Just back from....... | Golden Skate

Just back from.......

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
.......vacation in Hawaii. I just spent a week in Kailua, Hawaii on the island of Oahu with my family. Kailua is about 25 miles from Honolulu on the west side. We rented a two bedroom cottage behind a private residence about a 1/4 mile from the beach. This was my sons first trip over there and they had a wonderful time (even with mom and dad :laugh:). We went all over the island and my favorite place was Waimea Bay on the north shore.

Honolulu has the only ice rink in Hawaii. I took some pictures of the rink but I don't know how to post pictures here:scratch:

Oh I envy you that trip! I want to see Hawaii some day.
We've just had to cancel a trip to Ohio we'd hope to go on in Sept. Now it'll just be day trips to local places for vacation.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
NJSk8Fan-

Don't delay too long to see Hawaii. My mother kept saying she always wanted to go and never did, now she is too old.

I've been there several times and Kauai is my favorite island. We went to Oahu this time because our friends were there too. It's a fun island to take the kids to because there is a lot to do there. I had never been to the north shore of Oahu, and it was worth it- so beautiful.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'm glad you had a good time. We, too, had a great time in Hawaii. Last week I was so spacey because I wanted to go BACK!

Any photos?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
RealtorGal- Glad you had a good time in Hawaii. Were you on the island of Maui? I know what you mean about wanting to go back.......I'm ready!

I liked staying in a private residence, we had the pool all to ourselves. Our friends stayed in Lanikai about 3 miles from us in the most spectacular house right on the the beach. 6 bedrooms, beautiful pool with an unbelievable view of the ocean. The cost per day was $3,000. Way out of our budget :laugh:

Waikiki was awful, but the surfing there was good.

We took lots of photos. Did you? I wanted to post pictures of the ice rink there but I don't know how to post photos here.

Suzy

On the Ice
I went to Hawaii, Oahu, Kuai, and Maui with a couple of friends years and years ago before I got married. I am so glad I went because now I'm married to an old fart who hates the heat and does not like tropical-type vacations! If you're young and can afford it and have friends to go with, go now and don't wait till you incur a household and children and all the expenses that entails. I also had a chance to go to Europe on a Eurorale(?) pass the following year with the same group of girls, but guess what? I got married instead! :eek:hwell:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
dlkk, go to www.photobucket.com and you can upload photos FOR FREE. Then you can post them anywhere. And, they have no issues with hotlinking to another website!

Here are a couple of Maui photos:

Hubby & Child frolicking:

89895fdd.png

A double rainbow:

45c36216.png

The Big Island of Hawaii:

Lava rock is EVERYWHERE:

3316ca20.png

My daughter's photo of sunset:

2e669452.png

So tropical:

3514117d.png

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Love the photos! Your daughter did good on the sunset photo-beautiful.

Where's that photo of you-the bathing beauty on the beach ;) My hubby took a picture of me lying on the beach on my stomach-yeck! At least you can't see my face!! :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I'm married to an old fart who hates the heat and does not like tropical-type vacations!
Suzy-then leave the old fart behind and take a trip with a friend or friends.