at least two Senior GP events guaranteed for next year.

Elizaveta - I have mixed feelings here. Besides the stumble, she skated this program like she did internationally and only placed 6th in the free skate portion, unable to move up any higher. I thought after her performance that she would surpass the Juniors. But, at the time, I was unaware how good the Juniors would end up being, later on. In my opinion, she deserved 6th place, higher than Anna, but, lower than Sofia M. She is a solid first alternate for the Olympics and with injuries and positive COVID cases, she should consider herself lucky to be a back up. You never know what will happen. She seemed happy enough talking to Trusova in the kiss n cry. This year placing 7th again. She mentioned in an interview that after this Olympic season, her goal would be to try to land a 4T in an international event. I’m not sure where Ted gets this information about retirements, etc. I don’t think he knows what he is talking about.

Sofia M. 😭😭😭😭 My princess skated the event of her life and was placed 6th here. She was in panic mode when she was falling with her 3A element during practice and when it counted, she landed a lovely 3A 2T and then stumbled in her second 3A. Considering how her practice went, I was ecstatic she was able to deliver what she delivered. She then forgot about ultra-c elements and skated an actual choreographed program and when the scores were posted, she was the lowest out of the top 8 ladies. How? The Plushenko camp was upset and so was I. She scored way higher than her peers internationally. Adeliya was at 60 PCS in Kosice with Sofia M at 65. The judges clearly see what I see. Everyone’s PCS score went up by 5-7 marks. But, Sofia M. only went up by 2. I was so upset. This made a difference. In my opinion, they suppressed the Juniors to make way for the Seniors. But, do they really need to shatter the spirit of these up and coming young athletes. She was my pick for bronze medal here. The only comfort I have at this moment, is she currently has two Senior GP events. But, this can change if Adeliya and Sofia S. make it to Junior Worlds and outscore her there. Junior GP finals was an event that would have given athletes like Sofia M and Adeliya an opportunity to surpass Daria’s 217 score to guarantee a spot internationally in Senior Grand Prix events.

Adeliya was spectacular with her two landed 4 Lo’s. She really skated both programs the best she could and I loved that mini fist pump at the end of her program. She was my pick for fifth place. She is solid and could go to Junior Worlds with this quad, that only she has mastered. So, I appreciate her improvement here and have had respect for her.

Sofia S.. 😭😭 I was wowed by her 4Lz and 4S’s. She got called on her under rotations, which were deserved, because I noticed them too. I loved her program and I take a mini victory in knowing that she finally got a 68 in PCS score. I was expecting them to deflate her score further and was happy it stopped with just under rotation calls. She was my 4th place pick at this event. If she misses out of qualifying for Juniors Worlds, will she be stuck in Juniors with Akatieva again, despite landing 3As, 4S’s and a 4Lz? Right now, her season best is below Sofia M., Adeliya, Anastasia Z, and Kseniia. So, she doesn’t even have a senior spot and Russia could have their 5th place finisher at Nationals, with no Senior GP events next year.

Anna S. I love her so much. But, she really survived here with a bronze medal 🥉 despite not landing any quads or triple axels. Wow! I was cheering her on, as I wanted her on the Olympic team, but, cringed at her lutz loop combo and her Euler combo. Her triples are really unimpressive, especially, after skating after the two Sofia’s. Her spins and speed across the ice is slow. I thought there was no way she would be higher than the three Juniors. But, thought, it was just enough to hang on over Elizaveta. I was surprised her TES score didn’t go down, at all. She was my pick for 6th place. Everyone says, she was much higher after SP. True. But, she was on par with Muravieva and Sofia was much better technically and artistically. With that said, she earned her Olympic spot and for those saying there needs to be a skate off with Elizaveta at Europeans, NO WAY! This was the skate off and Anna has beaten Elizaveta at last years Russian Nationals, Worlds, WTT, and here. That is four times in a row. Stop trying to make Elizaveta happen! The downfall, is Anna might have lost her opportunity for Olympic gold. Right now, I have no idea who should skate the Team event alongside Kamila. Alexandra versus Anna at Europeans could answer that question.

Trusova, OMG! She did it! I was fist pumping as she fought through her quads. Her 4Lz’s are her most solid quads and left till the second half. One has to wonder and marvel at her guts and determination here. She earned that silver medal. I will never understand the PCS score, given it is just a jump to jump program. Judges really should score PCS accordingly. They should know, that even with less points in PCS, her technical content was too impressive and she was a solid silver. But, they need to judge what skaters do out there. I’m kind of hoping she gets to skate for gold at the team event. I’m not sure how they will choose between her and Anna. Like is said, I hope they make it clear that Europeans will decide their fate to make it fair.

Kamila, well, she skated the best back to back programs here. Her 4Ts are spectacular to watch and I gasp at how high she explodes on these elements. A well deserved gold. But, Trusova is really breathing down her back and I think a quad less team of Elizaveta and Anna would have made it easy to get the gold at the Olympics. Trusova is her biggest challenger for gold, given that she could pull out a test event skate to steal her thunder. Kamila’s PCS score was obviously too high 😳

I think Kamila, Alexandra and Anna solidified their three spots. Having three juniors place behind them, only pushes them further away from Elizaveta. Two of the 3As have managed to survive puberty and at 17, have qualified for the Olympics, after three seasons. So, there is longevity in the sport. It’s just that skaters like Zagitova lose interest after an Olympic cycle because Eteri is a bit much and I can’t imagine going at it, season after season with this coach breathing down my back. I wonder who will continue after this season. I will be sad if there are some retirements, but, happy at the same time with Juniors and Kseniia getting their spots.

Overall, unhappy with the results. But, satisfied with the three that were chosen to make it to the Olympics and it does sound better when the top three make it to the Olympics. Will be rooting for Sofia, Adeliya, Sofia (SAS) next year. These three will be my favourite seniors next year. So, I look forward to the future.

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Will be rooting for Sofia, Adeliya, Sofia (SAS) next year. These three will be my favourite seniors next year. So, I look forward to the future.
Are we sure they will move up to seniors that soon? Valieva and Trusova (top girls here) aren't going anywhere...

Though, in juniors Akatieva and Zhilina are tough rivals too 🤔

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are we sure they will move up to seniors that soon? Valieva and Trusova (top girls here) aren't going anywhere...

Though, in juniors Akatieva and Zhilina are tough rivals too 🤔
It will be tough. I think that the priority for these athletes, is to get a Senior GP Spot as soon as they can. This year, Maia got her two spots and Daria and Samodurova each got one spot due to Zagitova and Medvedeva retirements. They base the spots on the season best list. Which is why Kseniia was locked into her two spots as she had posted a higher score than Daria and Maia. Can you imagine this season without Maia and Daria. They were lucky to get the spots and as soon as the spots became open, they seized the opportunity. Right now, we have the following:

Valieva, Trusova, Anna S, Elizaveta, Maia, Aliona, Daria - 14 spots

This means there are only three spots up for grabs

Sofia. M
Adeliya
Anastasia Z
Kseniia S
Sofia S.

These five fill up the next few spots and there are only three spots left to fill 😞
If Sofia S doesn’t make it to Junior Worlds, she is too behind to get a spot. She is the one id be heartbroken for. But, if she does make it to Worlds and based on how she is skating, I can see her surpassing the skaters above her. Which leaves me with mixed sentiment, because I also love Sofia M and Adeliya. I really wish the top 6 at Seniors had some sway to getting international assignments like they do in Japan. But, Maia placed 5th last year at Nationals, and she was put originally given with only one assignments. While, Kseniia had two. So, this shows that they just pick from the season best list and assign spots based in this list. Also, if Grand Prix Finals does happen, this means Sofia M, Adeliya and Anastasia Z could have another opportunity, to improve their season best score, as well. It is Hunger Games battle for these spots, as I see the three that placed 4th to 6th at Nationals, with the ability to outscore Daria’s 217, despite Juniors scoring less. They just need to give given the opportunity and to land their ultra-c elements like they did at Nationals.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
the last moments of petrosian on the ice - is laying on the ice allowed?
Yeah, that stood out to me too, I'm watching the rest of the event now...

The camera work is so weird, why are they randomly showing Plushy after Adeliya P? Like what are they trying to say? "Hey this is what a two quad program from an a competent skater with a real coach looks like, you hack"?

Anyway Adeliya had an amazing FS 2 quad loops! You go girl!

The Russian Missile is followed by the Rocket. I wonder why she was wearing her old costume here but the new one at the Medal Ceremony. Guess it needed alterations.

Sasha killed it for sure. You go girl! Get that spot! Love the crowd support.

Sofia Samodelkina, she's got great nerves! Going after Sasha and everything. The audience is getting a wonderful show!

Sofia has really nice jumps. Although I'm not into this version of Carmen, the costume is different from expected and really nice!

Wow she and Adeliya are so close in score.

Sofia M - She looks nervous!

Those 3As! Go girl!

:laugh: at Dima M in the background there, he's like "I don't wanna look, but I better look" ;)

You know, someone once made a fan video of this song with Plushy and it's special to me. Although, I guess the answer to the question "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?" from his point of view is a big fat no. TheRusFed would much prefer "Hit the Road, Jack"

Anyway, beautiful program, Sofia is amazing, she should be higher, I know it, you know it and the RusFed know it. Rumours are strong that Crystal is showing a big interest in her...watch this space.

I don't really have an opinion on Anna S and Kamila, they're amazing skaters and everything, but I'm not emotionally touched by them for whatever reason so can't really comment.

I did forget to mention Liza who I did watch, she really is a star and I'm so happy she had the crowd on her side for this event.

Very sorry for Maiia though 😔 not her competition for sure. She had a very rough landing on one of her jumps I hope her knee is OK.

And in closing its nice to see a stuffielanche again :p