2022-23 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The new season officially starts on 1st July, I think, but I noticed the other threads had been made and didn't want to leave the lads out!

16/6/22 - The National Team has been named!

With thanks to @AlexBreeze for providing the names

Senior Team
Petr Gumennik, Mikhail Kolyada, Mark Kondratiuk, Andrei Mozalev, Alexander Samarin, Evgeni Semenenko

Senior reserve
Dmitri Aliev, Alexei Erokhov, Makar Ignatov

Junior Team
Artem Kovalev, Nikolai Kolesnikov, Gleb Lutfullin, Kirill Sarnovskiy, Nikolai Ugozhaev, Ilya Yablokov

Junior reserve
Andrei Anisimov, Vladislav Dikidzhi

Novice Team
Fedor Zonov, Lev Lazarev, Mikhail Polyanskiy, Ivan Ramzenkov, Grigory Fedorov, Arseniy Fedotov

Novice Reserve
Maksim Belyavskiy, Arseniy Dimitriev, Mikhail Tikhonov

It seems likely we'll only see the Russian men in local competitions so feel free to join us in the Local Russian Event threads when they arise. ☺️

Last edited:

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Does anyone know when the generation of Kolesnikov, Lukin, and Karatynyan will turn senior? And does anyone have an update on Andrei Kutevoy who stopped competing?

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Does anyone know when the generation of Kolesnikov, Lukin, and Karatynyan will turn senior? And does anyone have an update on Andrei Kutevoy who stopped competing?
Did he stop competing?? I thought he was just recovering from injury... I saw videos of him in a competition from 2 months ago...

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Does anyone know when the generation of Kolesnikov, Lukin, and Karatynyan will turn senior?
Mark was born on November 3rd 2007 so he is not Senior eligible until the 2023-2024 season.

Nikolai K was born on April 28th (Happy belated birthday to him!) 2009 so he won't be senior eligible until the 2024-2025 season.

Not sure of Karatynyan as I don't know his first name so can't look him up on Google!

Of course if the age change to 16 happens, Mark and Nikolai will have to wait an extra year. As would Kirill Sarnovsky because he was born on 1st July.

Although boys usually go into Seniors later than girls, so it probably won't be as dramatic for them.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I dont know if Andrei Kutovoi stopped, he returned to competition few months ago after missing most of the season due to injury. He competed in few local comps as well in the older age novice nats SPB qualifiers, he qualified but ended up WD and he was supposed to compete in some small comps after that as well but WD from those too.

I would assume he has re-injured himself, but I dont know if he quit now. He wasn't in the best of shapes but he did have his 3A somewhat back plus he is still young and has 3 more seasons of junior eligibility so its not like he cant bounce back.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Mark was born on November 3rd 2007 so he is not Senior eligible until the 2023-2024 season.

Nikolai K was born on April 28th (Happy belated birthday to him!) 2009 so he won't be senior eligible until the 2024-2025 season.

Not sure of Karatynyan as I don't know his first name so can't look him up on Google!

Of course if the age change to 16 happens, Mark and Nikolai will have to wait an extra year. As would Kirill Sarnovsky because he was born on 1st July.

Although boys usually go into Seniors later than girls, so it probably won't be as dramatic for them.
He is born early 2008, if I remember correctly so he becomes senior eligible same as Lukin in 2023-24

That is of course if the age minimum doesn't change, if it does change gradually up to 17 as suggested.
Then Mark and Eduard will be only senior eligible in 2025-26.
Kolya K would be only eligible in 2026-27 missing the olympics completely.

Mark and Eduards age group does get shafted with this rule tho as they have to 2 extra years not just 1, but boys do move up later.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Does anyone know when the generation of Kolesnikov, Lukin, and Karatynyan will turn senior?
If age limits are rised (most likely):
Lukin, Karartynyan - 25/26
Kolesnikov - 26/27
And does anyone have an update on Andrei Kutevoy who stopped competing?
He competed in two small competitions.

St.Petersburg Novice Championships (older age)
SP: https://youtu.be/gFuPU0ONGog
FS: https://youtu.be/V9K3QIoOlY8

Golman Memorial
SP: https://youtu.be/uGlUvBgPwI4
FS: https://youtu.be/z_GwoDC5958
Of course if the age change to 16 happens, Mark and Nikolai will have to wait an extra year.
Aren't they planning on raising it to 17 from 24/25 season?

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Kutovoy is extremely active on social media (like next Kondratyuk kinda active) and he doesn’t sound at all like he is quitting skating.

Tbh, I am most worried about Popov, because this season was I think his last shot at international juniors.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That is of course if the age minimum doesn't change, if it does change gradually up to 17 as suggested.

Aren't they planning on raising it to 17 from 24/25 season?
I'm hoping that if age minimum rule does go through it won't lead to a further raise to 17.

Making sure an athlete isn't in the "protected persons" category (which I didn't know was a thing until recently) makes sense. Raising it further than that doesn't seem reasonable.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Kutovoy is extremely active on social media (like next Kondratyuk kinda active) and he doesn’t sound at all like he is quitting skating.

Tbh, I am most worried about Popov, because this season was I think his last shot at international juniors.
Ivan is born in July 2004 so he will still be junior eligible for the 23-24 season so he still got a shot at JGP and junior worlds then. Im assuming next season there wont international junior starts for Russians and even if there were sadly with Ivans results for this season in nats a jgp would be a long shot. But if he does well next season, he could get an international junior comps for the 23-24 season which is his last chance, of course if Russians are allowed back by then.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ivan is born in July 2004 so he will still be junior eligible for the 23-24 season so he still got a shot at JGP and junior worlds then. Im assuming next season there wont international junior starts for Russians and even if there were sadly with Ivans results for this season in nats a jgp would be a long shot. But if he does well next season, he could get an international junior comps for the 23-24 season which is his last chance, of course if Russians are allowed back by then.
I think he had a very solid shot, because they themselves called Junior Nationals results into question for men, and he did great in the Cup Russia Final (which was a do-over). So, with what they had, he had a good chance to get a JGP… I think.

His birthday keeps confusing the heck out of me, but gosh, fingers crossed he does get a junior season. Obviously, my hope to see him in JWC this year I has tanked, but I still hope he makes it.

Anyway, stay well, Team Russian Men, harder times ahead… but at least they are used to it.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Maxim Belyavskiy moved from Davydov at CSKA to Butsaeva at Moskvich. Davydov's group is kind of imploding at the moment...
I saw him him leaving tbh his season wasn't exactly good and he hasnt really improved in few seasons when it comes to consistency but I thought he would resurface in Sokolovskaya group and not leave CSKA completely. .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.