possible blade problems? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

possible blade problems?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
i don't think anyone sells in this area, or i've heard of none from the seattle/bellevua WA area. i go to canada, like a bunch of my other friends for skates cuz there r more shops there. does anyone know of a good fitter/tech in washington state?
They do. I'll DM you the contact of the fitter/shop.

froo

Rinkside
i don't think anyone sells in this area, or i've heard of none from the seattle/bellevua WA area. i go to canada, like a bunch of my other friends for skates cuz there r more shops there. does anyone know of a good fitter/tech in washington state?
Sorry for slow reply. I wouldn’t know how to with blade placement personally. I had the sense they were a bit too long for me and my tech agreed and we ordered a bit shorter (will get it put on my current boots next week as I wait for new boots) that’s about it. Like I mentioned in my novel length posts above the time my tech moved the blade it was a mm or less and such a tiny adjustment made a difference. He’s like the blade whisperer!

It seems to me there are some people here who know a lot about skating and equipment that give advice like Icerabbit above. I’m new here so I don’t know who is who but I see some posts with questions and replies. If you don’t have someone in your area you can get some help from them — but I wouldn’t try to move the blade or anything like that DIY.

(BTW I don’t know why they were defensive about upselling etc. I was simply sharing my experience and didnt imply someone on the forum selling anything anyway let alone up sell, just that the techs don’t always try to give you expensive options but I guess I somehow offended or upset them, and even if I started skating 35 years ago it was in a very poor country and situation so I never had the situation to even have any choice about boots blades etc until I restarted as an adult. So by all means listen to them and not me. I don’t claim to know anything, just that I wondered similar things about my spins and what solutions I found. In my case I found a tech in my area who has worked with many elite skaters (even household names) so I trust he knows his work and he sees/knows me, my size, skating level and myriad foot issues (despite not being elite skater I have messed up feet) so can advise well.

Personally I’m going to work on my technique (spins and elsewhere) with my new boots/blades and hope I have an improvement in things from having a better fit and take it from there as to whether I should try a 7’ blade or a different pattern after that. I’m hoping the better fit and slightly shorter blade will make a difference.

As for finding someone, have you asked any advanced/elite skaters or coaches in your area where they go? That’s how I found mine, with pretty much everyone mentioning the same place.

Again sorry I posted on here . I didn’t mean to offend or step on anyones toes.

good luck!

viamarkable

Rinkside
Sorry for slow reply. I wouldn’t know how to with blade placement personally. I had the sense they were a bit too long for me and my tech agreed and we ordered a bit shorter (will get it put on my current boots next week as I wait for new boots) that’s about it. Like I mentioned in my novel length posts above the time my tech moved the blade it was a mm or less and such a tiny adjustment made a difference. He’s like the blade whisperer!

It seems to me there are some people here who know a lot about skating and equipment that give advice like Icerabbit above. I’m new here so I don’t know who is who but I see some posts with questions and replies. If you don’t have someone in your area you can get some help from them — but I wouldn’t try to move the blade or anything like that DIY.

(BTW I don’t know why they were defensive about upselling etc. I was simply sharing my experience and didnt imply someone on the forum selling anything anyway let alone up sell, just that the techs don’t always try to give you expensive options but I guess I somehow offended or upset them, and even if I started skating 35 years ago it was in a very poor country and situation so I never had the situation to even have any choice about boots blades etc until I restarted as an adult. So by all means listen to them and not me. I don’t claim to know anything, just that I wondered similar things about my spins and what solutions I found. In my case I found a tech in my area who has worked with many elite skaters (even household names) so I trust he knows his work and he sees/knows me, my size, skating level and myriad foot issues (despite not being elite skater I have messed up feet) so can advise well.

Personally I’m going to work on my technique (spins and elsewhere) with my new boots/blades and hope I have an improvement in things from having a better fit and take it from there as to whether I should try a 7’ blade or a different pattern after that. I’m hoping the better fit and slightly shorter blade will make a difference.

As for finding someone, have you asked any advanced/elite skaters or coaches in your area where they go? That’s how I found mine, with pretty much everyone mentioning the same place.

Again sorry I posted on here . I didn’t mean to offend or step on anyones toes.

good luck!
i would never try to move the blades or anything lol. when i ask around the rink, people almost always go to canada. it's a few hours away, and has a bunch of shops there. Ic3Rabbit dm'ed me a guy, definitly gonna go find him. thanks for posting tho, and gl on ur new boots/blades! btw, i'm new here too

viamarkable

Rinkside
So i was browsing IG the other day, and i came across sophia.lazuli who was in jackson softec (she got new ones but not my point) anyway, so i saw her spins and they were def better than mine. Is it possible that even tho I, in a better blade, am not able to spin as well because of a technique issue? also, if it is the rocker problem, is it possible for a skate tech to "increase" aka make it more prominent?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So i was browsing IG the other day, and i came across sophia.lazuli who was in jackson softec (she got new ones but not my point) anyway, so i saw her spins and they were def better than mine. Is it possible that even tho I, in a better blade, am not able to spin as well because of a technique issue? also, if it is the rocker problem, is it possible for a skate tech to "increase" aka make it more prominent?
It more than likely a core issue. Core strengthening exercises and learning better posture on your blades and where the "sweet spot" is for you on your rocker for spinning. ;)

viamarkable

Rinkside
It more than likely a core issue. Core strengthening exercises and learning better posture on your blades and where the "sweet spot" is for you on your rocker for spinning. ;)
i see. a few days ago, for like, the first time every, i think i had a very short and tiny spin but i felt that i was on my rocker the whole time. so im hoping to improve that lol