2022 World Championships: Free Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022 World Championships: Free Dance

VickB

On the Ice
nor did the French Canadian judge who praised Piper and Paul for being in the moment and so so so refined on every musical note...

I think the judges do not count overall mark and entire package.. ie consider a work of art or a work of excellence in every manner...

discodisco

On the Ice
Never seen Gilles Poirier live, but in tv, they skate small. And that’s usually hard to tell. Not surprised they’re not ranked too high.
I think part of the program is that they basically skate like two friends, and really lack passion. Or, if it's passion, it's kind of introverted. Patrick-Chan-esque, almost, but with Patrick he as so incredibly superior in his skills and choreography, that it usually worked. GP are great, but not that level, so the introverted style only works once in a while, with a really great program (like the past two years). Have a program like this year, and it's entirely forgettable.

That said, sometimes they seem to have so much speed and flow...

GGFan

Record Breaker
C/B deserve an award for believing in this program all season. It went from being weird and a miss to be being fascinating and a vehicle that makes them stand out. The lifts and transitions are amazing. I thought this team was dead but Montreal brought them back to life. Congrats!!