Sasha Cohen's Journal | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's Journal

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
^^^ Ain't that the truth. I don't know why people take apart Sasha's journal. I mean, I'm not really a fan of hers but I like to read it to see how she's doing and stuff. It's cool that she takes the time to write it.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I would love it if just general news threads about certain skaters would only be left to their fans to dicuss without any "haters" adding their 2cents. Not to be harsh, but what 's the point of it? Sasha non-fans should let the Sasha fans enjoy themeselves and not feel that they have to defend her at every twist and turn, same for the Michelle threads. This way you could enjoy your favorite skaters even more by respecting the favorites of your fellow posters. :)

Annie

Last edited:

orchid

On the Ice
I just wonder how much of the Sasha journal is the plan of her marketing group rather than Sasha herself.

That is, fan chat, negative or not is better than no chatter at all.

Just a thought.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
CzarinaAnya said:
I would love it if just general news threads about certain skaters would only be left to their fans to dicuss without any "haters" adding their 2cents. Not to be harsh, but what 's the point of it? Sasha non-fans should let the Sasha fans enjoy themeselves and not feel that they have to defend her at every twist and turn, same for the Michelle threads. This way you could enjoy your favorite skaters even more by respecting the favorites of your fellow posters. :)

Annie

The point would be the free and open exchange of ideas with (hopefully) both sides learning from it. Fans can always discuss their favorite skaters on their respective fan sites. I don't buy into the ideal that you should only say nice things or remain silent. The boards would be filled with tedious, mind numbing gush threads. That, IMO, would be absolutely pointless. Instead, I believe people should say what they think, but say it respectfully.

Crizzy

Rinkside
Sasha's journals are harmless. Although not much substance at times like getting a tan :sheesh: but she is catering more to her fans than the general figure skating fans. Some of her fans seem to be very interested on that.

AND as long as she doesn't post Al-Queda, Holy War and How to make a bomb out of cow's urine and duck tape, frankly she can write whatever she wants. But I also understand Red Dog who wants more info on her programs and such because I am also starving for info from many skaters. Then again no skin off my back, if that's all Sasha wants to divulge at this time that's her business I won't lose any sleep over that.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Crizzy said:
Sasha's journals are harmless. Although not much substance at times like getting a tan :sheesh: but she is catering more to her fans than the general figure skating fans. Some of her fans seem to be very interested on that.

[snip]

because I am also starving for info from many skaters. Then again no skin off my back, if that's all Sasha wants to divulge at this time that's her business I won't lose any sleep over that.

I feel exactly the same way you do.

Peggy

On the Ice
I wish she would tell us something---the waiting is going to drive me nuts. :)

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
I LOVE that watch, I'd do just about anything to get my hands on one! But the ad itself? Blech! I find nothing charming about Sasha, to me she is the complete antithesis of chasm, very cold and unfeeling and introverted when she is out there on the ice. Some flashy moves and nothing more. Talented, sure. One of the top skaters today, can't argue with that. But charming? I don't think so. Unstoppable? Definitely not! Lucky for Citizen, most people who see that ad have no idea who Sasha Cohen is.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
SusanBeth said:
The point would be the free and open exchange of ideas with (hopefully) both sides learning from it. Fans can always discuss their favorite skaters on their respective fan sites. I don't buy into the ideal that you should only say nice things or remain silent. The boards would be filled with tedious, mind numbing gush threads. That, IMO, would be absolutely pointless. Instead, I believe people should say what they think, but say it respectfully.

I was just making a suggestion. It just seems like the threads that turn into "Michelle VS. Sasha" discussions and vice versa, all look the same after a while, which seems pointless, also. Believe me, I've got a backbone, but there are times where you just got to pick your battles. I guess, I'm just asking people to think before they post. We're probably both right. :yes:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Math are you being silly or being mean to Sasha??? :disapp:

Dee

Dee4707 said:
Math are you being silly or being mean to Sasha??? :disapp:
??? What is silly or mean about these gorgeous pictures of Sasha, in her Citizen's Watch ads (especially the first one :love: )

http://www.righttime.com/images/other/eg2310-61nad.jpg

Michelle holds her edge like a Maxxis Tire!

http://www.maxxis.com/products/automotive/downloads_gallery_view.asp?id=15320

Kristi says, Got milk?

http://www.whymilk.com/ad_downloads/kristi_yamaguchi_l.jpg

Now we can all be Short and Sassy!

http://www.rareads.com/scans/14222.jpg

Last edited:

skatingfan5

On the Ice
Glad that Sasha is NOT a chasm!

dancindiva03 said:
I find nothing charming about Sasha, to me she is the complete antithesis of chasm, very cold and unfeeling and introverted when she is out there on the ice.
So you think of Sasha as a mountain top? I guess it can get kind of cold way up there, but so can it in a chasm. All things considered, I guess a mountain top would be my preference -- and probably Sasha's. :biggrin:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
dancindiva03 said:
Blech! I find nothing charming about Sasha, to me she is the complete antithesis of chasm, very cold and unfeeling and introverted when she is out there on the ice. Some flashy moves and nothing more. Talented, sure. One of the top skaters today, can't argue with that. But charming? I don't think so. Unstoppable? Definitely not! Lucky for Citizen, most people who see that ad have no idea who Sasha Cohen is.

Man, if someone were to talk about me that way, I would run away crying my eyes out!

R.D.

Record Breaker
To me, it's completely a matter of personal taste. It's inevitable: Some dig her style, others don't. I don't hold it against anyone. Otherwise, she wouldn't have any fans (or non-fans, for that matter).

R.D.

Record Breaker
dancindiva03 said:
I find nothing charming about Sasha, to me she is the complete antithesis of chasm, very cold and unfeeling and introverted when she is out there on the ice. Some flashy moves and nothing more. Talented, sure. One of the top skaters today, can't argue with that. But charming? I don't think so. Unstoppable? Definitely not!

As much as I don't particularly like to say this, I find myself feeling the same way you do. I think there was a point where I was trying to like something about her, but I just couldn't. I never considered myself a fan of hers though (unlike what you all have been saying).

One thing I used to like- ironically, the same thing that turned many skating fans away from her- was her attitude. She never held back, and always went for it (even though she would fall once or twice). She had this sort of, fire if you will about her. Now it's all but gone. Now I see her and I'm just bored flat. Even Kwan's Bolero was more exciting to watch than Cohen last year. I know I'm in true "non-fan" mode when I watch for the thrill of competition instead of wanting to see a particular skater. I hear her give the same "I want to skate my best" stuff you hear a lot of others say. (Except for Nationals, where she wasn't afraid to admit that she wanted to win.)

Something in me wants an upstart to win next year. Enough of the veterans- JMO!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh:
Mathman said:
??? What is silly or mean about these gorgeous pictures of Sasha, in her Citizen's Watch ads (especially the first one :love: )
Sorry Math, I never know when you're just joking about Sasha. :laugh: :laugh: It's no secret here on the board of how you feel about Michelle and what a threat Sasha is to her so that's why I question whether you were being mean or not!

Dee

Hey, Dee, if only it were that easy. I could say something bad about Sasha, Irina, Shizuka, Carolina, Fumie, Miki, Joannie and Kimmie, and then Michelle would win a gold medal. Unfortunately, no matter what I say, they still have to show up and skate for it! :laugh:

About charm, that's in the heart of the charmee, or something like that. To me, Michelle is like a candle, Sasha is like a firecracker. Michelle is a warm glow, Sasha is a bright explosion.

No wait. I mean Irina is a bright explosion...oh, ever mind.

I don't know any of these young ladies in real life. Of the skaters that I have personally met and talked to, the most charming is Aaron Parcham. Also Ben Agosto and Tanith Belbin. Tanith has that gift (like Bill Clinton) of being able to go down a line of well-wishers and make evey person in the line the sole focus of her interest, at least for a second or two. That's very charming.

Mathman

Last edited: