2022 Junior World Championships: Men's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World Championships: Men's Short Program

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t think Jason nor any other skater that trains in Canada can coach …work permits or something? I’m sure someone will tell me if I’m wrong. I actually meant to make that distinction.

I'm sure that might be true.

Jason has done choreo for skaters in the US. But even when he was in the US, he never coached the way, say, Ashley and Alexa do, where you see them with one on one lessons with the same little cuties week after week. Now, other male skaters have, Sean Rabbitt coached while skating, and obviously coaches now.

But I was talking about the weekly one-on-one lessons, and not helping out here or there, it just doesn't seem to be as common with the men.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sure that might be true.

Jason has done choreo for skaters in the US. But even when he was in the US, he never coached the way, say, Ashley and Alexa do, where you see them with one on one lessons with the same little cuties week after week. Now, other male skaters have, Sean Rabbitt coached while skating, and obviously coaches now.

But I was talking about the weekly one-on-one lessons, and not helping out here or there, it just doesn't seem to be as common with the men.
I will amend my statement to say "many figure skaters in the US coach on the side to help with training expenses.:):)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So I saw randomly on Twitter a few months back some lady getting really upset that the ISU allowed Evgeni Semenenko to skate with "a last name like that". She added that this is "supposed to be a family-friendly sport". I bet she's having a fit right now... :laugh:

ole!
ZOMG, I wonder if she was around in the early 2000s, probably not because Irina Slutskaya would have killed her. 😝

Anyway catching up on the lads since it's Good Friday and I have the day off work.

I've never seen Kyrilo before but OMG, this program is so quirky I love it! Glad he was able to skate here. ☺️ Also that was a quality Axel, respect young man.

Semen's vest is also awesome and I shan't hear a word against it. And a tango too! Nice.

And I say, a decent illusion spin...in MY men's skating.

Gasp Step Sequence level BASE? Poor Filip! The music didn't do anything for me, but I liked the blue shirt. And a Beillmann is always appreciated.

Group 2 and we've got Michael Buble :laugh:

Actually I remember seeing some of this group last night before Mum and I watched our favourite show. Raffaele really kicked butt. Great to see he got the Q!

A new contender from Georgia! His costume totally reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who...oh wait, I do. Never mind. Anyway, good skate from Kostantin there :)

The plus side of watching back is I can skip over the Zamboni!

Ha ha I'm tickled by the fact there's a guy here called Spinar. Here's hoping that's not false advertising. 😉

Ha ha Kai really did sneak into Artem K's wardrobe. :laugh: Not a bad effort from him too.

And Liam has come to Olé, bring it. 💃 Can't say I've ever heard of him, but I agreed with Ted that it was a great program :) and a fine 3A.

Now Mr Spinar...the spins are indeed legit! Although hearing the name of his music I was totally expecting something else.

Olé Stairway to Heaven! Bring it Jakub!

Nordeback sounds like some sort of dragon. :biggrin:

Phew there's a lot of lads here, I'll have to catch up with the rest later I think!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Made the mistake of watching Kao's SP in real time during work
So absolutely devastated and overwhelmed with concern for him that I haven't been able to watch any of the other performances
As if skating injured and undertrained wasn't already a challenge, he's also cursed with the wrong coach overseeing him at this competition
I literally died inside when I saw Okajima at the boards instead of Noriko sensei

Competing at Junior Worlds was Kao's ultimate goal for this season
I'm sure it's why he's willing himself to participate regardless of his current condition
For the sake of his safety and the future of his skating career I'd prefer he withdraw from the FS
However, considering his SP result, he now feels as if he has nothing to lose and plans to go all out in the Free
Kao has always been a bit rash, if not reckless but it seems Noriko sensei is able to persuade him into making reasonable decisions
Still hoping they'll be in contact before the FS so she can help him think through a choice he won't regret
Whatever he decides, I'll respect the decision and continue to send him my full support

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Caught up on most of the event last night and I’m now a fan of Louis Weissert of Germany and my hot take is that Milkhail Selevko should be in first place :coffee:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Since Miura is so young and it is junior championship, I feel that if he is skating in FS that would be an unsafe choice by his coaching team, no matter what the eventual result is. The risk is too high, particularly because he is in that injury-prone growth phase for junior men.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Caught up on most of the event last night and I’m now a fan of Louis Weissert of Germany and my hot take is that Milkhail Selevko should be in first place :coffee:
He had a big step-out on the combo, which cost him probably 2-3 points in GOE.