Mozart or Rocketman? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mozart or Rocketman?

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I just rewatched Rocketman after a while of not watching it.
And I've changed my mind, even the Motzart is better.
Honestly, I'm really disappointed (in terms of transitions). Rocketman is just sort of an empty program.

Land of All / Philip Glass both display a much higher quality of skating than Rocketman, but I'll jump ship to Motzart > Rocketman.

SaDa

On the Ice
If it was up to me, I'd say Mozart. As much as I enjoy the Rocketman program, I'm not at all a fan of skaters repeating programs. I actually really like the style of the Mozart one, especially the Lacrimosa StSq section. I find it beautiful, a little similar to how I feel about the Philip Glass program. His ChSq is powerful and fun too. Would have been an Olympic moment.

At the end of the day though it's really about what he's comfortable with so I'll be happy with whatever he chooses.

Last edited:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
This:

Land of All is probably my fave of his to come out of the last quadrennial. It's so thoughtful and has a beautiful build to it and just feels so contemporary and fresh.

Rocketman however really shows his personality and is the "anti-classical/orchestral" freeskate that the world needs to see win the Olympics. Considering Lysacek won trying to present a judge friendly warhorse, Chen winning with something like Rocketman would send a great message to the world as to how far figure skating has come.

I'm glad he did it.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I think Rocketman was 10000000% the right decision. He created such a MOMENT with that program. You can tell how much Nathan feels and connects to the music, and it perfectly reflected his joy and relief in the moment. Plus, it's the most Nathan program. Philip Glass was also a great program, but if you asked me to name a Nathan Chen program, the first thing I will say is Rocketman because it's his most iconic and memorable piece imo.