balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia

giphy.gif

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I think Alexa and Brendan may have been a little overscored given the tight twist and some of the landings. I would have their technical score around 39 and their program component score around 33 with a total of 72ish. I agree that the music and packaging are not great in terms of what it could be. Still agree they should be way above the other teams.

Warwick360

Medalist
what may be controversial there? it's not like there's some secret or anything, all of the Diana/Charles and Sarah Ferguson/Andrew stuff was very public
Those wouldn't be controversial. But the press and monarchists presumed that the inside conversations which would be fictionalised, and admittedly are quite fictionalised/dramatised, would give an impression that everything is fact, and not just fictionalised events with backdrop of reality. (And yes, one could argue how one could even take everything for what it is, but evidently looking at social media in the past, some seem to do)

But as it happens, while some things, personally speaking, are quite done in a contrived sense for the sake of drama (not going to spoil, and you might not agree with me after watching), it wasn't anything as bad.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
7 Alexa KNIERIM/ Brandon FRAZIER USA
Decent twist, not wow, landed sbs jumps, great throw and lift. Excellent sync on the spins. Liked the program better on second outing. Brandon is solid, Alexa has shades of doubt. Not sure the difference should be that big between first and second.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, Sara & Niccolo are passionate and determined. They tend to compete well by being precise and consistently landing their jumps and they have a decent twist. They tend to perform what they can do fairly consistently, which generally nets them positive GOE. But they are very slow, and they still need to work on bettering their skills and offering something more unique as a team. Still, being consistent is huge because a lot of new young teams struggle to manage that. As a result of a depleted pairs field, Sara & Niccolo are a bit over-scored, IMO.

I also think Metelkina/ Parkman are a bit more skilled than Roscher/Schuster, despite the mistake by Metelkina. I would not have had R/S scored as high over M/P. Granted that M/P are looking a bit rusty from lack of competition. Judges have seen R/S more this season so far. They have great potential and very good lifts.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
6 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA
My passionate Italians skating so lovely. Wonderful pair skills and security make this a performance. Great choreography.

DISTRACTION - Is that a Stefania Berton dress?
And don’t forget—fantastic music choice. Perfect example of how well-chosen music that fits the skater can really elevate the entire experience.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Catching up on this now.

Wow so exciting to see a big skating event here! Although didn't they have a Euros here? The seating appears to be lacking here.
ISU! you don't cut God Save The King just like that! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ha still not used to calling it that...also quite true...if you cut the "Star Spangled Banner" you'd be in so much trouble...

But I'm very happy that SBS is streaming this so no VPN needed.

For some reason it's bizarre to hear a rink announcer without an American accent, because they always seem to have one! This puts me in mind of a dressage competition :laugh2:

Maglio as mag-lio... sigh people it's ma-lio
Where'd the "g" go?! Although if anyone should know about dropped letters it's the English. Just ask Mr Meagher (pronounced Marr"

We start with Anastasia and Luke! Why does everyone use a cover of this song? Does INXS refuse to give permission?

Anyway nice skate to open this! Glad the hometown

Irma and Riccardo: That's an elaborate starting position! I got a bit distracted during this skate, but they looked rather good. I was also amused by Mark's comment about it being the best throw landing so far...there's only been one other in this comp!

Katie and Nathan: Nice music choice... except their skating wasn't intense enough to fit it. They were super in synch in the jump though.

Onto Group 2:

Nice to see the Georgians here! The cameraman appears to be suffering some serious drift though :laugh:

Anastasia and Danill: :laugh2: OMG he really is wearing a garbage bag what the...

And the stream decides now is a good time for an ad break, sigh.

OK here we go! Maia music!

LOL love the rip open the jacket bit! You go Danill! I enjoyed that!

Haha Danill did a little head wiggle while waiting for the scores :laugh:

Letizia and Luis: Agree with the costumes, very nice shades of blue.

But what the- this cover is an offence to all! In the Air Tonight is one of my favourite songs.

Robin S, yay! Although did you sign off on this music, tsk!

Sara and Niccolo Ah some good ol' tango for our enjoyment! This vocal version is not a fave though.

Alexa and Brandon: I kinda like the costumes (although I think their FS ones are a no) and the throw landing was 😘

Into first place!

Ha ha Don't You Love Me, Baby the rink DJ knows where it's at.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Catching up on this now.

Wow so exciting to see a big skating event here! Although didn't they have a Euros here? The seating appears to be lacking here.

Ha still not used to calling it that...also quite true...if you cut the "Star Spangled Banner" you'd be in so much trouble...

But I'm very happy that SBS is streaming this so no VPN needed.

For some reason it's bizarre to hear a rink announcer without an American accent, because they always seem to have one! This puts me in mind of a dressage competition :laugh2:

Where'd the "g" go?! Although if anyone should know about dropped letters it's the English. Just ask Mr Meagher (pronounced Marr"

We start with Anastasia and Luke! Why does everyone use a cover of this song? Does INXS refuse to give permission?

Anyway nice skate to open this! Glad the hometown

Irma and Riccardo: That's an elaborate starting position! I got a bit distracted during this skate, but they looked rather good. I was also amused by Mark's comment about it being the best throw landing so far...there's only been one other in this comp!

Katie and Nathan: Nice music choice... except their skating wasn't intense enough to fit it. They were super in synch in the jump though.

Onto Group 2:

Nice to see the Georgians here! The cameraman appears to be suffering some serious drift though :laugh:

Anastasia and Danill: :laugh2: OMG he really is wearing a garbage bag what the...

And the stream decides now is a good time for an ad break, sigh.

OK here we go! Maia music!

LOL love the rip open the jacket bit! You go Danill! I enjoyed that!

Haha Danill did a little head wiggle while waiting for the scores :laugh:

Letizia and Luis: Agree with the costumes, very nice shades of blue.

But what the- this cover is an offence to all! In the Air Tonight is one of my favourite songs.

Robin S, yay! Although did you sign off on this music, tsk!

Sara and Niccolo Ah some good ol' tango for our enjoyment! This vocal version is not a fave though.

Alexa and Brandon: I kinda like the costumes (although I think their FS ones are a no) and the throw landing was 😘

Into first place!

Ha ha Don't You Love Me, Baby the rink DJ knows where it's at.
you don't have this sound in english, the closest thing is the spanish LL