Sasha Cohen's Journal | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's Journal

R.D.

Record Breaker
registered said:
Oh, OK that explains it all: you can't stand ALL kind of skating, except for SOME lady's skating, you're not interested in aspects of personal lives of skaters, but you're a regular at the skating site to give an earful of some foolish snarks to fellow posters. (Well, at least Kwan's no longer winning it all, which must make life more bearable to you) You're just oozing with sophistication, RD, not sounding like a teenybopper, but rather like someone who had too much of a drink, that "inspired" your user name. Get real, Red Dog, as nonsensical as you are, you've got no leg to stand to teach anyone how to maintain an on-line journal, or to maintain a fan site.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :yes: ;) :laugh: :cool:

Bitter much? :frown2:

ETA: it's funny how you criticize me for "snarking at fellow posters", when you're doing exactly that right now. Coincidence? I think not.

Maybe you're just mad because you finally discovered I'm not a Sasha fan while you're a big uberfan? ;) :rofl:

Oh, while I'm at it, please enlighten me to where I was teaching one how to maintain a fan site or an online journal. Unless I'm mistaken, I simply said I didn't care about what she wrote. Perhaps it's you that should go back and not read so much into things...

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
As a wise rabbit once said-"If you can't saying anything nice, then, don't say anything at all." :)

Last edited:

kyla2

Final Flight
I Am Always Suspicious.....

I am always suspicious of people who don't like animals, especially dogs. They are GOD'S gifts to mankind. I think it is very sweet of Sasha to take the time to "speak" to her on-line fans about anything.

RD - Don't let em get you down. All you have to do is explain the rationale behind your negative obsession of Kwan and your constant use of pressure.

I for one do not believe the nonfans of Kwan are Kwan haters but I do think they are not happy with Kwan gushers. JMO.

I've explained my views on pressure on another thread. In essence, pressure is how one uses it.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the link!

I would think that Sasha´s website including the journals are meant for her fans and those that are fans (especially younger ones), definetely are interested in little tidbits about her doings. I admire skaters that make the effort for their fans.

Last edited:

Bruin714

On the Ice
kyla2 said:
I am always suspicious of people who don't like animals, especially dogs. They are GOD'S gifts to mankind. I think it is very sweet of Sasha to take the time to "speak" to her on-line fans about anything.

I've just returned to California from Vietnam. A popular delicacy over there is dog meat. :yes: People do have dogs as a pet, but if you don't watch over your dog, watch out; they go missing easily.

Like you, I'm an animal lover too. I particularly love cows. Yum, yum. :p

luvsasha

Final Flight
i'm a sasha fan and i don't care that she got a tan. I'd rather know what her programs are too! I heared she's keeping Dark Eyes as her short.

Red Dog said:
MM- that picture you had there. I cropped it and I'm interested in making a custom avatar out of that image. But I can't figure out how to add it- I see only the standard avatars. So can you use only those avatars, or can you use your own as well?
Email it to Paula at

[email protected]

and request a custom avatar.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Red Dog, are they picking on you AGAIN??? I think some of them do it because they like you. I will stick up for you. STOP PICKING ON RED DOG!!!

Red Dog, I have always enjoyed your posts and when you find an interesting topic it is always filled with good conversation.

Now, you have to admit it is funny when they accuse you of being a Sasha fan and you got all bent out of shape. :laugh: :laugh: .............and I think that is the reason they pick on you.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Email it to Paula at

[email protected]

and request a custom avatar.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I for one do not believe the nonfans of Kwan are Kwan haters but I do think they are not happy with Kwan gushers. JMO.

To a degree, this is true. I'm glad someone else thinks this way.

However, this said, taken to an extreme, Kwan gushers can get to some people so much that it can eventually turn into a dislike or a hatred (sometimes intense) of her. I know this firsthand because I've experienced it, and seen other people experience it as well.

Red Dog said:
However, this said, taken to an extreme, Kwan gushers can get to some people so much that it can eventually turn into a dislike or a hatred (sometimes intense) of her. I know this firsthand because I've experienced it, and seen other people experience it as well.
Yes! We noticed yours in particular.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Yes! We noticed yours in particular.

Joe

Perhaps you have. But other than maybe a few comments, IMO only real Kwan fans would "notice" such a thing (because I've never insulted her or called her names). It makes perfect sense that such small details would be picked apart only in this forum. But I digress. In a couple of months, we'll all know who's skating to what, and people will be preparing themselves for the opening event of the 2005-2006 Olympic Season. I say bring it on. :agree: :rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Catering to the fan base helps the whole sport, IMHO.

Mathman

ITA, Mathman! Without the connection many do not stay interested...

doesn't make the life of a webmaster any easier, but still :laugh:

why we have to pick apart this girl's journal is beyond me... :scratch: it's no different than a lot of other blogs written by girls her age

CDMM1991

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
why we have to pick apart this girl's journal is beyond me... :scratch: it's no different than a lot of other blogs written by girls her age

That's how I like to think of it Toni.

millie

Medalist
Some of you guys are like a bunch of vultures when Sasha's name is mentioned, you try to pick her to the bone. :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell:

Oh how I am looking forward to this skating season!

R.D.

Record Breaker
millie said:
Some of you guys are like a bunch of vultures when Sasha's name is mentioned, you try to pick her to the bone. :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell:

Remember that I've seen this happen even on her fan forum, so you can't necessarily blame it on the "Cohen-haters". The more you put yourself out there, the more you'll be picked apart. And, since Cohen has an online journal, it makes her a target for that much more discussion and criticism, some of it from many of her own fans.

Red Dog said:
Remember that I've seen this happen even on her fan forum, so you can't necessarily blame it on the "Cohen-haters". The more you put yourself out there, the more you'll be picked apart. And, since Cohen has an online journal, it makes her a target for that much more discussion and criticism, some of it from many of her own fans.
And some posters love to pick apart and never never have anything positive to say about any female skater until after the results are in to make sure that he is never wrong.

Sasha is fine. I don't know of any poster in GS who hates her. The vitriole towards Kwan and Cohen comes from someone who enjoys that kind of notariety.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
What I find ironic is that it appears to me that many of the people who pick apart Sasha's journal turn around and criticize other skaters for not having on line journals!