Ilia Malinin - Clean 4A | Golden Skate

Ilia Malinin - Clean 4A

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFSA shared the same video. Friend sent me the twitter link (which worked, even though I don't have an account).

They said he did it at "Jump On It! Camp" whatever that is.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Amei That's a different angle than I saw before.

Slightly out of control on the landing, but I see that as a fully rotated jump. What do you think?

Amei

Record Breaker
@Amei That's a different angle than I saw before.

Slightly out of control on the landing, but I see that as a fully rotated jump. What do you think?

This was from Tom Z's IG, someone took it and slowed it down. Looks good to me, the landing scares me a bit but he's got a few months to smooth it out and as long as he doesn't land on his butt, he'll go down in the history books

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think even Shin might struggle to call anything on that.

And with still at least three, maybe four months until the first opportunity for ratification....and with the speed of improvement we have seen this far, I have no doubt we will see something even better by then.

Earliest possible opportunity please USFS...and then make sure you have extra security on hand.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was amazing. I didn't think it could be done but now . . . wow. I cannot wait for the Grand Prix season to start.

If he rotates it that well in competition, give him credit for it. I hope the caller isn't Shin Amano.

Oh, I don't think there is any doubt this gets certified if it's done this well in a competition. It was a less than ideal runout, but it was definitely around.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'll bet he lands it at Skate America!
No, it will be before then, to get it in the record books. It wouldn't surprise me to see him at US Classic or Lombardia, whichever is first this season.
Oh, I don't think there is any doubt this gets certified if it's done this well in a competition. It was a less than ideal runout, but it was definitely around.
Oh no, this will be no made-up certification. This will be full ratification, and deservedly so.