2022 Cranberry Cup International | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 Cranberry Cup International

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
There's something to be said for doing a clean program, and landing jumps rather than going for the quads and points.....
THANK YOU I agree completely! Can you please tell that to Corey? On a good day his triples look like Jason Brown's and while he is stuck because he doesn't have a consistent 3A or quad which hinders his BV he could be in 2nd right now if he didn't do any quads!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And yay a GOT program. Oops a fall. And another. Don’t implode!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whew I’m tired. Sorry I fell off the color commentary.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Maxim ZHARKOV 🇺🇸

4T (turnout)
3A
3F (fall)
FCSp
3Lz-1Eu-3S
ChSq
3Lo
3F-3T (fall)
3Lz (fall)
StSq
CCoSp
CSSp

FS: 119.66 (6th)
TOT: 192.48 (4th)

The elements were either great or not great. Program was rather tonally disjointed... it's as if Ilia Malinin and Daniel Grassl's free programs from last year had a child.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Maxim ZHARKOV 🇺🇸

The elements were either great or not great. Program was rather tonally disjointed... it's as if Ilia Malinin and Daniel Grassl's free programs from last year had a child.
I completely agree with that description—and the child in question kind of got the worst genes from each parent. No voiceovers, though, thank goodness

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Tomoki HIWATASHI 🇺🇸

4S
4T (hand down)-3T
3A wait is he actually landing things
FSSp
StSq
4T (splat) nvm
3A (stepout/fall, +REP)
3Lz-2A +SEQ
3Lo
CCoSp
ChSq he is trying to sell this but man he is gassed
FCCoSp

FS: 137.20 (1s
TOT: 206.30 (1st)

A lot better than it has been in the past, but STOP DOING 3 QUADS AND 2 3AS MY GUY it's not working you haven't skated a clean program in like 3 years.

Umm not clean (3A pop to 1A), but he landed 4S, 4T+3T, 3A, 4T, 1Ax, 3Lz+1Eu+3Fx, and 3Lo+2Ax at the 2022 Glacier Falls Classic in July:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
THANK YOU I agree completely! Can you please tell that to Corey? On a good day his triples look like Jason Brown's and while he is stuck because he doesn't have a consistent 3A or quad which hinders his BV he could be in 2nd right now if he didn't do any quads!
Problem is they can win these small comps but not a big one with no quads. Quads should not be the be all end all.....but they are.

And awww, Eric made the podium, though he did drop a place.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Problem is they can win these small comps but not a big one with no quads. Quads should not be the be all end all.....but they are.

And awww, Eric made the podium, though he did drop a place.

Corey, who I really really like independent of the Toller shout-out, is not in a position to win big comps. Although he will speak as an athlete, I want to win, I'm always looking to win, if he could medal at big comps, that would be <Chef's kiss>.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Are there any more summer comps? I don't see any listed but remember someone mentioned that there was another one coming up.

And then Jr. Grand Prix #1

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Are there any more summer comps? I don't see any listed but remember someone mentioned that there was another one coming up.

The next one I am personally looking forward to is the US Classic in Lake Placid, Sept 12-16. Our first Challenger and hopefully including pairs and dance. Less than a month from now!

Entries closed last week and I am so hoping that we get an announcement very soon.

Andrea82

Medalist

Next senior international competition is the Britannia Cup scheduled for the same week of JGP

Ross74

Medalist
Yay for Sonja medaling. :clap: @Ross74 has been her fan for years, she has been ahead of the curve:)
Thanks for the mention! Sonja used to appear in Jason's sm posts when they trained together so I was initially aware of her from that. Then I saw her skate live in Regionals in CO a few years back and was very impressed with her beautiful skating, as was the audience. I hope she has an enjoyable season. ♥️

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Corey, who I really really like independent of the Toller shout-out, is not in a position to win big comps. Although he will speak as an athlete, I want to win, I'm always looking to win, if he could medal at big comps, that would be <Chef's kiss>.
I wonder about having one layout for smaller comps and one for large.

My new boyfriend Mark didn’t have a quad I don’t think

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Corey : he does have a triple axel and was working on his quad toe. So, perhaps at this point in the year, the focus was on the quad toe... and he will bring back the 3a later ... nowadays though, a skater needs 3 quads to be competitive, (i mean two different ones + one in combo in the FP) and this is what Roman has been working on this summer... (quad toe, quad salchow) Keegan has been on and off working on a quad lutz to add to his quad toe. Conrad stabilized the quad toe a bit more and hoping to get the quad sal better... I haven't seen him attempt a quad lutz in a long time. But all of them know it... 2 quads in SP, 3 in LP is a must... and of course, the best guys have more quads available... so even with that, it's not a done deal.

Mark : no quads as far as i know. I have been following him since juniors because he would often be skating in small Canadian competitions. He was born in Ontario, still trains there etc... just doesn't skate for Canada but for Israel. He was one of my favourites when I used to follow more the juniors...