2022 Four Continents: Pairs Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 Four Continents: Pairs Short Program

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Probably don't want to risk COVID? I think the only reason Brendan and Kailani are there is because the AOC made it a condition to name them to the Olympic Team.
And possibly also travel time. I can bet there is no direct flight to Talinn from Australia.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And possibly also travel time. I can bet there is no direct flight to Talinn from Australia.
Well the Aussie pairs we have actually train in Russia so that's not it.

Although you are right there's no direct flight if they were coming to Australia.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well the Aussie pairs we have actually train in Russia so that's not it.

Although you are right there's no direct flight if they were coming to Australia.
There was an Aussie pair at Bavarian Open though (Lewer/Young), who intended to compete at both the Jr and Sr level, but in the end 'only' skated in Jrs (which is quite enough for any pair!). I recall them being entered at the very first for 4CC, but presumably changed their minds (or the Federation did, I don't know). The other Aussie pair was also registered for 4CC at first (Harley with his new partner) and for a bit longer than the other two. They didn't skate anywhere else though. Perhaps both pairs needed to get their minimums first? I really wouldn't know.