2022 Bavarian Open | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Bavarian Open

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There seems to be a lot of fans if Russian girls here, someone had a very Aliona like dress on and another seemed to be channeling Sasha's red hair ;) now there's a girl with a very Alina POTO-like costume. She seems to be having trouble with her music though. :(

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Music issues for the following skater, Kira THURNER.

And the same again when she got back into position.

It was funny, the second time the wrong music started playing, she put her hand to her head, clearly angry.

Hopefully it will be third time lucky.

She's skating around now looking lost for what to do.

Now she's come off the ice and somebody else is skating around.

I've no idea what is happening.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And now she's left...I wonder if she's coming back or has had to withdraw.

Maybe it's not the music? Hope she's OK!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now she's left...I wonder if she's coming back or has had to withdraw.

Maybe it's not the music? Hope she's OK!

The announcer has said they are continuing with the next skater. But, she didn't say that Kira has withdrawn.

So, I wonder if they have realised that the issue will take a while to sort out, so have put the next skater on while it is being worked on, so as not to get too far behind schedule. And will then bring Kira back either after her, or after the resurfacing.

I hope that is what is happening.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, the Group 3 Warm-Up has started, and there is still no sign of Kira THURNER doing her Free Skate.

However, when the table with the current standings was on the screen, she wasn't listed at the bottom as "W/D". In fact, she wasn't mentioned at all. So, it could be that she is still taking part, but has to wait until the end so as not to throw everybody else's start times off. (We are already running 5 minutes behind).

I don't know. It is so long since we last had a situation where a skater has to miss their turn due to technical problems that I can't remember what the procedure is.

Anyway, here we go!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just when it looked like we were going to go a full segment without Billie Eilish making an appearance. :rolleye:

Still don't understand what all the fuss is about with Billie Eilish. She's not a great singer, and the songs are even worse.

Thanks a lot Lison AGRAPART (FRA).

Never come across the name "Lison" before. It's nice.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
7 girls on the ice for this final group Warm-Up. And it is scary how crowded the ice is! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is it just me, or does anybody else think Barbora TYKALOVA (CZE) might be a fan of Aljona Savchenko?

Sorry, I always think of her and Bruno when I hear Caro Emerald's "That Man".

Strange combining it with "Tu Vuò Fà L'Americano". And the skating gods must have thought the same, because Barbora had a very strange fall just after the change in music.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, Petra LAHTI has just closed off the segment, and we are going to have a resurfacing. So, it looks like Kira THURNER will not be skating after all.

As this is a Novice competition, we probably won't find out what happened, and why she is not returning.

Anyway, we have a long break of nearly an hour now, presumably for dinner. And then back into our other Advanced Novice Ladies FS segment.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After an extra-long break, it is now time to finish off the Advanced Novice Ladies competitions.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Ladies I FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 5h 24m 31s):
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x876u8r

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/BO2022_AdvancedNoviceGirlsI_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/SEG022.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, going to have to leave now for my dinner.

I'll be back playing catch-up from the top of the hour.

CaroLiza_fan

Sackie

Medalist
I know the two CAN pairs were sent here to get their TES Mins. Just wondering what they have to score to get the Mins? Thanks.
CAN really needs to start sending our skaters out to these comps as often as possible so our Skaters have their mins and don't have to go fight for them at the last minute. Take a lesson from RUS and USA that send skaters out as often as they can.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I know the two CAN pairs were sent here to get their TES Mins. Just wondering what they have to score to get the Mins? Thanks.
CAN really needs to start sending our skaters out to these comps as often as possible so our Skaters have their mins and don't have to go fight for them at the last minute. Take a lesson from RUS and USA that send skaters out as often as they can.
23 for the SP, 34 for FS

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now it's time to start into the Junior Free Skates. But, the order has been swapped from yesterday - we are starting with the Junior Ladies I skaters today.

Livestream for the Bavarian Championships Junior Ladies FS and Bavarian Open Junior Ladies I FS is now on air.

Here are the links for the archived livestreams:
Bavarian Championships & Bavarian Open Groups 1 & 2 (starts at 8h 40m 6s) - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x876u8r
Bavarian Open Group 3 (starts at 8m 14s) - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x87782l

Here are the Time Schedules:
Bavarian Championships - http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/BO2022_BMJuniorenDamen_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf
Bavarian Open - http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/BO2022_JuniorWomenI_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
Bavarian Championships - http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/SEG034.HTM
Bavarian Open - http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/SEG012.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, I just realised. The first skater out is the girl that is doing the Bavarian Championships rather than the Bavarian Open.

I wonder if it was the same yesterday, and I just didn't realise. In fact, I wonder if that was the reason that #1 Olesya RAY was starting when I came back from my tea last night rather than #2 Paula BERYAK. Had Anna GREKUL skated before Ray? I'll have to check the archived livestream video later on.

Anyway, what a strange programme to start the segment off with. First we had a female breathing heavily at the start of the programme. And I was thinking "erm, this is a Junior competition. We're not supposed to have X-rated programmes". And we also had what sounded to me like a big cat growling a few times during it.

So strange.

But, none of that matters. She won the title.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now it is the term of my kid.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now I was not expecting that. Stefania's got a new Free Skate programme.

She came out, and I thought "I can't remember her wearing all white before. That must be a different dress!"

And then the music started, and I didn't recognise it either. It started with an instrumental piece, and during it there was a sound effect of somebody flatlining. And it was approrpiate, because the skating did not go at all well in that section of the programme. She was struggling to land her jumps. She just about landed her first, and she had a hand down on the second. And she had a couple of falls.

Then the music changed to "Rise Up", and it did seem to perk her up. She was much better in this section.

And then there was an instrumental piece at the end. I can't actually remember if it was a continuation of the piece at the start of the programme.

So, as with yesterday, a shaky start, but she picked it up. But, unfortunately, the shaky section lasted longer today.

And she had her sloth with her today again! 🦥

Anyway, she scored 73.61 points in the FS, and 112.86 points overall. She dropped 2 places to 3rd position, with 7 still to go. So, she'll still be in the Top 10 whatever happens.

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. That must be the quickest resurfacing on record. It wasn't much over 5 minutes long! I didn't have time to do what I wanted to get done! :drama:

They must be trying to catch up some of the time lost. We were running about 10 minutes behind schedule, but now we are only 3 minutes behind.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Janna and Iida, who are team mates and from the same town and same age, are competing about the JWC spot, they are this close to each other. Kv means international competition, the second can be international or nationals (or qualification to nationals). This and nordics are important competitions to them. Olivia Lisko is 4th with 297 points (Linnea Ceder 3th, but I don't know she is not intersted to compete at juniors any more).

iwnFauRN0R3ZF2rH8vC_iUt3ETNNb0usGYCW7aEAb2BCWdkipUJAsPsylVxBScI8p-aaLZpfvXba7w4BsVakpj97gFOJ6Wft2L_wJ99cFf0VXQ_c6BXvvMoz90ndsrEdKZErZVMc

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Janna and Iida, who are team mates and from the same town and same age, are competing about the JWC spot, they are this close to each other. Kv means international competition, the second can be international or nationals (or qualification to nationals). This and nordics are important competitions to them. Olivia Lisko is 4th with 297 points (Linnea Ceder 3th, but I don't know she is not intersted to compete at juniors any more).

iwnFauRN0R3ZF2rH8vC_iUt3ETNNb0usGYCW7aEAb2BCWdkipUJAsPsylVxBScI8p-aaLZpfvXba7w4BsVakpj97gFOJ6Wft2L_wJ99cFf0VXQ_c6BXvvMoz90ndsrEdKZErZVMc

Thank you for the heads up. Janna is coming on now, so not long to wait to see what she scores. But then she'll have to wait a while to find out if it is enough, as Iida is the last to skate.

After the SP, Janna is 9.63 points behind Iida. So, she has to put in a good skate now.

CaroLiza_fan