Quote of the Day - August | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - August

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 1st

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
-- Frank Leahy

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 2nd

A signature always reveals a man's character - and sometimes even his name.
-- Evan Esar

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 3rd

It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment.
-- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 4th

Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.
~ Dave Barry

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 5th

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 6th

That which seems the height of absurdity in one generation often becomes the height of wisdom in the next.
-- John Stuart Mill

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 7th

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.
-- Brendan Francis Behan

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 8th

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
-- John Muir

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 9th

Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants, today it's open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.
-- Dave Barry

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 10th

While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.
-- Stephen R. Covey

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 11th

I detest the man who hides one thing in the depths of his heart and speaks forth another.
-- Homer

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 12th

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.
-- Henry Louis Mencken

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 13th

Politics hates a vacuum. If it isn't filled with hope, someone will fill it with fear.
- - Naomi Klein

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 14th

It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.
-- Jim Bishop

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 15th

If men can develop weapons that are so terrifying as to make the thought of global war include almost a sentence for suicide, you would think that man's intelligence and his comprehension... would include also his ability to find a peaceful solution.
-- Dwight Eisenhower

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 16th

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-- Herm Albright

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 17th

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 18th

I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work.
-- Leo Gallagher

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 19th

There will be no justice as long as man will stand with a knife or with a gun and destroy those who are weaker than he is.
-- Isaac Bashevis Singer

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
August 20th

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
~ Rita Rudner

4dk