Almost broke my thumb yesterday... | Golden Skate

Almost broke my thumb yesterday...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The youth group came over for a BBQ yesterday afternoon. I wasn't feeling well so I figured I would just stay downstairs. Mom didn't like that idea so I went out and decided I might as well play volleyball with the rest of them. I had a great time, we had the perfect number on each team, so I wasn't afraid of getting clobbered. Well, not too much. I was going at it with my friend Jaren (Mr. has to talk about KCHS Football every breathing moment... lol which is completely fine by me!) and he spiked it and I surprisingly got under the ball and got it over. But I sacrificed my body for the team (as Jeremiah would say, and I did make him proud) and somehow I pulled my thumb out of the socket. It was soooooooooooooo swollen and hurt so bad! LOL I couldn't push with it at all and so typing today hurts. But oh well... the swelling has gone down. I played for a bit more and then I realized my thumb didn't want me to do that so I went and asked dad if I should worry. I couldn't bend it by that point and I was freaking out lol but he was all "suck it up and get back in the game." Yup, that's my dad the med tech... sports come before health! ;) :rofl:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toni, glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself, please!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The swelling is completely gone now... it is still purple, but it's not bugging me at all anymore...

I can open my sodas on my own now! WOOT! :rock: :laugh: