Beauty On Ice : a Michelle Kwan Fairytale

E

Emmy

Beauty On Ice : a Michelle Kwan Fairytale

<BODY TEXT=FFFFFF BGCOLOR=000000 LINK=FFCC33 VLINK=0000FF ALINK=FFCC33>

E

Emmy

Re: Mathman, my guess is

Hey, sorry about the confusion....just got gripped by a major case of writer's insecurity so being the nervous nellie that I am I torched the story. Unfortunately, the computer left behind my messy remains!! ;)

M

mathman444

Put it back, OK?

Hi Emmy. That was a fine story. On the other hand, if you want to see some truly awful writing, check out Freddy the Pig's contributions to "The Bronze Horseman."

Mathman

F

Freddy the Pig 2

Re: Beauty on Ice

Emmy -- Don't pay any attention to Mathman. He's just jealous of people with REAL talent, like you and me. :)

Have you cast the rest of the characters yet? How about Irina Slutskaya as AnnaLee, and Nancy Kerrigan, Oksana Baiul and Nichole Bobek as Ria, Simone and Francesca?

Freddy

PS. Michelle, forget the Prince, can't you see the real prince right before your eyes?!

M

mathman444

Emmy, your story is totally charming. I didn't really get to read it all closely the first time, just noticed that it was there. It is very sweet and so finely written. Thank you for posting it again. I can hardly wait to find out about the mystery of the carving.

How about a little preview? Will Michelle be able to conjure the Vintasophia at the big contest?

Mathman

PS. You seem to be a shy person. I am going to post an advertisement for your story in the main folder (the Edge), OK? If you don't post here and tell me not to, I will do this in a couple of days. There are lots of people on this board who don't visit the Literature section, but I bet they will like your story.

D

DrWatson

Miss or Mrs. "Emmy":

I cannot tell you what a delight it was for me to read your marvelous story.

At first I was undecided about whether were a fellow British subject, as I am, or perhaps Canadian? My confidant, the famous consulting detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes, called my attention to your accurate spelling of such words as "centre", "laboured", "colour", "rumours" , "practise", and "endeavouring", none of which our friends in the U.S. know how properly to spell. They're dears, the folk of “lower Canada", but must they butcher the Queen's English so?

But your use of the term “glendoylism” tipped the balance in favor of the great land of Elvis, Kurt, Brian O., Josee and Jennifer. With your permission I supply this link for the unenlightened :

members.aol.com/garhun/elvis/glen.htm

I remain

Your admiring servant,

John Watson, M.D.

E

eltamina

Great story Emmy

And you are a good story teller. I can't wait for the next chapter.

M

mathman444

Emmy, Emmy, Emmy. That was wonderful. Let me just stop for a minute to get this tear out of my eye.

Now the next step is to get Disney to make the full-length animated version, followed by the television skating special.

Mathman

E

Emmy

Thank you mathman! I appreciate the comments. :)

Emmy
p.s. I also have a sequel to this but it's a lot longer and a lot mushier....are you folks up for mushy??? ;)

M

mathman444

Emmy -- Mush?

Oh gosh. Don't tell me you want to throw away all the rest of The Glass Slipper Guide, starting with page 292!

See, um, it's like this.

In MY fantasy kingdom I have two daughters, Princess Kristi and Princess Michelle. I finally got my older daughter married off, to a worthy knight named sir Brett. But my baby? If she falls in love, who will take care of me in my old age?

Mathman DCLXIV

D

DrWatson

Miss or Madam, my heart is full. Mr. Holmes points out that it is clear from your writing that, despite alleged shyness, you are obviously a person who has herself loved and been loved greatly.

John Watson, MD

F

Freddy the Pig 2

Emmy -- Well? Are you going to make us beg?

I love mush. I wallow in mush. I eat mush for breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, dinner and supper. Bring it on!

Your friend,

Freddy