Thoughts on Guignard and Fabbri FD for 2022-23 | Golden Skate

Thoughts on Guignard and Fabbri FD for 2022-23

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Fabbri shared that they wanted to show something different that they haven’t done before after competing for so long, especially at the beginning of a new Olympic cycle.
“We really tried to give a different impact in the Rhythm Dance, but also in the Free Dance especially,” he said. “We had this sort of ‘dark’ mood when we were search for music last season, don’t know why, and Barbara found two of these pieces. We really wanted to perform something different this year and we are happy with our choice.”

For me, I'm always drawn to haunting, ethereal, and dark music :) I really enjoy watching this and LOVE the music. I really like music I've been hearing from the the Vikings and similar soundtracks from period series, as well!

Their first selection to "My Love Will Never Die" was used in Season 4 Episode 10 of Lucifer. 💕

Do you think this style is a good fit for this team versus some of the stunning pieces they've done over the years?

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Ok don't be mad, but this program once again did nothing for me apart from that straight line lift. I know they are supposed to be great skaters but they just don't work for me for some reason.
Generally it's great that they're trying something new though!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Loving the changes they've made since Lombardia; the new choreo element and cut back to the first music work really well and give the end more impact.

After 13 years competing at the senior level, finding new ideas and programs to explore must be tricky, but I think they've chosen a fabulous FD this season!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
To be honest, I think it's a very nice work in progress. I like the concept and some of the movement, I just feel it needs to be refined to be able to capture me throughout and tell the story/convey the message. Some parts it loses me/is a little messy/thoughtless, and this loses the overall effect - but, its the first program they've done in this style and I feel it'll be amazing by the later competitions.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
To be honest, I think it's a very nice work in progress. I like the concept and some of the movement, I just feel it needs to be refined to be able to capture me throughout and tell the story/convey the message. Some parts it loses me/is a little messy/thoughtless, and this loses the overall effect - but, its the first program they've done in this style and I feel it'll be amazing by the later competitions.
Just an MK/Wilson update.
This performance was a lot cleaner, a lot nicer and I enjoyed it a lot. I really think this program is a good vehicle for them, especially now I've seen it performed how I think they wanted it to be.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I love it! Dark/sinister can be effective if it's done right. I love the back of Charlene's costume, too! But it's a shame they wear black for both the RD and FD; wouldn't mind a different colour for her in the RD.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
This performance was a lot cleaner, a lot nicer and I enjoyed it a lot. I really think this program is a good vehicle for them, especially now I've seen it performed how I think they wanted it to be.
I can't remember if I've seen the latest outing so thank you for reminding me to check it out! I was also of the opinion that it was a good idea and a daring departure of style for them, but something wasn't quite clicking for me the first couple times (possibly the second to last music cut?) and I'm interested to see if it will now.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I absolutely loved it at the MK JW Trophy. Much as I adore Lilah and Lewis, Guignard and Fabbri deserved the win. They were clean, stylish and technically accomplished. Seeing them skate that FD live was wonderful.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I absolutely loved it at the MK JW Trophy. Much as I adore Lilah and Lewis, Guignard and Fabbri deserved the win. They were clean, stylish and technically accomplished. Seeing them skate that FD live was wonderful.
I really enjoy watching Lilah and Lewis skate (and personally admire them even more for the message within their free dance), but Guidnard and Fabbri were on another level with textbook technique I'm skating and superb technical level. And finally, they produced a program I could watch over and over (which was always something I struggled to do with them in the past). I also ended up singing the song over in my head hours later.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I really enjoy watching Lilah and Lewis skate (and personally admire them even more for the message within their free dance), but Guidnard and Fabbri were on another level with textbook technique I'm skating and superb technical level. And finally, they produced a program I could watch over and over (which was always something I struggled to do with them in the past). I also ended up singing the song over in my head hours later.
Yes. All of that.