2022 European Championships: Men's Free Skate | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Men's Free Skate

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
No I won't stop.

Russian men are treated like shit here, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the cruel taunts, I'm sick of posters mocking their programs, I'm sick of been made to feel like a shit fan because I support and enjoy them.

And Zhenya's not going to the Olympics now and you're all cheering. You're awful all of you, how dare you take such pleasure in his failure. He's a human being with hopes and feelings. They all are.

But all you people see is a flag.
No, that's the only thing the judges see. It has to be, when landing jumps during an entire skate with no crisp edges gets you 90 PCS and an European gold.

Maybe the fans would be more open to Russian skaters if their federation was not activelly tainting their sporting careers with an overdose of background politics. Just a thought.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gotta take my BIL to buy lottery tickets ahead of the named winter storm..because we all know what is important when storms come. Not bread, not milk, but lottery tickets.

Congrats to all medalists!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think what actually going to happen with Russian Olympic team, is that Mozalenko both might remain home, and Samarin is called up, because their performance in the free didn’t earn medals.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But.....Patrick Chan did get strong criticism, both from commenters AND commentators.
But there's plenty of people who'll defend him, plenty.

But try and defend a Russian man...

If there'd been a Russian hopeful against Chan I bet you a trillion dollars that criticism would have washed away.

At least own your bias. If the judges get called on it so should all of you.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I always thought Kondratyuk will split it with Kolyada. As for for Mozalev, he will remain first alternative. Unfortunately, 4S got him again.
Mozalev shouldn't be 1st alternate. He's beaten Semenenko both of their head to heads, Nationals and Euros.

But I'm guessing the Mishin factor (and Evgeni's GP bronze) will send Semenenko to the Olympics. It's not like Mishin hasn't ever politicked well enough to send a skater who lost a head-to-head to the Olympics over someone who beat them.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think what actually going to happen with Russian Olympic team, is that Mozalenko both might remain home, and Samarin is called up, because their performance in the free didn’t earn medals.

Sokolovskaya's already having one skater. Tuktamysheva will be snubbed because of Eteri probably.

So to appease the Mishin camp, Semenenko will likely be the 3rd guy going.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Sokolovskaya's already having one skater. Tuktamysheva will be snubbed because of Eteri probably.

So to appease the Mishin camp, Semenenko will likely be the 3rd guy going.
This is my feeling as well. Mozalev just didn’t do enough unfortunately. But I will hope for him to be fantastic in Cup of Russia and get selected for GP. Depending on how the other Russians do, he might have a chance at worlds, but I am not sure.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No I won't stop.

Russian men are treated like shit here, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the cruel taunts, I'm sick of posters mocking their programs, I'm sick of been made to feel like a shit fan because I support and enjoy them.

And Zhenya's not going to the Olympics now and you're all cheering. You're awful all of you, how dare you take such pleasure in his failure. He's a human being with hopes and feelings. They all are.

But all you people see is a flag.
Many of us loves Russian men/women/Pairs & Ice Dance teams. Some even all of them. I understand you're angry but not everyone is out there to shit on Russians. Personally I would love Mozalev on podium, but unfortunately he did not skate clean today. And we are allowed to be happy for Daniel and Deniss, who skated great, so they are on podium becuase of doing amazing. I must say, I was glad that no Russian bombed today. All of them fought. And in many years that would be enough to podium, but not today.

Warwick360

Medalist
But there's plenty of people who'll defend him, plenty.

But try and defend a Russian man...

If there'd been a Russian hopeful against Chan I bet you a trillion dollars that criticism would have washed away.

At least own your bias. If the judges get called on it so should all of you.
Nope. You presume too much.

Every time Chan was skating, and falling towards the end, and still earning massive scores, I've been against it.

Be it when against Daisuke or against Denis Ten. But Chan doesn't skate currently. And no matter which ever discipline you look, there is politics going on right now. So, while staying in the NOW, instead of the PAST, I can't agree or believe that the judges, if asked on the spot, will be able to justify their PCS scoring. Better chance of seeing unicorn flying over the Great Wall, once cometh the Olympics.

Lzbee

Final Flight
I would argue that Andrei has decent performance skills out of the Russian skaters, it's Mark's PCS which is far too high at this point.

I hope team Mozalev works on back-up jump layouts for when pops happen, he could have saved a medal by not zayaking.
I'm not sure if Andrei knew it would be counted as a 3S. He looked pretty nervous today and it was very in between.