2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating

fehervari

On the Ice
Hmm, never thought about it like that before. We have little to no info on coaches and their methods (so I can't help you with getting insight, sorry) so I just assumed that they were just doing what they do. I don't know, maybe Coach Park is a better coach for juniors than seniors?
she changed her plan or this was the original... I think so now coach Park Bitna kept only that competitor who could become world champion. skills, confidence this occurred to me now, after Jia's fall.
so Park Bitna is not the 37-year-old teenager I sometimes think she is

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Even after the conclusion of an incredibly successful JGP season for Team Korea (2 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze medals), there are still more achievements by juniors (and almost juniors) to be celebrated.

Both Yujae Kim and Habin Choi have managed to land 4Ts in training:

brakes

On the Ice
Congratulations to Yelim Kim with NHK gold medal!
Looks like Korea finally has a steady top elite female skater and Worlds medal candidate.
Out of junior 'wonderful trio' Young, Eunsoo and Yelim I bet most of the fans favoured first two to make greatest splash in seniors back then. Yet it's Yelim who managed to fight through setbacks and lack of judges' love to the point where she can make couple of mistakes and still be chosen for gold over home favourite Kaori.

Her 3Lz3T combo is spectacular and her Ina Bauer - breathtaking. Would mention wonderful costumes, but having best dresses in the game is Korean standard. 😍

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Congraulations to Yelim Kim on her NHK victory! I really liked her genuine expression of surprise when she found she had won. Her SP was fabulous and she fought well through her mistakes in the LP with two marvelous triple lutzes with rippon tano one in combination with the triple toe, and her turning transitions into the triple loop were fantastic. The most impressive to me was her wonderful artistry, like the lovely extension and plasticity in her arms and fingers and the picturesque positions in her back like in the amazing Ina Bauer on a sharp arc which is more impressive considering her relatively great height which creates a longer more dramatic line. Her edge work, speed and the pirouettes on the ice were also impressive for their fluidity, and her sit spin position was impressive.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The competitiors for the Ranking Competition (12.1-4) has been uploaded, I'll make a separate thread for all the names but to just post the seniors:

Senior men : Kim Hyungyeom, Kim Hangil, Jeong Deokhoon, Lee Jaekeun, Seo Minkyu, Lim Juheon, Kyeong Jaeseok, Cha Younghyun, Lee Sihyeong, Cha Junhwan
Senior women: Ko Nayeon, Choi Dabin, Lee Sulang, Yook Jeongmin, Song Siwoo, Youn Seojin, Hwang Jihyun, Sohn Daon, Kim Yujae, Hong Seungah, Kim Seoyoung, Park Eunbi, Jung Yean, Kwon Minsol, Lee Siwon, Park Yeonjeong, Kim Minchae, Han Heesue, Ji Seoyeon, Kim Chaeyeon, Kim Yelim, Wi Seoyeong, Lee Haein, Yun Ahsun, Shin Jia, You Young

Edit: made the thread https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/t...ean-figure-skating-ranking-competition.94215/

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has there been any news on Eun-soo Lim? I know she withdrew from Sk Can, but I haven't seen anything more about her.

frida80

Record Breaker
So… multiple athletes made it to the GPF/JGPF and they have Ranking one week before.
:palmf:

Last edited: